[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 12

So Aliexpress has N64 repros now. Why the fuck did it take them so long? I don't think I've ever seen N64 bootlegs until now.

$25 though, Jesus Christ. I'd consider it if they got Pokemon Stadium 2 since it doesn't work on the ED64, but still, damn.
>>
>some are more expensive than their corresponding legitimate cartridges

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>3708652
people are gonna start buying the more expensive ones and flipping them on craigslist
>>
>>3708683
I think that pretty much goes without saying at this point
>>
>>3708661
the repros are rarer and therefore worth more
>>
>buying repos
>ever
Either you emulate, buy the fucking game, or get a flash cart. Some asshole doesn't deserve my money for putting a rom on a cart, especially of a game actually released.
>>
>>3708785
Repos are a lot cheaper than flashcarts or the legitimate game. I don't see the point of buying an everdrive for 100$+ if you just wanna play a few games
>>
>>3708791
Not these repros.

Then again N64 repros are a very new thing
>>
>>3708785
flash carts are good, but there's something in sticking the actual cartridge in the console that can't be reproduced by them
>>
>>3708791
>repos give you one game for around $25-30
>flash cart gives you multiple games for around $80
>>3709241
You're not sticking the actual cartridge in your console though, just a shitty fake.
>>
>>3708791
You get 4 repros and you basically bought a flashcart.
It's great for a gift but for the avid player I think a flashcart is a better investment
>>
>>3708785
They actually do, it's a great service, it's cheap, and it's going to preserve retro gaming. Bootlegs are a good thing.
>>3709420
>not actual cartridge
>actually a literal cartridge
are you feeling ok?
>>
>>3708652
On everdrive64 they are saying the master quest repro is just a straight dump of the gamecube rom and not the patched for n64 version that has the working ending.
>>
Call me when they have an Evangelion repro that works on an NTSC system. Only thing I'd be interested in.
>>
>>3708785
>Some asshole doesn't deserve my money for putting a rom on a cart, especially of a game actually released.

Sure they do. You can't buy the game officially anymore. Nobody makes them. Nobody except these guys.
>>
>>3708652
Fucking China.
>>
>>3709753
What the fuck
>>
File: 1473481435899.png (419KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1473481435899.png
419KB, 600x600px
Annnnnddd there goes the N64 market for good. No hope now. Good thing I got everything I wanted for the system ages ago. Well, unless they maybe come out with a Bangai-O repro, I ain't paying $100+ for a loose cart
>>
>>3709527
It's not the official cart, its just a copy of the real thing. If your autism says you need the actual cart in your system putting a reproduction cart in your system isn't the same as putting a actual cart in the system. Either pay up the cash for the real thing or calm your autism and emulate/get a flash cart.
>>3709781
Pretty sure you can bypass region lock on n64 with a game shark. Even then other then impressive visuals E64 is shallow. Its more of a collector's item then something you play.
>>
>>3709846
I have flashcarts, and I still buy bootlegs here and there. Nothing to do with autism.
>>
>>3709830
What do you mean? Repros didn't kill the NES/SNES market. Far from it actually.
>>
>>3709854
Only the rare games were reproduced though, making it easy to spot the difference.
>>
>>3708652
>Ogre Battle and Harvest Moon for only 25 a pop
Well at least the chinks are being smart and repro'ing the super expensive shit. If I see a Paper Mario or Gauntlet Legends repro I'ma snag some shit up.
>>
>>3709830
>Well, unless they maybe come out with a Bangai-O repro
this
hopefully the price gets lowered to around 5 to 10 per cart and I'd buy one instantly
>>
>>3709527
>it's a great service, it's cheap, and it's going to preserve retro gaming

it's already preserved on trillions of brazilian emulation websites
>>
>>3708652
I might buy a few because I really don't care if my copy is legit or not.
>>
>>3708661
These are more expensive to make than the NES or SNES cartridges
>>
File: 1481814520317.gif (1MB, 326x256px) Image search: [Google]
1481814520317.gif
1MB, 326x256px
>>3708652
Nice.
They have Conkers for 25$
>>
What site do you guys buy your clear game cases from

