[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Koei Strategy games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: Nobunagas_ambition_gen[1].jpg (80KB, 454x650px) Image search: [Google]
Nobunagas_ambition_gen[1].jpg
80KB, 454x650px
I've played the shit out of Nobunaga's Ambition Spere of Influence, and when I looked for previous games, I've discovered that Koei released a fuckton of similar games, mainly about Chinese and Japanese history. And a lot of them are untranslated. What should I play next? I'm confused, there is so much to choose from.
>>
File: 34.jpg (55KB, 640x476px) Image search: [Google]
34.jpg
55KB, 640x476px
>>3700261
>>
>>3700267
It looks good, thanks! Controls are a bit clunky, but it's alright, as long as the game is fun. It's not Koei, though.
>>
File: Daisenryaku.jpg (145KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Daisenryaku.jpg
145KB, 1200x900px
>>3700287
Every tried the Daisenryuaku series?
>>
File: The Third World War MEGA CD.jpg (143KB, 600x782px) Image search: [Google]
The Third World War MEGA CD.jpg
143KB, 600x782px
Also just for shits and giggles I have to post this
>>
>>3700298
No. I'm completely new to Japanese grand strategies, and Daisenryuaku seems like andother huge franchise, with even less games translated to English.
>>
File: 1226161915-00.jpg (258KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1226161915-00.jpg
258KB, 1600x1200px
my KOEI games

>NES
Nobunaga's Ambition
Romance of the Three Kingdoms (the very first one)
Genghis Khan

>Genesis
Operation Europe
Pacific Theater of Operations

You should be able to find the American versions of quite a bit of their games, pending system/version of game.

Nobunaga's Ambition for the NES is a little tough. You could quite literally lose the game before your first turn, the game doesn't care.

RotTK is good, but because of how its played it can take FOREVER to do anything, particularly in later stages of the game.

Genghis Khan is my favorite, I love everything about it.
>>
>>3700261
Liberty or Death is a personal favorite.

The Pacific Theater of Operations series is spectacular, though complex as fuck even by KOEI standards.

Gemfire is cool as is Genghis Khan II and the Romance of the Three Kingdoms series and maybe Nobunaga's Ambition.

And while they're a bit different, I'd also highly recommend Uncharted Waters New Horizons and both Aerobiz games.
>>
>>3700360
Oh, and L'Empereur is also recommended.
>>
File: Portraits.png (518KB, 1692x5144px) Image search: [Google]
Portraits.png
518KB, 1692x5144px
>>3700351
I loved it enough I bothered to do this:

As you play through the game, there is a high probability that many of the other AI Lords will be conquered/killed by other AI, and thus you will never encounter their original Country nor ever see their portrait in the game. New countries tend to have various generic names like "so and so Kingdom" and stock images for their new lords.

I went through and got the pixel art of each of the original Lords and their countries, as well as their starting stats.
>>
>>3700261
Funnily enough, Pokemon Conquest is actually a Nobunaga spinoff. The name just never made it into the translated title for whatever reason.

It's a bit easy though.
>>
>>3700360
>Liberty or Death
seems an odd subject for a japanese game, I'd like to try it some time
>>
>>3700298
It's not grand strategy, it's just TBS.
>>
>>3700298
The genesis had a modem????
>>
>>3700261
Dynasty Warriors have americunt versions. Not retro.

BTW Cao Cao dindu nuffin. Everyone else was dirty terrorists and warlords.
>>
>>3700373
>Moohamed
>Those stats
Bullshit. Moohamed literally got rekt by jews and was butthurt all the time.
>>
>>3700873
Eh duno what to tell ya.

When I did all that, I selected the highest difficulty. Their initial stats may be randomized, I don't remember, but that is what it was when I checked.

Genghis Khan himself being all 480 is the base stats the game gave him if he was an AI. In the World Conquest mode you can choose England, Japan, Mongols, or Byzantin

His stats in the Mongol Campaign are pathetically low because that was just the roll I managed to get at the start. You can only be him in that mode.
>>
>>3700893
>His stats in the Mongol Campaign are pathetically low because that was just the roll I managed to get at the start. You can only be him in that mode.

Isn't Temujin("Steel Wood Needle") the Khan's real name? His stats are low in his younger form.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genghis_Kha
>>
>>3701001
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genghis_Khan#cite_note-2
>traditional Chinese: 鐵木真; simplified Chinese: 铁木真; pinyin: Tiěmùzhēn; Wade–Giles: T'ieh3-mu4-chen1
>Literally "Steel Wood Truth"
>>
Aerobiz Supersonic is quite fun
>>
Out of all Koei grand strategy games - which one is the easiest to get into?
>>
>>3701127
Gemfire, there is literally no doubt in my mind there. It's the simplest one of all of them.
>>
>>3700261
Uncharted Waters: New Horizons
Inindo
Aerobiz Supersonic
Uncharted Waters 3: Coasta del Sol
Le' Empeur PC (has a hidden Scenario where Napoleon escapes Elba after the events of Waterloo).
>>
>>3701127
Gem Fire
Liberty or Death

Stuff like P.T.O 2 is for advanced players only. It's the most comprehensive Pacific war grand strategy game ever produced this side of PTO 3.
>>
>>3701382
It's COSTA you mong.
>>
>>3701382
>>3701390
Wish Costanza del Sol pic guy was still around.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.