[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any good PC-98 games which isn't erotic? >inb4 touhou

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: blackbird.png (589KB, 759x423px) Image search: [Google]
blackbird.png
589KB, 759x423px
Is there any good PC-98 games which isn't erotic?
>inb4 touhou
>>
EVO: The Theory of Evolution
>>
>>3706493
why dont you like ass & tiddies?
>>
Farland Story
>>
Depends on what you consider erotic.
Maybe Daisenryaku is too hot for you.
>>
There are a fucking shit ton. People just don't feel like exploring the catalog because there are so many adult games. One of these days I need to sit down and start making some webms or something to start listing and showing off a lot of the games.

For now though, go check out the PC-98 section of http://refuge.tokyo

It's easy to tell which games are and aren't adult just from screenshots alone.
>>
>>3706946
>People just don't feel like exploring the catalog because there are so many adult games
I assume it's also the inability to read Japanese.
There are games without Japanese text but they're only a small portion of the library.
>>
>>3706978
That too.

I've been exploring a lot and finding some pretty fun games here and there. Mostly into the RPGs on the system, but have found a few others that were pretty fun as well.

I check every game I look at for how difficult it'll be to hack and translate, and have three projects my group is working on currently. We just released EVO (>>3706510) so it's time to get more work done on other games. CRW, Rusty, and Appareden are what we're working on currently. We've also inspected around 20 different promising games.

Only really two of us doing the main hacking and translation work though, so it'll take some time.
>>
>>3707034
Seems like a wasted effort. It's a niche system and everybody actually interested in it has to learn Japanese sooner or later.
The casuals that only want to fap to eroge can do so without translations.
>>
>>3706510
Fucking rad, I never knew this was a thing.

Was JUST translated on the 28th
http://46okumen.com/projects/e-v-o-the-theory-of-evolution/
Perfect timing to learn about it!
>>
>>3707201
Wasted effort to you, perhaps. I enjoy doing it, for one. Only real reason I need honestly.
>>
>>3707438
Wouldn't you want to translate games that more people are interested in?
>>
>>3707201
you sound like such a sad cunt

>>3707034
really appreciate your translation efforts. thank you
>>
>>3707443
Why, when I could translate games I'm interested in and have fun at the same time? Translating games or things purely because other people want them is what I do for money. These translations here are my hobby.
>>
>>3707467
Can't you have fun translating the games people want?
>>
>>3707475
I want it.
>>
>>3706493
Flame Zapper Kotsujin and Burning Dragon Plus.
>>
How good is PC-98 emulation?
>>
>>3708132
Pretty good, Neko Project II is the way to go as far as I'm aware. Though I haven't touched PC98 emulation in a while
>>
>>3708164
>Neko Project II

Make sure to go with the fmgen version, it's still supposedly being developed and has seemingly the best compatibility.
>>
>>3706493
I hear Dead of The Brain is good but it doesn't seem like it'll ever be translated despite having a cult following. Maybe the EVO dudes will eventually translate some VNs.
>>
File: PD1 Mech.jpg (73KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
PD1 Mech.jpg
73KB, 640x400px
The PowerDoLLs series, which is basically Hextiles Mecha X-Com.

I'm posting a picture from the MS DOS version because I'm too lazy to find a PC-98 screen, but there's quite a few of them on the PC-98 and they're much easier to find than their Windows PC version.
>>
>>3708279
Hate to do this, but I'll be straight up about it. We don't really like VNs, so it's not that likely we'll end up working on any.
>>
>>3708325
PC98 is MS-DOS.
>>
>>3708609
Isn't PC-98 a different enough architecture to have problems with Western systems though?

Like, I know that both of them are essentially PCs that use some form of a processor that ends with the numbers "86", but doesn't the whole "One is an IBM PC, the other is an NEC PC" mean something?

I know at least that once MS-DOS 5 or something came out, the line was less defined and some games (Mostly hentai) actually got western IBM PC ports.
>>
>>3708759
It's not IBM compatible if that's what you mean.
There were other x86 based computers in Japan like the FM-16. They often used MS-DOS as the operating system.
Japan had IBM compatible computers with DOS/V. You will often find them listed as PC/AT.
>>
>>3707201
faggot
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.