I have a lot of old games I need to make cases for
>>
>>3712434
http://www.mediashelving.com/store/universal-slim-combo-game-full-sleeve
>>
File: 452.png (598KB, 600x878px) Image search: [Google]
452.png
598KB, 600x878px
>>3708652
well this is going to make getting a complete library a bit harder... the only """""""rare""""""" game i really have is Super Bowling.
>>
So how will one be able to tell a repro from the a genuine with a quick glance of the eye? I wanna be educated from now on in my hunts.
>>
>>3713156
All I have to go on are the Aliexpress photos, but the backs of these seem to have much taller stickers than normal N64 games, at least NTSC ones. (Not sure about PAL, is this multi-language thing standard on PAL copies?)

Also, look at that Nintendo logo. It looks oddly thin and bootleggy, like the weird "E" on bootleg GBA games' ESRB ratings. I think that'll be the first thing to watch out for.
>>
File: 1460560417755.gif (904KB, 245x329px) Image search: [Google]
1460560417755.gif
904KB, 245x329px
>>3708652
>no sin and punishment or paper mario
>>
>>3709846

It's the same data on the same piece of hardware, who gives a shit what company made it? I listen to modern pressings of hard-to-find vinyls, and I play repro carts of overpriced games. I don't see the problem.
>>
>>3713442
FUCKING THIS. ill buy both of those in a second.

Might order OPggre Battle tho... and that Ocarina of Time Master Quest.
>>
>>3708652
Don't worry, I reported those fuckers for illegal activities.
>>
>>3713442
Is Paper Mario really that expensive now? I bought my copy in 2012 for like $25.
>>
>>3708652
If you're going down this route why don't you just skip the hassle and get an Everdrive?
>>
File: 1479174498954.jpg (8KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1479174498954.jpg
8KB, 184x184px
>>3713546
Came here to post this. These repros are frankly over priced and for what it would cost to buy a chunk of worthwhile games you can just get an EverDrive and get more bang for your buck.

And I agree with >>3709830 this shit is just going to fuck over anyone getting in to collecting since scummy resellers will buy these in droves to rip people off assuming these aren't clearly labeled as repros.
>>
>>3712747
I've been thinking of getting these but I don't need a hundred fucking cases, especially since I use different cases for my Genesis games already. I don't suppose there's a smaller quantity listing?
>>
>>3713634
You're overblowing the situation here. Resellers aren't going to be able to grab shit off of these because the buyers who care about authenticity will be able to easily identify the differences between legit copies and knockoffs. Has always been the case for generations, especially during GBA era where that shit was going rampant.
>>
>>3714095
It's interesting, repros seem to have little to no effect on the market.

Aliexpress SNES repros have been common on ebay at least a year or two now. Idiots are buying them for $30-50 a pop to play a "cheaper" version of Earthbound or Chrono Trigger, yet the market value on legit rare SNES carts continues to rise expectedly.

I think what's happening is the repros appeal to a specific demographic of collectors who wouldn't have the money/care to spend the money to buy legit copies of rare games, but aren't savvy enough to know about flashcarts. They're not dipping into the real collector market at all, and real collectors won't fall for repro games so the resellers don't even bother risking it. They just flip them as overpriced repros because it works and they make $15-30 off each sale with less risk than selling them as real carts to make $100+ less frequently.
>>
>>3712390
Wait Gauntlet Legends is expensive?
>>
>>3714227
It's starting to climb up to first party Nintendo 64 prices nowadays. If these chinks make a repro for $25 and it's a good 1:1 clone in terms of playback I'd rather just grab one of those instead and use my saved cash for more copies of Quest64.
>>
>>3708652
>They added even more games today
>Motherfucking Goemon staring back at me on the first page
God dammit what do I do? They're making it harder for me to not unload my entire bank for some of these.
>>
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-N64-Game-Conkers-Bad-Fur-Day-Video-Game-Cartridge-Console-Card-/182408285363

