[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Storage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: 1454283744336.jpg (7KB, 204x212px) Image search: [Google]
1454283744336.jpg
7KB, 204x212px
How do you keep your old games safe /vr/?
>>
As ROMs on my flashcarts.
>>
File: IMG_1720.jpg (172KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1720.jpg
172KB, 1024x768px
K'nex
>>
Old games don't need to be kept safe, those plastic housings were designed to survive nuclear winter unlike the modern decaying, scratching discs.
>>
>>3701682
Classy.
>>
Inside a box inside the wardrobe. The console itself (snes) I also wrapped in plastic.
>>
I use a short, double wide wardrobe as an entertainment center. My games are all in the drawers, neatly organized, right under where the TV goes.
>>
>>3701634
Replace the batteries in my CPS2 carts every 4 years.

Keep stuff in universal game cases on a shelf free from light.

Try to keep the climate and humidity controlled

Maintain contacts via alcohol, electronic contact cleaner, and the occasional brasso.

That's really it.
>>
>>3702083
>Maintaining games
>Using brasso

Pick one.
>>
>>3701634

well good news for is Im mostly into sega stuff so it's just a matter of finding a nice spot to store the study plastic cases
>>
>>3701634
>keep them safe
i have a gun
>>
>>3701634
BOXES & BOXES of useless shit
>>
>>3701682
Actually pretty creative
>>
>>3702090
What's wrong with Brasso? Pretty much every guide online recommends it.
>>
>>3702083
I should probably sell of my Dimahoo before it suicides...
>>
>>3701682
that's adorable
>>
>>3702341
>3702341
>>3702090
Brasso is only if its really bad and still doesnt work after alcohol, then contact cleaner.

You fags need to learn. Even the sandpaper trick works as a last resort.
>>
I expected people to post their collection, should I be wary of plastic containers. like I do with my cards?
>>
File: 20160525_160324_resized_1.jpg (832KB, 1161x2064px) Image search: [Google]
20160525_160324_resized_1.jpg
832KB, 1161x2064px
>>3702602
>Even the sandpaper trick works as a last resort.
I found using the fine side of an emery board can really help take off hard corrosion or rust on pins without damaging the metal too much.

>>3702865
I use these CD boxes by snap n store for my NES games. They fit perfectly. I've got some other random media bins that I use for SNES and N64 games.
>>
>>3703139
Those boxes look good, will try to search for something similar, thank you
>>
>>3701634
My NAS is RAID5 so if a drive goes kaput i can just swap it.
>>
File: tsubasa shock.gif (819KB, 427x240px) Image search: [Google]
tsubasa shock.gif
819KB, 427x240px
>>3701634

Is that a symphogear
>>
>>3702602
>Brasso is only if its really bad and still doesnt work after alcohol, then contact cleaner.
That still doesn't answer the question. Why is Brasso bad?
>>
>>3703139

I use similar snap together black boxes. I got a bunch on sale that fit regular dvd/modern game cases. they work great for old game boxes and stacking/storing any small stuff. I have like 40 of them all on metal shelves in a storage room.

>>3701682

I have 8 of these black nintendo game storage units, but the larger double wide ones. they hold n64 and snes games. they kind of suck though because the wood is particle board, the plastic tray's drawer stop break easily when fully loaded, they are heavier than the snap bins and open on a 'side' instead of on 'top' so not as easy to just move around and organize.

i might sell them all on ebay and just put my n64/snes games in the black snap boxes. they are cheap, easily labeled, fold for storage/keeping extras around, and look organized.
>>
I keep all my games filed away in tupperware
>>
>>3703376
Its an abrasive. Which means it will eventually wear down the contacts.
>>
>>3703367
No, lurk more
>>
>>3701634
>How do you keep your old games safe /vr/?
I uploaded them into The Cloud™ :-)
>>
>>3703387
You piqued my interest. Got some pics of these snap boxes?
>>
>>3702083
>free from light
You mean out of direct sunlight? Or do i need to cover up my window in my room and keep it dark?
Any tips for someone who owns primarily older and newer cd based games?
>>
>>3701686
Except that Blu-ray (not vr) is way more durable than a CD (maybe vr) or floppy (vr).
>>
>>3703168
>>3703990
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001B0APOO/ref=twister_B01JOBE1EQ?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

This is exactly what I have, anon. Just change the style to "CD Storage, double wide". or you could get the single CD boxes, those work, too.
>>
>>3703553
Makes sense. Is that if you keep using it, or if you use it once?
>>
i store my carts inside ziploc bag and take off as much air possible, i feel im doing something stupid but no one has ever told me so, i also put some silica bags where i store everything (a big black box inside a dry room)
>>
>>3704375

Are your teeth gone after using abrasive toothpaste once?

Of course not, it's metal, it isn't gone after carefully just going over it with once. But repeated use woth too much pressure can damage them faster than you might think. So be careful. But it won't be "There they are, I'll just apply some of it *rubs up and down four times* SHIT THEY'RE GONE!!"
>>
>>3705202
You're not doing something stupid, but you're certainly doing something autistic.
>>
>>3705517
hmm yeah why not? it seems like too much but i dont use them much and if they go bad because of environmental damage would be quite ass, also, retro gaming here is espensive af thanks to everyone acting like a fucking jew with second hand objects, especially veedeeogaeemz
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.