[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dark Link is actually impossible without exploiting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: zelda.jpg (104KB, 1430x1068px) Image search: [Google]
zelda.jpg
104KB, 1430x1068px
Dark Link is actually impossible without exploiting
>>
I dunno, my brother beat this on the original NES back in the day and I don't remember him doing any particularly cheap tactics or tricks

he also beat Battletoads legit with no warps and would just kinda ruthlessly throw himself at these games over and over until he finally could get through them
>>
>>3711159
I just slashed and jumped like a retard until it died.
>>
Git Gud.

Did you just tank through (or run like a little girl) every Iron Knuckle and Eagle Knight in the game?

If you didn't study, don't complain you can't pass the final exam.
>>
Dark Link is actually impossible unless you git gud.
>>
the only way I could ever figure out to beat him was to jump at him and attack JUST before you land and he couldn't seem to block it.
>>
>>3711759
You mean just like every other shielded badguy in the game?
>>
>>3711757
>>3711520
Crouching in the corner and stabbing his legs doesn't take a lot of skill. Otherwise I have no idea how to land a hit on this SoB. It seems like you have to cheese to win.
>>
>>3712129
yep, works on just about everything.
>>
Just lure him in with a few feints low attacks, high attacks, down-thrusts to throw him off and keep him on the defensive and then strike when you see an opening in his defense.

Like literally every shielded enemy in the game, just much harder.
>>
>>3711520
Oh my god that picture is horrible. I mean... two dollars to play a claw game? What an blatant rip-off!
>>
>>3712243
I know, $2.00?! I could buy any of that Chinese crap outright for less than two bucks each!

What an outrage!!!
>>
>>3712243
>>3712251
Neither of you are funny.
>>
Fuck off you god damned casual.

The so called exploit didn't even work for me so I fought him like a god damned man and beat him four or five times in my life.
>>
Playing through this for the first time right now. Just got past the second palace.

Is there anything that determines what enemies do with their shields? Because whether they block high or low, and whether they change where they're blocking when I attack, both just seem random.

I just found out about the jump slash always getting through shields and it helped a lot with getting through the second dungeon, but it feels like cheating. Yeah it's part of the game whether it's intended or not, but I don't think I'd feel too good about cheesing my way through this game, so I don't want to rely on it too much. Kind of takes away from the satisfaction of beating it.

Someone just told me about the mirror and life spell. Fuck I wish I had those before doing the second dungeon, would have made things so much easier. This seems like possibly the most useful spell in the game but I don't know how fucking anyone can be expected to find it if they aren't told about it or using a guide.
>>
>>3712129
This is the best way to handle them. It kind of sucks, but otherwise I find that they somehow block my attacks even with their shields down.
>>
>>3711159
A few years ago I would have believed you, but I have beat him once without kneeling.

>No death run
>Collected all the dolls to have max lives (it switches to alphabet after 9)
>Get all the way to Dark Link without dying
>Almost out of magic because of Thunderbird
>Just enough for Shield
>Run in and fight like crazy using the best aggressive tactic: Jump/Crouch/Stab-while-dropping
>I backed HIM into the other corner
>He hit me a lot and blocked most of my attacks
>I was reckless and didn't stop my jump attacks
>Actually beat him on the first try

Basically this >>3711354
>>
>>3712297
>too stupid to get the easiest exploit ever to work
>calling others casuals
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.