[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this considered one of the better Kirby games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (185KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
185KB, 1440x1080px
Is this considered one of the better Kirby games?
>>
>>3700405
Super Star > Adventure > DL2 > 64 > DL3 > DL1
>>
>>3700405
Yes. But /ss/ fags shit on it because they have adhd autism.

see >>3700408
>>
>>3700408
You forgot AM
>>
There's no such thing as a bad Kirby game. It's just a variation of greatness between each title.
>>
>>3700413
not retro moran
>>
>>3700417
I forgot where I was for a second...
>>
>>3700405
Not really.

>slowest walking and running speed in the series.
>powers are mostly one-move movesets thanks to the (albeit pretty imaginative) power combination system.
>short game and not that many environments
>some crystal shards are hidden in awful places and with cryptic hints
>kirby can't fly indefinitely for no reason at all
>level design leaves a lot to be desired.

It just doesn't feel like a solid HAL title. That being said, it's still fun, but nowhere near as good as almost every other entry in the series.
>>
It's my favorite but I've only dabbled a bit in any of the earlier games. From what I've played I'm very inclined to say >>3700414 is correct.
>>
>>3700445
This. I replay games all the time and this is one of the few games I never replayed once after completing it.
>>
>>3700445
While nothing you say is false, there is no denying the pure comfy factor of K64. I agree with level design but I do love the environment and vibe of all the world's, and the soundtrack is pure whimsy.
>>
>>3700408
DL2>DL3

This is a fucking AWFUL list and you know it.
>>
>>3700445
>>boo hoo I can't run through the level skipping everything
>>boo hoo the game tried a new more creative power system
>>SS minigame sized levels
>>booo hooo I hate finding secrets in games
>>boo hoo this game is too hard Kirby can't fly forever and be invincible
>>SS most boring levels in the series.
>>
>>3700471
I'm not a big fan of Superstar, mind you. And I know you're baiting, but whatever.

>>boo hoo I can't run through the level skipping everything
That's not what anyone does and you know it. 64 is way too slow. Kirby isn't a slow character and his mobility has always been pretty fast. 64 extends its short levels by making Kirby move slow. He's super clunky and we both know he shouldn't be that slow.

>>boo hoo the game tried a new more creative power system
Yes, but it sacrificed gameplay for that. After the second world, you've already tried every combination and the gimmick dies. Now you're left with attacks that only have one move each. That doesn't sound like a lot of fun to me, anon.

>>SS minigame sized levels
Again, I'm not a big fan of superfan or of its short levels.

>>booo hooo I hate finding secrets in games
I don't, but I hate cryptic secrets.

>>boo hoo this game is too hard Kirby can't fly forever and be invincible
It's not that it's hard because of it, but it's Kirby's signature move. Kirby that can't float forever is just... awkward. And it's always been about skipping difficulty for newer players, the audience of the series.

>>SS most boring levels in the series.
?
>>
File: blush.gif (1023KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
blush.gif
1023KB, 500x330px
>>3700405
Probably my favorite with adventure. It has a atmosphere and sense of adventure I don't feel the other games capture. I know many criticize it as being slow and not like super star but Shimoura's games were always like that, never bothered me. Beautiful art, great music, and the fun power combining makes me feel it is worth a playthrough. One of my favorite games to just beat in a day or two.
>>
The gimmick is awesome but it's simply too sluggish. The faux 3D look makes the platforming floaty (no pun intended) and imprecise.

Not a criticism of the specific game but any faux-3D platformer. Even the great (NOT RETRO!) Ducktales remake suffers from this.
>>
>>3700465
DL3 was just too slow-paced (like 64), and some of the hearts were too cryptic.
>>
>>3700408
No, insanely slow and boring combat.

With how many kirby games are out now, This is definitely, at very best, in the middle of the kirby spectrum of quality
>>
>>3700665
DL3 is not slow you fucking retard
>>
>>3700405
It's alright, but prepare for slow-paced gameplay. It's a beautiful game, the overall feel is much like in DL3 except now you combine 2 powers to get one.

It goes apart from other Kirbys like Adventure and Superstar which have faster, action-paced gameplay, at times feeling close to Smash Bros.

>>3700414
Squeak Squad for DS is pretty mediocre, to say the least.
>>
>>3700679
It's the second slowest Kirby after 64, dingas.
>>
File: Fat_Wario.jpg (8KB, 203x183px) Image search: [Google]
Fat_Wario.jpg
8KB, 203x183px
>>3700679
> That run speed
>>
>>3700827
mediocre != bad.
>>
>>3700876
He said
>There's no such thing as a bad Kirby game. It's just a variation of greatness between each title.
mediocre != variation of greatness.
>>
>>3700827
>Squeak Squad for DS is pretty mediocre, to say the least.
Like everything else on the shitty DS.
>>
>>3700980
Edgy

Canvas Curse was great btw
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.