[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trying to find a PS1 game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Question Block.jpg (43KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
Question Block.jpg
43KB, 900x900px
Gentlemen and Scholars, I have a challenge for you that I hope will not dissappoint. I'm trying to remember the name of a game I saw on the original Playstation. Here's what I remember:

It was a Fighting Game (can't remember if it was 2D or 3D)
One of the characters produced spikes out of his body to impale and slash his opponent.
One of this attacks was to grab and impale over his spiked shoulders, and another was to spin in the air like a saw.

I seem to recall it being pretty bloody, but I can't be certain. I'd appreciate anything you remember about it.
>>
>>3700650
Additional info:
It's not BioFREAKS or Evil Zone.
>>
Cardinal Syn?
>>
>>3700661
Possibly? What character does this sound like?
>>
>>3700669
Sounds like either Vanguard or Mongord.
>>
>>3700669
Tbh, there are a lot of Mortal Kombat ripoff titles out there. Are you sure it was a PS1 game?
>>
>>3700675
At this point, not really. It's possible it was PS2 or something.
>>
I guess the other thing I remember is that it had at least some form of air combos. Cardinal Syn doesn't appear to have any.
>>
>>3700650
It's always Thrill Kill.
>>
Garuda, from Street Fighter EX. There's blood in the japanese version.
>>
>>3703045
That would be amusing if it ends up being Street Fighter EX
>>
>>3703045
Just when I had almost given up hope, Anon delivers. That's exactly it.
Garuda.
>>
I think it's Thrill Kill, cause i know of some videos that some a few fatalities.

FUN FACT: The game was so violent that the near-finished game was cancelled. The reason why is that Virgin Interactive, the creators of the game, were bought out by EA. The near-finished game can be downloadable on a few retro game sites
>>
Now that one mystery has been solved, I wonder if you'd like to try to solve one with even less to go on. Around the same time as Street Fighter EX, I heard a story about another fighting game.

The story goes that the player performs a special attack and the character draws a sword (or similar weapon) charges it up, looking like it's gonna do a ton of damage. The attack does indeed inflict a lot of damage, but only because the character stabs him/herself with it instead of the opponent, draining the HP bar to zero and leaving both players very confused as to what happened.

It sounds a lot like Mortal Kombat's Hara Kiri, but, if memory serves, it was before that game came out.

I'd be astounded if somebody knows what this is from.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls4DgFwWoTM
>>
>>3703134
You got ANYthing else for us?
>>
>>3700650
Darkstalkers?
>>
>>3703134
Sounds like yoshimitsu from tekken. I think he has a move like that.
>>
>>3703327
I was thinking of that as well
>>
File: 844.jpg (37KB, 600x751px) Image search: [Google]
844.jpg
37KB, 600x751px
>>3703327
>>3703363
Consider me astounded. There's no stopping you glorious madmen. It must be Tekken.

If you can solve one more mystery, You'll have single handedly reconstructed my entire childhood. Don't worry, I have a bit more to go on this time.

The game was on PC, easily pre-2000s. Similar to Dungeon keeper, you played as the overlord of a monster army conquering the lands. Instead of a traditional menu, you had a war council of 4 or 5 advisers. One of them managed your army, another was how you saved and exited the game, and another may have been how to accessed the potion making system (which I recall nothing about besides it existing). As I recall, the general flow of the game was to pick a location and throw a pile of monsters at it. You could assist in the attack by going down in a chariot and throwing magic around, but it was risky and you could get killed if you just tried to solo a town. You could also just wait around and if your army was big enough, they'd eventually conquer the place on their own. You'd then have to talk to one of your generals to recall the survivors of your army before you could use them again.

Ring any bells?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.