[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I only recently got an N64. Is this game good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0717.png (553KB, 575x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0717.png
553KB, 575x400px
I only recently got an N64. Is this game good?
>>
It's a classic, but it's not without its faults. Still an enjoyable game, and if you like classic Star Wars you will most likely like it.
>>
>>3703692
What this anon said. I got it when it was new and played the hell out of it, especially the Hoth and asteroid field stages (although once I got Rogue Squadron, that satisfied my Battle of Hoth urges just fine).
>>
>>3703663
thats the launch game I got together with my n64, kinda of nice with the star wars wave going on at the time
>>
>>3703663
Controls are terrible in 3rd person shooting levels, but the game has a lot of memorable shit and wast he best star wars fantasy at the time.
>>
>>3703663
You see that guy in the middle of that cover image?

You never meet him. He's in one or two cutscenes.

There is no individual antagonist.
>>
>>3703663
The 3D platforming areas are fun, the third person shooting feels clunky but works, vehicle combat is phenomenal, and the level design and progression is pretty great.

It hasn't aged well, though.
>>
>>3703872
That's mad gay.
>>
>>3703872

Skyhook Battle is a great final mission though. Boss battles in this game suck anyway, although most of them are memorable, they're not fun to play.

And anyway, Xizor was just a faggot that operated from the shadows.
>>
>>3703663
I'm not a Star Wars guy, but I like it alright. It has platforming which can be a little annoying, but you can change between 1st and 3rd person, which makes it easier.

Also, surprisingly difficult on the harder settings. Thanks big robot, Colossus, maybe, near the end is a bitch.
>>
>>3703663
Its good, but not top-tier by any measure.
>>
>>3703663
It has some crazy difficulty spikes later on.
>>
>>3703692
I replayed Shadows of the Empire recently. This post basically covers it. It relies heavily on the general coolness of the Star Wars setting and atmosphere, but it's by no means a bad game. Amusingly, the part I thought was the absolute bee's knees back when it was released--flying a snowspeeder during the Battle of Hoth--is actually the weakest part because Star Wars 3D flight has been done much better since then (Rogue Squadron basically has an upgraded version of the same battle).

The rest of the game has cool stuff like the spooky dianogas in the sewer, and the jetpack allows for platforming and exploration without having to be too precise.
>>
>>3703663
1. Do you like Star Wars?
2. Do you like oldschool TPS?
3. Can you live with some clunkiness in the controls?

If you said yes to all 3, then yes, you will like it (It is a good game objectively).

If you answered 1. with yes and:
"Do you enjoy 3D Shoot'em Ups", too, then get Rogue Squadron as well.

If you also like racing games, also get Episode 1 Racer.

The N64 was/is a great console for Star Wars fans.
>>
Pretty much what everyone else said was spot on. I dug out my n64 today and popped this in. Brought back great starwars memories. I would play the battle of hoth over and over. The flight and shooting was a bit clunky. But brought the feels right back. Second level inside echo base the shooting controls were really bad but worse in third person. It actually stressed me out how much I was missing. However it had great levels and design and took you to all the best locals and a great variety of missions to change the game style. Worth it. Was a gem of a console launch game.
>>
File: Ig-88_gif.gif (301KB, 430x320px) Image search: [Google]
Ig-88_gif.gif
301KB, 430x320px
I thought i should come say this game is bad but this thread is very accurate about its quality.

>pic related: it's fucking cool because it's part of the star wars universe.
>>
What's the original control scheme for this game? The GOG version has modern FPS-like controls by default, but in a game with super slow mouse sensitivity and no way to adjust it I can't play this with standard modern FPS controls. I tried a game controller but found it quite unplayable with tank controls on the analogue stick. I just don't know what to do to.
>>
play the pc version. the controls on n64 are fuck awful
>>
>>3705021
I mean, if I could play it with old fashioned default FPS controls I'd try that, but there's no strafe modifier, only seprate strafe left and right keys, so I'm stumped as to what a playable controller config would be.
>>
>>3705024

The game was made for the N64. The controls on the 3rd person on-foot levels are bad because of how the game is designed, this is the same in both N64 and PC versions, 1st camera helps a bit though.
The flight missions work wonderfully with the N64 control stick.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.