[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good jrpgs for PSX

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: 250px-Todbox.jpg (19KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Todbox.jpg
19KB, 250x250px
I need good jrpg for PSX.
Played Alundra, Vagrant, PE, chronos, valkyrie, xeno, finals, silver star, alundra, bof.
Hint: picrel wasn't good, was shit. bof was average.
>>
rec threads get deleted here but you might get some responses until the thread 404s
>>
There are no good JRPGs.
>>
>>3711108
wut?
>>
>>3711110
recommendation threads have a history of getting deleted because they're only allowed in /r/ or some shit

I can't respond because I've played too few of them and too little
>>3711109
I disagree :^)
>>
>>3711105
OK so here's my 2 cents. I recently found out the best selling games on PS in Japan. Here are the JRPGs from it which you haven't played yet:
Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon
SaGa Frontier
Arc the Lad II
Seiken Densetsu Legend of Mana
Star Ocean Second Story
Also, just in case, FFT and DQVII.
>>
ToD was great, fuck you.
>>
>>3711294
shit dialogues. made the game unplayable right from begining. Cringworthy intro with cheap anime did not help
>>
>>3711105

Final Fantasy Tactics.
>>
>>3711318

You don't play Tales of games for the storylines.
>>
>>3711105
suikoden II
>>
>>3711318

Bitching about weeb shit in weeb shit material.

Nice job.
>>
>>3711332
what for then? is it exceptional in some way? aside from lack of ATB

>>3711341
Wild arms or Alundra had anime intro and much better storyline. They were much better games.

Being idiot, nice job at doing it.
>>
>>3711350
>They were much better games.

You just said you barely even tried out the damn combat, what the hell are you even bumbling on about?
>>
>>3711356
First hour is always enough to know where is it going.
>>
>>3711360
Well did you like the combat or not?
>>
>>3711362
You cant know if combat is good first 5 hours, since it involves pressing one button in jrpgs.

If the dialogues, script, humour, music is shit then combat won't save it. That's why i asked if it gets exceptional at one point further.
>>
>>3711105
>Hint: picrel wasn't good, was shit. bof was average.

kys
>>
>>3711362
Niggga, ToD combat is a parryfest, AI is too dumb to attack enemies one inch away from them, Stahn's sacred skills that are broken and do virtually no damage.
Spells stopping the flow of the battle isn't very cool either, specially when you can't roll with a non-caster team like in ToP.
>>
>>3711647
I haven't played the original in ages I played the PS2 ToD Remake Directors Cut.

Neither have I played Phantasia ever since the release of the PS1 fan translation I assume Phantasia had a Hard mode right?
>>
>>3711653
I was talking about the PS remake though. Yes, hard and mania, why?
>>
>>3711665
>Yes, hard and mania, why?

I remember they were not exactly fuck around shit and i say this as a guy who plays arcade beat em ups on max difficulty settings.
>>
>>3711105
>>3711318
>zero taste
would recommend some stuff, but fuck it

and it's not like Destiny doesn't have its fair share of issues (in fact, I'm pretty sure Phantasia on PS1 is genuinely a better game, and the English translation of Destiny makes one bit almost require a guide), but you've hit on none of the problems with the game

pacing is a little weak early on, it gets better (until really, really late game, where it's a bit of a slog)

>>3711332
Destiny's story is a bit plain, but solid. The earlier titles in the series don't go "lol friendship" like the later entries (barring Abyss).
>>
>>3711105
>not liking Tales of Destiny

Now I'm mad.
>>
>>3711105
Legend of Dragoon
>>
File: TO.jpg (21KB, 293x266px) Image search: [Google]
TO.jpg
21KB, 293x266px
>ctrl+f Tactics Ogre
>Phrase not found
Do yourself a favor and get it.
>>
>>3711330
Who's bright idea was it to play a bogstandard JRPG full of grinding over slow tactical maps? How do people tolerate maneuvering tactical maps when there are no tactics? Why does the game have to lie twice in the title?
>>
>>3711372
>You cant know if combat is good first 5 hours
It shouldn't be this way, but it is. And every time it is unacceptable.
>>
>>3713240
Here's your (You), now take your bait thread and go.
>>
>>3713251
I'm as upset about the lack of tactics as you are at me complaining. I dig the basic plot of FFT which is exactly why having to deal with THAT inbetween bothers me enough to find opportunities to bitch about it. If it just did things like FE and never let you replay maps or random encounters, they might have been forced to design it less grindy at the very least.
>>
>>3713282
Your other comments are bait too, get out.
>>
>>3711294
It's rubbish.
>>3711336
So is this.
>>
>>3713015

This on any virtual store?

>>3711105

Ever play Quest 64 OP ?
>>
>>3713394
Quest 64 is my jam, nigga.
>>
Play all of these OP ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIQOv5XT8hw
>>
>>3713394
>>3713429

Quest 64 is such a weird game. It's like an RPG made by a person who's never played an RPG, or seen one for himself, just had them described to him. So you get weird unconventional things like having no currency or shops and finding level ups just lying around in a field somewhere.
>>
What do anons think of Granstream Saga? While the pedigree is appealing (former Quintet), the battles don't give EXP or improve stats to my knowledge, so they are just kind of there.
>>
>>3711105
Star Ocean 2.

If you enjoy games that are focused primarily on exploration, you might also try out the King's Field series and Shadow Tower.
>>
>>3713483
I tried to play it both a long time ago in the 90's as a rental and then again about 15 years later. I just couldn't get into either time.
>>
ToD is fucking great, jackass
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.