[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WELCOME TO THE D&D WORLD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: Shadow_Over_Mystara.jpg (308KB, 850x1102px) Image search: [Google]
Shadow_Over_Mystara.jpg
308KB, 850x1102px
Find a flaw
>>
>>3697926
Well that was interesting

https://web.archive.org/web/19961220222404/http://capcom.ms.wwa.com/

https://web.archive.org/web/19961220222404/http://capcom.ms.wwa.com/

>We regret that the pinball site is no longer active. The following excerpts are from two press releases issued December 9 and January 13:

>Sunnyvale, CA. December 9, 1996: Capcom Coin-Op, Inc. will restructure its coin operated amusement division in Arlington Heights effective today. As part of this restructuring Capcom will return its video operation to Sunnyvale, California over the next several months. This will permit the Coin-Op video division to better integrate with the strengthened video development group in California.
>Redwood City, Calif., January 13, 1997: Sega Enterprises, Inc. (U.S.A.) Redwood City, Calif., and Capcom U.S.A. Inc., Sunnyvale, Calif., have terminated discussions between them to merge the pinball businesses of their respective Chicago based companies, Sega Pinball, Inc. ("SPI") and Capcom Coin-op, Inc. ("CCI"). After discussing with SPI, CCI has decided instead to restructure its business, strengthening its video operations and returning such operations to Sunnyvale, California, over the next few months. As part of its plan to restructure and strengthen video operators, CCI has discontinued the design and manufacture of pinball machines. CCI confirms that it will continue to sell its existing pinball products, maintaining technical staff and parts supply.
>>
>>3697926
Sorcerer players pause the game too much and shit up the screen.
Sorcerer is broken anyhow.
>>
File: 41.gif (567KB, 500x277px) Image search: [Google]
41.gif
567KB, 500x277px
>>3697958
2P Fighter is where it's at.
>>
No halfling.
>>
File: 97336.jpg.png (34KB, 768x448px) Image search: [Google]
97336.jpg.png
34KB, 768x448px
Why couldn't you purchase the females?
>>
All the buggy unbalanced items sure are flaws, but I still like the game even when Tower of Doom is more polished.
>>
limited C&C and dialog options, can't import characters from Tower of Doom, lack of obvious tiles makes mapping on graph paper tiresome
>>
Pray to god you only have one spellcaster on the team or the game will take 2-3x as long
>>
All ports except the PS3 NTSC-J exclusive retail release being shit is a flaw though
>>
I used to like SOM and hate TOD.

But then I got good at KOTR, which I originally hated due to its heavy emphasis on blocking. But play it without any bias, and this game is amazing.

Once I learned to like KOTR's game mechanics, I learned to appreciate TOD. Originally, I didn't like TOD that much because, let's face it, the game has a much higher learning curve than other beat'em ups.

SOM is more fun because it's so wonderfully arcadey, and has so much broken shit that let's you instant death bosses. The problem is that the game is just too darn easy.

TOD is objectively the better game when it comes to overall design, quality and polish. TOD is like a well-crafted novel. I would put it in my top 3 beat'em ups of all time. TOD is literally the most patrician beat'em up ever created. It's not for everyone though.

SOM is like a snazzy comic book with instant gratification. I would put it in my top 3 funnest arcade games of all time, but not in my top 10 best beat'em ups of all time.
>>
>>3698750

Powered Gear is the best beat em up really.
>>
>>3698756
No. That honor would go to Streets of Rage 3 (Australian version).
>>
>>3698750
I also think ToD is a more polished game,but in terms of variety I think SoM offers more.
>>
>>3698763

SoR3 does not have giant mechs lovely CPSII visuals and sound one hell of a tweest at the end.

Also if we are going to meme it up.

Childhood is admiring CAPCOMs Final Fight
Adulthood is realizing TOAPLANs Knuckle Bash made so much more sense
>>
>>3697982
>No halfling.

He said flaw not PLUS.

Halflings are the fucking worst. Especially kenders. Just ugh, burn em all.
>>
>>3699472
There's no Kenders in Mystara.
>>
>>3699478

I didn't say there where. Just that as far as halflings go they're somehow even worse than regular ones.

>Drrr Im a hobbit let's have 15 meals before second lunch and then get rip roaring high
>>
>>3699492
>not WFRP halflings that have a sociopath caste of hardened stalwart fighters constantly defending their homeland against the undead who will rip your skull out with a single slingshot
>>
>>3698372
Saturn one is shit too?
>>
>>3698372
>>3701308
If anyone is bored enough, some details on why most of the ports are shit might be interesting. Nothing else happening in this thread anyway.
>>
>>3701318
Saturn is arcade perfect as far as I know besides no 4 player support.
You don't need ports when you can just play it on mame anyway. Takes 15 minutes to set shit up, no bios files required.
>>
>>3697926
Well, its not a flaw in the game per say, but rather a lack.
See, the Japanese never really got thier hands on the full D&D experience. They had a fairly garbled reworking of AD&D 1st edition released locally and it mutated into a bizarre hodge-podge of variant rulesets.
That's what the Mystara games are based on despite being released in the high-days of 2nd edition. I often wonder what we might have gotten if they had general access to the D&D game as we knew it, or even the earlier editions.
>>
>>3701321

The PS3 NTSC-J retail version is the best one though adds a bunch of features and convenient online play

http://www.capcom.co.jp/DandD/new_system/play_mode.html
http://www.capcom.co.jp/DandD/new_system/option.html

Unlike that hack tier job done by Iron Galaxies this one was ported by in house CAPCOM devs.
>>
>>3701323
Mystara isn't AD&D.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.