[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you know?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: IMAG0072.jpg (751KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0072.jpg
751KB, 3264x1836px
Mario can bounce off the fireballs from the boss of the 4th castle
>>
>>3710926
Doesn't surprise me. Pretty much all snes games, and especially those that were successors to nes games, had their difficulties nerfed so Nintendo could appeal to a more casual audience.
>>
>>3710930
Not really. Game design just got better and more intricate.
>>
>>3710934
That holds true in some cases but there were plenty of great games for which is does not, SMB1-3 being great examples.
>>
>>3710934
>more intricate
Sure feels intricate when I'm just curb stomping everything without even thinking about what I'm doing.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNErU47HHZ0
>>
>>3710930
>>3710934
Both of you need to get some common sense. 1 anecdotal case from 1 game doesn't prove or deny any of your theories. It's just 1 fucking anecdote.
>>
>>3710926
Not surprising. I think Mario can bounce off literally any enemy in the game, save for a few special cases. I'd be more surprised if he couldn't bounce off something.
>>
>>3710983
Megaman, castlevania, metroid, adventure island. There, now you have 5. Would you like me to continue?
>>
>>3711008
Lol which of the strawman theories were you even referring to?
>>
>>3711020
>claims many snes games had nerfed difficulty, SMW a great ex
>nuh uh! You can't say that based on one anecdotal case
>easily provides four more
>psh what are you even talking about
kys
>>
>>3710969
Holy shit I just tried this and it worked
You learn something new everyday
>>
File: smug_yoshi.jpg (79KB, 593x584px) Image search: [Google]
smug_yoshi.jpg
79KB, 593x584px
>>3710930
>fucking casuls they're killing the vidyagaems
>1991
>>
>>3710930
>Only true gamers like frustrating bullshit, tight controls and mechanics are for pussies
>>
>>3711034
>had their difficulties nerfed so Nintendo could appeal to a more casual audience.
Dude, I was replying to 2 posts at the same time and I asked you which one was yours.

Anyway, you're obviously wrong.
> Pretty much all snes games, and especially those that were successors to nes games, had their difficulties nerfed so Nintendo could appeal to a more casual audience.
First of all, Nintendo doesn't control other publisher's game making decisions. "Nintendo" decided things only for their games.

Second, it depends entirely on the game in question. SMW was on par with SMB3 if you didn't use cape, but then again Miyamoto really did say they tried to make game accessible for new players. There's the Special World for experts too. Anyway, neither SMW or SMB3 are terribly hard.

Castlevania Dracula X was pretty much the same as the original if not harder. Games like Contra became even harder at times.

Megaman got easier on NES already, with 4 and 5 lowering the bar. Metroid might have become somewhat easier, but frankly I haven't beaten the first game. Still it didn't feel that hard in the first place.

So in many cases, when the games actually lowered the difficulty, it happened even before SNES, possibly but not always when the developers made switch from coin-op market to home console and there was no real point in quarter munchers anymore.
>>
File: 1482794656782.jpg (145KB, 838x638px) Image search: [Google]
1482794656782.jpg
145KB, 838x638px
>>3711039
>>3711046
>>3711050
>he couldn't git gud
>>
>>3711050
>SMW was on par with SMB3
No way, everything was out to kill you in Assmuhbee 3.
>>
>>3711098
Ad-hominem, unsurprisingly paired with an anime face. Anon lets us know he's still learning how to make arguments, but he really wants to win this one. He also goes on video game boards to pretend he's good in games to feel self-justification.

Go on anon, we all cheer for you.

>>3711102
It got predictable after a while, once you discern the pattern these things are a piece of cake.
>>
>>3711118
Assmuhbee 3 still a harder game than Assmuhdoobya.
>>
>>3710930
seems like you'd have to be more skilled to do that, bro
>>
>>3711150
Spin jumping on everything takes more skill now?
>>
>>3711151
Yes.
>>
>>3711163
The joint your smoking must be some good shit.
>>
>>3711178
>I don't know how the spin jump works so here's a meme reply for you
good to know
>>
>>3711185
You jump over thing with A button, thing bounces you back.
>>
>>3711185
Or do you mean riding the fireball to the other side of the screen? Why would you do that?
>>
>>3710996
The spin-jump is the only way to kill the flashing shell koopas with out using a star or running them off a cliff.
>>
>>3711151

Not him but unless you have the cape (which makes the landing slower if you keep pressung the jump button), doing spin jumps is more risky because it's harder to control the landing, also depending on where you bounce off, it might send you off in a direction you were not expecting, making it easier to fall on pits, not being able to control the fall.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.