[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PSP Emulation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: psp_psp3000_large1_mx.jpg (50KB, 570x276px) Image search: [Google]
psp_psp3000_large1_mx.jpg
50KB, 570x276px
I recently got a hacked PSP and I've read here it's the best portable machine for emulating retro.

What are the essential emulators and games for them?
There's so many I'm at a loss.
>>
As long as you don't have any hopes of playing all SNES titles perfectly or 5th Generation consoles save the Playstation 1, you'll be fine.

Check /vg/emugen's wiki for details.
>>
>>3704257
To be specific, the PSP is not good at Mode7 effects.
>>
>>3704213
Runs nes, master system, genesis, ps1, gb/c and gba great for me. Snes is kinda weird so I can't reccomend it unless you play something turn based. It also runs shit like SCUMM games and DOS but I haven't tried them myself. For how convenient and easy it is to hack its good for what it does, in a few years I imagine the vita will be better but for now the psp still has some things the vita doesn't.
>>
Retroarch Emulates NES, PC-Engine and GB-GBC quite well, for some reason the audio on the first Megaman gets all fucked up after some playtime but it goes away after you enter the menu (wich is activated by pressing the mute button)

Picodrive emulates everything the Genesis almost perfectly, some games like Golden Axe 2/3 and Alien Soldier run at 50 FPS, a goddam shame if you ask me

I have yet to try Snes emulation, so far Wild Guns, Metal warriors and Magical Popn work perfectly, does anyone have experience running other titles?
>>
File: 1478414141606.png (8KB, 230x230px) Image search: [Google]
1478414141606.png
8KB, 230x230px
I can say gpSPmod and Picodrive are both awesome on my 2001 model running 5.50 Gen-D2.
Can't speak for others.
>>
>>3704430
yeah they are
>>
>>3704430
Also, I must express how many of my balls I'd have given for a PSP with Picodrive and all the games I have on tap in 1994/95.

Just imaging that shit for a second. Walking into school with a PSP loaded with a proper Genesis emulator and all those badass arcade titles. Hell, GOOD portable MK2 alone.
Holy shit.
>>
>>3704441
>Also, I must express how many of my balls I'd have given for a PSP with Picodrive and all the games I have on tap in 1994/95.

One, or two?
>>
>>3704213
retroarch, then gbSP for gba, emumaster for genesis stuff/gameboy, one snes9x clone for snes emulation (havent tried much on that front)

perfect arcade and neogeo emulation with mvspsp will give you all the mad pussy wherever you live in
>>
Is the PSP1000 still okay for emulation?
>>
>>3704640
Yeah, it's okay, but nothing more. It struggles the most with SNES emulation, its D-pad has a hard time registering diagonals and its screen has horrible ghosting/poor color reproduction.
>>
>>3704674
I'm gonna use it to tackle some of my JRPG backlog
>>
OP here. Already prepared my library.

I actually have trouble deciding between my PSP and 3DS for retro gaming.
Sure PSP can play PSO and Genesis but the 3DS can also play the other things quite nicely and the touchscreen is a plus.

On 3ds I have NES, GB, GBC, GBA, SNES, TG16 and DS
While on PSP I have NES, GB, GBC, GBA, SNES, Genesis, TG16 and PSO.

Both libraries are quite similar so in the end it's just a matter of what I want to hold for the next 3 hours.
But my real trouble tho is missing essential games. I've read and re-read Racketboy and Retro Sanctuary but still.
>>
Here you go OP (make sure to get the latest versions of each):

NesterJ (NES)
Masterboy (Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Game Gear, Master System)
Picodrive (Genesis, Sega CD)
Snes9xTYL (SNES)
PCE (PC-Engine/TG16)
Neo Geo (MVS4PSP)
Neo Geo Pocket (RACE)
Capcom Arcade (CPS1PSP and CPS2PSP)
GBA (gpSP Kai, and Temp4GBA for few games that don't work on gpSP)
SCUMM VM (old PC adventure games)

Also PS1 games obviously can be played on the PSP.
>>
>>3704820
As for the games:

http://vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki//v/'s_Recommended_Games_Wiki

This is good enough as a point of reference of games you can look into. You can obviously go out and search for hidden gems and stuff on the internet. Also most games that have fan translations are usually good (because they usually had to to be worth translating).
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.