[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how rare or common is the gold version of Ocarina of Time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

So how rare or common is the gold version of Ocarina of Time?
>>
>>3698464
Its pretty common.
>>
>>3698464
It's fairly common.

That doesn't keep retards from buying and selling it at ridiculous prices though.
>>
>>3698468
A sealed box i guess i could see people spending a lot for collectors edition. But $50 for N64 games that everyone had in their house is just crazy...
>>
>>3698473
pleb tax
>>
>>3698473
It isn't THAT much, consider that they retailed for more.
>>
>>3698464
>he believes the "gold cartdriges are super rare dude pay me 500 bucks for it!!!" reseller fairytale

poor soul
>>
Show any 10 year-old boy who plays modern Nintendo a copy of NES Zelda and they'll think they're looking a priceless treasure because of that gold cartridge.
>>
>>3699042
Nah, I just bought it for a relatively cheap price, so I figured it wasn't ultra rare or anything. I was just wondering since most people I know had the gray version.

I'm just happy to get a cartridge with the original Fire Temple music.
>>
>>3699040
Up to 20 years ago

I can understand collector's value, but we're talking about unboxed cartridges with normal wear and tear. There's simply no rational justification why they would retail as much as a new game.
>>
>>3699061
I guess, but if we're talking value, there's little reason to not just invest in a flashcart, it can store pretty much everything.
>>
>>3699064
Not him but, you can download a ROM, yeah, but I still prefer having the Cart itself. I guess that's useful if I wanna play ROM-hacks, but I'm not too interested in that.
To each their own, though.
>>
>>3698464

Pretty rare.

Not as rare as a gold Link to the Past cart.
>>
>>3699092
Depends, a flashcart is like a one time investment, a pricey one, sure, but if you weigh it against all the games you want, and how much they would individually cost you, you can make really good savings.

They play exactly the same as if on the original carts, so it'll still be genuine, it's way better than trifling with trying to emulate N64 games, something which still barely works at all, basically requiring individual hacks for each games to make a lot of them run even close to proper.
>>
Pretty sure gray OOT carts are actually less common. Gray LoZ carts definitely are.
>>
>>3699110
>but if you weigh it against all the games you want, and how much they would individually cost you, you can make really good savings.

Arent flash carts just over $100? How could the list of N64 games you want to play be cheaper than that?
>>
>>3699148
Consider if people are asking for like $40 to $60 for something which isn't all that rare, and you want about maybe 7 or 8 games, that adds up fast, especially if prices starts to go up, or if one of the games you really want to play is something rare and valuable, it can easily cost way more than the flashcart itself.
>>
>>3699150
Oh I thought you were implying the opposite because you started with "depends".
>>
Is the original first print of the game (the one with the red blood and fire temple music) more expensive or rare for whatever reason? i bought my copy months ago but started playing it last week and noticed it is the very first version of the game.
>>
Gray with red blood is most rare.
>>
File: 2bc9d0c5d8234459aa6fff0e4c6bc057.jpg (113KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
2bc9d0c5d8234459aa6fff0e4c6bc057.jpg
113KB, 640x1136px
Fun game
>>
>>3699054
same goes for any of the children owning it back in 87.
>>
>>3699112
that's cause they were released in limited quantities. OoT was simply different versions that had the same amount of stock for each color.
>>
>grow up keeping older brothers games who just moved out at the time.
>kept super nintendo but no N64 but had Gold OoT anyways.
>Thought it was for super nintendo
>nope
>It wasn't but thought it was something uber special cause of the gold.
>Soon had the GCN version but my 5 year old head believed the cart was something else that I needed to unlock.
>Lose it while moving out to another town with parents along with my blue eyes ultimate dragon.

Never seen again. I wanna get one again for nostalgia purposes+owning an N64 now. No job yet but I don't want to waste my money solely on that yet in my head I know it will be worse cause of prices rising.
>>
>>3698464
not rare at all

every fucking australian copy of the game was made gold
>>
File: 90.jpg (9KB, 170x168px) Image search: [Google]
90.jpg
9KB, 170x168px
>>3699245

>australian
>>
File: Hausu[1].jpg (42KB, 595x325px) Image search: [Google]
Hausu[1].jpg
42KB, 595x325px
>his Zelda games and hardware aren't all gold
>>
>his cartridge has green blood and no crescent moons
>>
>>3699275
Are there gold discs of the disc games?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3ObQg758cY
>>
>>3699150

This. I bought an N64 flash cart for the equivalent of $10 USD in hong kong. Works great, tons of games
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.