[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reskins, good and bad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (90KB, 600x252px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90KB, 600x252px
Did you know that Decap Attack was originally a Japanese game called Doki Doki Panic?
>>
Wowzers
>>
Yes. I knew this as a kid and assumed everyone else knew it as well until a few years ago.
>>
>>3704741
man, what happened to this board?
>>
>>3704764
The oldfags got driven away by the underage in/v/aders, who now think it's cute to pretend to be oldfags and post "obscure" jokes.
>>
File: Decap Attack.png (26KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
Decap Attack.png
26KB, 320x224px
Decap Attack looks too gritty and garish, only burgers prefer this shitty visuals over the colourful anime middle-east setting of the original.

Gameplay-wise the western version is slightly better, both have slippery controls, but you can take more hits in Decap Attack.
>>
>>3704774
It honestly looks like the pins connecting the graphics banks were loose. Those graphics are borderline corrupt.
>>
>>3704770
>The oldfags
still here
>>
Decap Attack had pretty good music though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAmSe00yH9Q
>>
File: bgb00106.png (4KB, 320x288px) Image search: [Google]
bgb00106.png
4KB, 320x288px
I prefer GB Double Dragon II over the original Kunio-kun game it was
>>
>>3704774
Decap Attack is harder than Magical Hat, because you can't farm extra lives.

The poles in Magical Hat give lives, instead of health in Decap Attack. You can earn 15 lives from each pole.

I beat Magical Hat with 99 lives left.
>>
>>3704790
I wish there were more. We can't keep the pinball or Gen 2 threads alive anymore.
>>
>>3704741
Wow OP, you just blew my mind.
Have you considered starting a Youtube channel where you make weekly videos dropping hot bombs like these? I'm sure it would be profitable enough to quit your day job.
>>
>>3704764
I'm hoping it's just holiday break. Particularly of the problem is that most of the good threads are fairly slow, so shitposty threads like these easily push them off the board.

So either don't reply and hide them, or sage if you are posting in them.
>>
>>3704790
>>3704770
I'm 35. Old enough? I don't like playing shitty fanmade mods though.
>>
>>3704825
I don't like pinball that much ever since they disappeared from arcades. And I don't care for Gen 2 either.
>>
>>3704774
It honrstly is one of the few instances I think the reskin looks better. I think they had more fun making original designs then having to what the license told them to do.
>>
>>3704741
Also a remake/sequel of the master system game Psycho Fox
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
Did you know that Super Mario Bros. was originally a Japanese anime meant to advertise Milli Vanilli?
>>
>>3704770
been lurking since the board's beginning
>>
File: tumblr_m5gpck2p0O1qi8ewoo1_540.png (14KB, 520x239px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m5gpck2p0O1qi8ewoo1_540.png
14KB, 520x239px
Okay but try to tell me this isn't a complete improvement.
>>
>>3706000

Nice get
>>
>>3704741
Is there a more incosistent series than this one?

>Kakefu Kun no Jump Tengoku: Speed Jigoku
>Kid Kool
>Psycho Fox
>Magical Hat
>Decap Attack

All the games use the same mechanics, but different graphics/characters.
>>
File: streetcombatcover[1].jpg (29KB, 475x347px) Image search: [Google]
streetcombatcover[1].jpg
29KB, 475x347px
Street Combat on the SNES was a reskinned Ranma 1/2 game. What's even odder is that there was another Ramna game released later that didn't change anything.
>>
In Brazil some games Master System and Genesis received Brazilian reskins, like Monica's Gang and MFX movies.
>>
>>3705127
Am I wrong to think that most reskins are at least decent? Who among you does not love the Noid
>>
File: Monica_jovem.jpg (22KB, 220x300px) Image search: [Google]
Monica_jovem.jpg
22KB, 220x300px
>>3706120

Monica is my waifu
>>
>>3706063
>What's even odder is that there was another Ramna game released later that didn't change anything.
Because Viz was already translating the manga and anime around that period and decided to license the Super NES game as well. The third Ranma 1/2 fighting game on SFC was also supposed to be localized, but they ultimately skipped out on that one.
>>
There's also Dragon Ball Shen long no nazo (famicom) and Dragon Power (NES)
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.