IT BEGINS
>>
>>3714259
>Double the price
I wish I knew how to enter this market and make bank off of
>>
>>3714259
>Seller information
>nintendo.rif (0 )
seems legit
>>
File: Misadvbox.jpg (24KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Misadvbox.jpg
24KB, 250x250px
When are those stinky chinks gonna start pressing cd games?
>>
>>3714274
First report the other sellers for selling bootlegs and get them taken down. Then move in and start drop shipping from aliexpress.
>>
>>3713634
Good, bandwagonners are the fucking worst, especially those who want the ORIGINAL copies.

You're the worst.
>>
>>3714307
I just softmod my PS1 and use paper labelled or printed CDs, they look nearly the same as the original.
>>
>>3714386
>Ripping of people is good
>Anyone who wants the original cart is a bandwagoner
kys retard
>>
>>3708652
I'll admit that I'm hyped as fucked that this is finally possible. But for now, most games that are being repro'd are games I either allready own, or can get the original cartridge for far cheaper.
Duke Nukem 64 for example is only 10 bucks in retro game stores. For now atleast.

I am however very interested in that LoZ Masterquest cartridge, and I patiently await a Glover 2 repro, so my inner child can finally get some closure.
>>
File: into the trash.png (224KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
into the trash.png
224KB, 420x420px
>>3714420
>Anyone who wants the original cart is a bandwagoner
Don't give me that ''dad sold it'' excuse, I've heard it a million time and I laughed it a thousand time.
Enjoy paying 300$ for a ''original'' plastic box you didn't even play as a kid you stupid hipster.
I'm not the one having problems with it.
From now on I will call you sissy cum eating reseller slave, you are not allowed to wear men clothes anymore, only dresses and high heels.
>>
>>3714307
It's way cheaper and easier for people to make their own playable phony cd games than it is for them to make their own playable phony cartridge games. Unless China somehow pumps out a massive amount of jewel cases and pamphlets for these games there ain't gonna be a market for them to bag with those.
I'd kill for something to replace my Dreamcast's failing disc reader though
>>
http://assemblergames.com/l/threads/reflashing-or-making-reproduction-n64-carts.61695/#post-912505
>>
File: WangWang20161009214724.jpg (78KB, 1280x959px) Image search: [Google]
WangWang20161009214724.jpg
78KB, 1280x959px
>>3716270
>>
File: duck_nukem_by_tee_see-d6qfs3q.jpg (768KB, 1280x1780px) Image search: [Google]
duck_nukem_by_tee_see-d6qfs3q.jpg
768KB, 1280x1780px
>>3708652
>no multicarts
How lame! Not even a Super Mario 64 / Duck Nukem combo!
>>
>>3716483
I'd suspect that there isn't enough information out there to make one for N64 games, the architecture all screwy and shit which is why we're only now starting to see repros coming out. Remember you can't just flash an N64 rom and make a bootleg cart easy.
>>
>>3716491
Not him but really? What's required?
>>
>>3716497
Nobody knows except for the chinese
>>
>>3716498
And Krikzz
>>
>>3716497
I remember reading the CIC/lockout chip was one of the problems, some bootlegs even took legit one from official game and used that on their bootlegs, which was also used in everdrives
>>
>>3716491
>>3716512
Then maybe a multicart could be made by having an external switch on the cart to flip between different ROMs, while still only needing one of the other stuff in there?
>>
>>3708652
They stopped making N64 bootlegs before you were born. No surprise you never saw them before.

