[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is my favorite video game.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: DonkeyKong64CoverArt.jpg (30KB, 382x260px) Image search: [Google]
DonkeyKong64CoverArt.jpg
30KB, 382x260px
>>
>>
>>3698320
FUCK YOU FOR LIKING GAMES I DON'T LIKE
>>
File: folder.png (385KB, 400x396px) Image search: [Google]
folder.png
385KB, 400x396px
>>
>>3698320
I think it's too hard to pick one end-all-be-all favorite video game.

I could definitely make a list of "games i would nominate for my favorite" games
>>
>>3698371
Then you haven't thought about it hard enough.
>>
>>3698371
It's Panzer Dragoon Zwei case closed.
>>
>>3698378
Nice choice

>>3698320
Not bad choice either, DK64 gets too much hate for basically having a lot of content. The game is huge and has 5 playable characters.
the hate it gets it's more of a modern thing though, it was well received back then.
>>
>>3698381
Sonic Adventure 2 was well-received too but that's shit

I'm not saying DK64 is shit, I'm just saying "It was loved back then" doesnt mean it can't be shit now.

Kirby 64 too, loved that game back then but now i would never replay that slow-as-fuck game.
>>
>>3698385

That's fine, saying a game is "shit" is an opinion, a bit harsh, but an opinion at last.
>>
>>3698405
I replayed SA2 and Kirby64 this year, they were both insanely intolerable

I'm sure DK64 is fine, i'll try replaying it sometime before yooka laylee comes out
>>
>>3698407

I played SA2 for the first time in my life a couple years ago.
It was alright, had some really annoying stuff though so I can see how people might say it's shit, but on the other hand I thought it did some things well. I completed it and I went back to replay some levels to get A ranks so I guess I liked it.
Kirby 64 I never played, but I've heard good things about it, only complaint I've read from people is that you can't absorv powers from enemies like in other Kirby games.
visually it looks pretty nice, if I ever come across a reasonably priced copy I'll get it.
>>
>>3698381

DK64 gets a lot of hate not for the content, but how padded the content is.
>>
>>3698417
You can though, in fact in Kirby 64 you can actually combine up to 2 different enemy powers at the same time.
>>
i have something of a christmas tradition where I replay some of my favorite vidya christmas gifts

played a bunch of dk64, mario 64, diddy kong racing, and turok 2 yesterday
>>
I don't get the hate for DK64. It was an amazing game and I loved exploring it's world.

Except that one sheep herding minigame in the scary castle level. Fuck that.
>>
You have great taste OP, it's up there among my favourite as well. DK64 was well-received back then, and apart from a couple of haters who never got it is well-received today.
>>
>>3698527
At face value it seems really cool but for me it had zero replayability, it's one of the very very few games I haven't touched since I was a kid.
>>
>>3698320

That's fine.
You get a cookie.
>>
>>3698581
I liked it as a kid and my only beef is the boss fights are a lot harder than the rest of the gameplay and it was common to get stuck for days, weeks, or forever in the case of the last boss.

I tried replaying it as an adult and I realized how much I hate the fact that collectibles are character specific and its tedious as fuck.
>>
>>3698320
>he is
>one HELL of a guy!
>>
>>3698381
>>3698428
The game honestly wouldn't be so bad if it didn't run at ~20 FPS from start to finish.

It's slow as hell, and going from one place to another takes ages.
>>
>>3699174

It only gets a bit choppy in big open-ended areas, otherwise it runs acceptable IMO.
>>
Seriously, this game takes almost 6 hours to make 101% speedrunning and using glitches. Rare really thought that making the game super long would make worth your money, but really the amount of shit to collect just makes it tedious.
>>
>>3699180
What pisses me off is that you need specific characters to pick each item. If a character can reach an item then that character should be able to collect the item, those colored bananas are fucking retarded.
>>
>>3699189

DK64 is pretty much the same concept as Ghost n Goblins. Why bother making a shit load of levels for each Kong? just play the same ones over and over.
>>
>>3699190

Yeah but each Kong having separate abilities means a lot of times they have exclusive sections within levels, it's not like you have to play the exact same thing 5 times. You go back to levels, but you do different stuff and explore different places.
Still, the real flaw in this is that you can't change characters automatically (like in Mystical Ninja, for example), you need to go and find a barrel, and that makes it tedious, but I think it's not really that bad, I still enjoyed the game.
>>
>>3698320

What game is this?
>>
>>3698381
The color coded collectibles is pretty stupid when they're just lying in a path that any kong can walk across.
>>
>>3699175
The framerate isn't the only slow thing about it.

Areas are too spaced out with a whole lot of nothing in between them.
>>
I wish I had a favorite video game or was capable of fully enjoying things
>>
>>3699175
you have to understand anything less than 144fps is too choppy for the neo-mustards who have leaked here from /v/
>>
>>3699180
>>3699189
>>3699190
You people are plebs. Collecting is what makes it good.
>>
>>3699241
10fps might be good enough for /v/ kiddies who were raised on 5th gen crap but I usually like my action games to run a little smoother

You'll understand when you're older
>>
>>3699295
>the pc always had good framerate meme
did you play anything 3D before 1997?
>>
>>3699302
yes and it was all silky smooth 7 trillion frames per second, literally better than looking out of your window and seeing real life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfDxiVpgjiM
>>
>>3699263

Crash has loads of things to collect and is fun to play. So is Spyro, the original DKC trilogy, Yoshi Island and so on. DK64 is not fun at all to collect. Is just tedious.
>>
>>3699295
>5th gen crap
>I usually like my action games to run a little smoother
>You'll understand when you're older

your underage is showing
>>
>>3698381
>DK64 gets too much hate for basically having a lot of content.

I more dislike that everything that was collectable, was character locked. Meaning, you had to backtrack to certain areas multiple times just because you had to go out of your way to find a character switch barrel, which weren't always conveniently placed nearby.

Level design also felt a lot more segmented compared to Banjo Kazooie. Nearly every world had a tunnel system to separate areas, which kinda ruined the flow for me.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.