[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /vr/ think of this game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

What does /vr/ think of this game?
>>
>>3700926
I think you have your answer.
>>
I love it.
>>
>>3700723
Often seen as a worthy but not as good sequel of the NES one. While quite it lives in the shadow of its more widely known prequel and doesn't get the mention it deserves.
>>
>>3700985
x2
>>
>>3700723
Graphics are pretty great, gameplay is similar but better imo

Maybe the reason why this one was so underrated is because the Street Fighter 2 boom has already occurred at this point, the style established by SF2 was more popular at the time.
>>
>>3700723
I think they did not make enough copies of this, I personally never found a cart out in the wild.
>>
>>3700723
I actually think this holds up better than the NES punch out because you didn't have to rely on strategic punches and getting stars but just have build up your stamina and git gud by not getting hit and being able to put your opponent away faster. I also feel the voice samples and visuals are less interrupting to the battles than the NES version but that's just personal preference, I'm sure a lot of people don't agree with that statement.

To be fair, the NES version has some legendary opponents (the only guys who returned are the ones that are pictured on OPs box art) while the SNES ones are more love it or hate it.

>>3701383
>>3701408

I think it has a lot to do with the fact that it got released in the same year Super Metroid and Donkey Kong Country did and SNES games used to be kinda expensive back in the 90s so that might also be the reason. Ah well, at least it's easy to play SPO on a flashcart nowadays so there isn't much of a reason to go for an original cart except for nostalgia or collecting anyway.
>>
The Punch-Out!! series was so much less popular in Japan than in the states that this game came out 4 years after the US release in Japan... that's 2 years after the release of the N64.
>>
>>3700723
Comfy game in my opinion. Doesn't get difficult until the last 3 battles
>>
File: 24661.png (122KB, 1010x1790px) Image search: [Google]
24661.png
122KB, 1010x1790px
Reminder that this one has a guy who outright kicks you on a boxing match.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.