[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DOSBOX THREAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: 54.png (155KB, 646x505px) Image search: [Google]
54.png
155KB, 646x505px
ITT everything DOSBOX related. What games and OS systems are you trying out in dosbox? top favorites that you would recommend? share conf files that make specific games run the best, everything.
>>
File: win31ss20.png (79KB, 512x401px) Image search: [Google]
win31ss20.png
79KB, 512x401px
I've got windows 3.1 set up in dosbox, what good stuff can you do in it?
>>
Why would you use DOSBox when you can use PCem or Neko Project II?

DOSBox is literally the ZSNES of x86 computers.
>>
>>3704252
?
>>
>>3704267
DOSBox is inaccurate, full of issues and has shit compatibility.
>>
>>3704279
It always worked fine for me.
>>
>>3704293
>ZSNES arguments
>>
>>3704293
this is the same argument that kept ZSNES and nesticle popular for so long
>>
what are some good retro games to play in dosbox or pcemu?
>>
>>3704294
>>3704295

I've never used ZSNES but I don't see any reason to switch from dosbox if it works fine.

>>3704303
Floor 13 is pretty comfy.
>>
>>3704252
Neko Project II emulates PC98...
>>
>>3704221
tex murphy?
>>
File: charlotte darwin.jpg (34KB, 389x281px) Image search: [Google]
charlotte darwin.jpg
34KB, 389x281px
>>3704279
>my game didn't work on dosbox

Are you trying to run windows game on it or something? I've never had a dos game not work or emulate "inaccurately" on it, so I've never had to look for a different program
>>
>>3704486
No, I'm not retarded.

Have you ever heard a real SB16? The sound is all manners of fucked, no matter which game. Their emulation is hot garbage. A fork, DOSBox-X tried to fix this somewhat (and other inaccuracies), but it is more a proof of concept than anything, as it breaks a lot of other things.

Graphics glitches galore, you only have to try a game that isn't horribly mainstream.
>>
>>3704303
Lol I like how this dude has no time for the petty neckbeard bickering regarding dosbox vs whatever and just wants to discuss the games. Good catch m8.
>>
>>3704304
>Floor 13 is pretty comfy.

Lmao @ the first review I came across

>Computer Gaming World's Charles Ardai called Floor 13 "the
>most unpleasant espionage game ever made" ... Beyond
>disliking the KGB or Gestapo-like "loathsome secret police
>activity" the game depicted, he wrote of the gameplay that
>"Hannah Arendt could not have conceived of more banal
>evil. Floor 13 turns acts of unmitigated cruelty into bloodless,
>arm's length bureaucratic functions ... a type and quality of
>gameplay that was obsolete in 1978".
>>
>>3704508
>you only have to try a game that isn't horribly mainstream
>I can't name a single one, but trust me because of how angry I am
>>
File: Untitled.png (128KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
128KB, 640x480px
>>3704240
I recommend getting a nice retro wallpaper for your retro OS.
>>
>>3704379
>my gun... i love it so much

>No matter how bad things got, I always had my gun. Now I've lost that too. I have a feeling this is going to be one of those days.
>>
>>3704780

>>3704508
>Have you ever heard a real SB16?
Yeah and Creative is shit compared to muh Rolands. It think you're real retarded.Maybe you should goto >>>/crt/
>>
File: 16 smugs.jpg (92KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
16 smugs.jpg
92KB, 640x480px
>>3704780
Forgot pic. Why not make your own shitty "retro" dithered wallpaperus?
>>
File: roland_mt-32_03.jpg (89KB, 666x449px) Image search: [Google]
roland_mt-32_03.jpg
89KB, 666x449px
>>3704845
MT-32 herrenvolk reporting in

>>3704303
Microprose made various sorts of games which, with the notable exception of Civilization, you can't get on a console
>>
>>3704845
>muh rolands
Only the MT-32 and variants can actually output sound effects. And even then, it's just wavetable edited in real time, not real sound effects.

You still need a sound card to play PCM audio.

Truly, you must be real retarded.

>>3704779
How about you actually check the DOSBox compatibility list?
https://www.dosbox.com/comp_list.php?letter=broken
https://www.dosbox.com/comp_list.php?letter=playable
https://www.dosbox.com/comp_list.php?letter=runnable
>>
>Get a sweet XP laptop and hook it up to my CRT
>tfw find out it's too weak for DOSBOX and stutters in games
>>
>>3706045
What model is your laptop's sound card? If it supports SB16 emulation, you might be able to run those games natively.
>>
> https://www.dosbox.com/comp_list.php?letter=broken
I've played some of the games on that list with dosbox. Checking the comments area on each of the titles, seems like the list isn't accurate.
>>
File: 20160622_225352.jpg (50KB, 260x397px) Image search: [Google]
20160622_225352.jpg
50KB, 260x397px
>>3705646
>here, let me smugly submit a list of games that actually work just fine
>I've never played them for myself, but as long as I don't, I can't contradict myself when I say they're broken!
>oh yeah, none of these games actually fit the description of "not terribly mainstream"
>I'd still rather act smug instead of actually naming even ONE game that doesn't work
>the burden is on YOU to demonstrate that I'm wrong, because anything I say is inherently right until someone directly proves me wrong!
>again: I can't name
>ONE
>SINGLE
>GAME
>because if I don't provide a specific thing to be contradicted, I can still act like I'm right!
>HAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>3704303

Halloween Harry
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.