[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sony trinitron 32

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (33KB, 614x461px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 614x461px
A guy in my town is giving away one of these suckers and allegedly it's in great condition (I'd obviously test it first). Should I take it?
>>
>>3707154
If you've got the space and a buddy (or a dolly/strong constitution) then go for it.
>>
>>3707156
>(or a dolly/strong constitution) then go for it.

I remember finding a Mitsubishi 36" CRT by the road around 2008 I carried that fucker for one mile until I got home.
>>
>>3707158
I'll take "Things which never happened" for ten please, Alex
>>
>>3707154
Name me one possible reason why you should NOT take it, OP.
>>
Doesn't goodwill sell pretty good condition CRT's for like 15-20$?
I got mine there it's p. Good the only thing is I can't figure out how to get the AV2 sign on the bottom to go away but it doesn't really bother me much, it's probably somewhere in the menu but I keep putting off looking for it
>>
>>3707186

Well let me rephrase my question, would this generally be accepted as a good option for a retro CRT experience? And yes the all important controller is included
>>
>>3707168
Agree.

I am 6'1" and 240 lbs. Blue collar. Strong as an ox. I can and have moved 32" Trinitrons by myself. It is difficult to pick them up of the ground, but not bad from a TV stand height.

I have (2) 36" Trinitrons currently, and the extra ~50 lbs. combined with the larger size makes that shit outright impossible. Like I have tried to psych myself up and do it, and it just is not going to happen. I can still pick one up from a TV stand, but it requires the use of a strap. Only useful for putting the damned thing onto a dolly to wheel about because it would be impossible to navigate any doorways or stairs holding the thing upright like that.

It is possible for someone 7' tall and 300+ lbs. like those strong men competitors though.

>>3707154
Also, post stuff like this in CRT to preserve other threads.
>>
>>3707168
I stopped for a break now and then chump, not everybody is some 5"8 lanky midget who can't even carry his own weight.

Also it's Alexei you fucking rat.
>>
>>3707226
Lol, nice damage control
>>
>>3707236

Look we get it you americans are babies.
>>
>>3707205
You'll need an universal remote and push the display button to make it disappear. If you ever feel like ever getting rid of it, now you know how to do it.
>>
>>3707205
Depends on the store chain.
Some Goodwills don't take TVs at all anymore, be it a space concern or because people drop broken shit off. Others take them and then send them off to either a Computer Works or the large donation centers.
>>
>>3707309
The ones near me told me they take broken printers, TVs, etc. because they strip them for parts.

I've got a Trinitron that's been sitting at my house for about a year because my boss was just going to give it away to Goodwill. I couldn't let him do it even though I'm not even using it. I'm going to get rid of my old Toshiba widescreen CRT that has a line across the top of the picture. Don't know if it's worth bothering to try to fix, but my wife is tired of me stockpiling CRTs.
>>
I carried my 36" CRT for a mile by myself. Lololololol. Why do so many fags on this board brag about carrying CRTs? Youre most likely lying, and if not, you're still a fag.
>>
>>3707205
The goodwill down from me sells TV's for 75ยข. Even then, they have trouble selling them.

Hell, they had a 32" Sony Grand Wega in there a couple of weeks ago. That was like a $1500 television 10 years ago. I still couldn't pull the trigger on it. Duck Hunt just isn't that important to me.
>>
>>3707158

Unless it took you like four hours and you bloodied your fucking fingers I call bullshit. If it was the same weight but smaller, sure, maybe.
>>
>>3707360
My parent's old tube TV, that was well over 30 inches weighed no more than 70 pounds, dunno what they pack inside the trinittrons if people are saying they weigh more than 200 pounds.
>>
>>3707412

Trinitrons do weigh more than your standard Shadow Mask TVs.

I can move my 36' JVC across the room by myself if desperate but my 36' Trinitron takes two people minimum, preferably three to be safe because of how front-heavy it is.

I'm /fit/-ish but not hulking.
>>
>>3707360
>>3707405
>>3707412

Wow sure is some assblasting, it was not the heaviest set in existence and yes of course it took a lot of time stubbornness and back breaking and I was very confident it was fully functional because the previous owner even placed the manual on the cable holder at the back.

I have helped acquaintances now and then when they move out and their 28,32" Philips and Sanyo sets felt like paperweights in comparison to some 21",19" NEC MULTISYNC&DELL Trinitrons Monitors.
>>
>>3707158
That's really unlikely unless you're unusually strong. A 36" CRT is going to be nearly 200 pounds.
>>
>>3707839
More than that. My Toshiba 36" HDready 4:3 weighed 240pounds and all of the weight was on the very front. Gotta carry that SOB with the screen facing down cause it's nearly impossible to carry standing up. Real nightmare down a flight of stairs.
>>
>>3707158
Benedikt Magnusson what are you doing posting on /vr/?
>>
Please, I carried the 61-inch Monster TV for 100 miles in a blizzard.
>>
>>3707154
>>3707207
Absolutely. I have a very similar 2002 model, it's a damn good TV.
>>
>>3707979

Oh yeah, I carried a guy carrying a 61" TV, 100 miles, and in a Blizzard
>>
>>3707207
If it's HD then no. Also if it has that DRC filter then also no. Otherwise fuck yes.
>>
>>3707992

>and in a Blizzard

Well I did carry a washing machine with my old man in a blizzard.
>>
>>3707956
You don't need to be fucking Benedikt Magnusson to lift 150 pounds fucking babies.
>>
>>3707213
The issue with TV's is never the weight, it's always that they're cumbersome.

Same thing with appliances like washer and driers. I can carry them on my own, but it's such a massive pain in the ass it's always a shitload easier with a dolly or a 2nd person.
>>
>>3707387
>couldn't pull the trigger on 75 cents
>>
>>3707158
In 2008 you were 8 years old so maybe it was a 13" and you just don't remember things accurately.
>>
>>3708068
Bro, I have 2, 36" CRTs. They weigh 228 lbs. each. I can not lift one even waist height off the ground without assistance, be it a strap, rope, whatever, or another human being. If you can't get it above your waist, you damned sure can't walk with it.

I can lift a 175 lb. 32" CRT. They aren't so bulky, and you can just get your arms around them and pick it up. Then you turn it sideways, and you can navigate doors, too.

But until I see the Worlds' Strongest do the same with a 36", I won't believe it.
>>
>>3707205
it depends on your area. i live in a major city and there are tons of shitters patrolling the thrift stores at all times, ensuring that i will never get anything cool at a good price
>>
>>3707914
My mistake. I was going off of how much my 35" Sony KV-35S42 weighs, at ~185. I can easily see the one inch meaning a logarithmic spike in weight for all that extra glass.
>>
>>3708724
ITT: Faggots who can't make their own hot pockets fantasize about lifting CRTs.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.