[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>this level What the fuck were they thinking?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: xmultiply-11.png (54KB, 384x256px) Image search: [Google]
xmultiply-11.png
54KB, 384x256px
>this level

What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
>>3697650
Ah, X-Multiply

this is on my to play list, thanks for the reminder boyo
>>
>>3697656

You will remember me when you reach stage 7
>>
>>3697650
This entire game is so fucking depressing, something about the music is really off putting.
>>
>>3697676

What's depressing is that they decided to put bombs that are impossible to destroy in this fucking level.

Fucking shit. And they call touhou "danmaku"? My ass, this is real bullet hell.
>>
>>3697676
Not to mention the entire concept. Unlike R-Type or Salamander were you're flying through living planets or the innards of a monster. X-Multiply is set inside a human woman who is infected with some horrifying alien disease.
>>
>>3697650
>What the fuck were they thinking?
"How do we force players to spend as many credits on the game as possible"?
>>
>>3697737

Probably, but seriously though

>invincible enemies that block your path
>rng out the ass
>all while having to get through narrow paths that seem like fucking ecco the dolphin's octopus part

Not cool, irem. Not cool.
>>
The last level is basically impossible if you don't get there with upgrades.
A kind of a dick move on the devs' part, yeah.
>>
>>3700941
Back in my day that we called that a challenge.
>>
>>3697737
>>3699156
>>3700941
It's game dev magic guys. They're trying to condition you into learning every tiny little thing about the game

if you can do it then it means they successfully communicated the concept to you without even having to talk to you. fucking real
>>
>>3700967

Sure, but the last level isn't really that hard for the most part, it's just one part that's near impossible/you have to be lucky to get through if you don't have powerups. If you mean the challenge is getting there with all the powerups, then yeah, but if you mean the challenge is getting there without them, no, it's mostly luck. The first half of the stage is actually pretty easy, possibly one of the easiest in the game actually, but then you get to that one part.

There are other levels that are better designed and are more challenging all the way through, without RNG bullshit. You can tell the devs were careful about where to place powerups, and where to place checkpoints (also considering checkpoints can sort of fuck you up, but it's still all very balanced).

the last level though, they just went full "fuck you" to the player. Spend all dem quarters and pray you're lucky if you wanna see the end, bitch.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.