>>3714439
>finally possible
Top kek kid. The 90's called and want their bootlegs back

>>3716491
Just because you don't know something doesn't mean the information isn't out there. Anything is "all screwy and shit" if you can't into electronics. If you have some old rambus flash and programmer you can easily just flash a rom and make a bootleg cart. If you have a little more knowledge you can make one with modern parts.
>>
>>3714089
Not by them, but if you google "Universal Game Case" or look at eBay, you'll find a lot of shops that sell these in smaller quantities, but they usually charge more (sometimes a lot more)
>>
>>3708652
>Repros

I'd rather have the real thing or have nothing.
>>
>>3719854
I feel this way about most games but having a Master Quest cart is tempting, maybe if the price comes down on them.

Normally I'd prefer a flashcart but I don't see the point in getting one for n64, I already own most of the games I'd want to play and there's very few Japanese games with fan translations.
>>
>>3712418
>wasting money on an N64 copy of Conker and not the superior Xbox version
>>
>>3719880
Xbox version has shit multiplayer though
>>
>>3719880

>censored
>superior
>>
>>3720484
>>3719880
And it's censored. Looks fucking amazing though
>>
This kinda makes me nervous since I'm new into collecting N64 stuff and clearly too stupid to tell the difference between the fake Super Mario 64 on Aliexpress and the real version. What details should I be looking at?
>>
This is proof that copyright is delaying the progress of humanity.
>>
>>3719854
I don't know man, $25 for Conker and Goemon sounds really good if they work as good as legit carts.
>>
>>3716491
I think it's more likely related to how there weren't even any official dual-carts! That way, hackers can't look at those as examples / dissect how they operate.

It sure seems like there had to be some sort of concentrated effort around this, like nintendo being determined to keep the "value" of the games for this thing high. And it's not like this wasn't possible because of cartridge space cost, there was still a substantial range of game sizes.
>>
>>3716101
>I'd kill for something to replace my Dreamcast's failing disc reader though

SD card adapter and DreamShell
>>
>>3716497
Maybe a whole bunch of UltraCICs?
>>
>>3720630
I meant an actual disc reader so I can keep using my fuckhuge Dreamcast collection?
>>
>>3720637
That will allow you to dump your games onto SD cards. I've even seen some people mod Dreamcasts to use HDDs with DreamShell.
>>
>>3720638
I don't want any of that shit though, I just want a new fucking disc reader
>>
>>3720646
Buy an aftermarket laser off aliexpress or taobao then
>>
>>3718007
Here in europoor, or atleast The Netherlands, they only bothered with bootlegs for the Gameboy Colour, and people offering to burn downloaded Playstation one games. So the concept of Bootleg games outside of those two consoles was mostly foreign to me.

I remember the first and only one of two bootlegs I found in the wild for the NES, was one of those 256 in 1 cartridges, and being genuinly surprised at it's existince. That did spark my interest in bootleg games.

So, that's why the N64 repro's came as a genuine surprise to me and seem like new stuff. They simply didn't exist here.
>>
>>3709420

You're not sticking the actual cartridge in your console though, just a shitty fake.

40 years from now all the real cartridges will be dead and all we'll have are repro's. if you're actually playing the game you shouldn't be doing it with $80-$100 carts anyway.
>>
>>3708652
These have been around for a while. I saw them last year when looking for SNES Repros.

Also, manufacturing takes time, especially for niche markets, even in China.
>>
>>3714137
Yeah I think you're right.

It's a weird market. People who want the actual cart instead of emulating or using a flashcart but don't care that it is a bootleg.

I think it's largely people who don't know about flashcarts, or don't know you can get them cheaply from China.

I bought 3 SNES Earthbound carts to flip on Craigslist and sold all of them for $50-60 despite clearly advertising in the title that they were reproductions.
Ended up not being worth my time coordinating and meeting up with people though.
>>
>>3714259
Just make an ebay account, put up a listing, and order it from AliExpress when someone buys it on eBay.
Make sure to clearly state it's a repro though so you don't lose your account.

I used to make $150/day doing this with Amazon (not for video games). Now I do even more than that dropshipping clothes from AliExpress on my own site.
>>
>>3713540
checked pricecharting right now. Apparently it's worth 44 loose, 80 complete.
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.