[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/vr/ chink shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 509
Thread images: 81

File: ali.png (13KB, 191x74px) Image search: [Google]
ali.png
13KB, 191x74px
Have you bought any cheap Chinese /vr/ related stuff? What was your experience like?

Recently I bought a $6 Shantae repro off Aliexpress. I expected the quality to be garbage but it's a surprisingly solid thing with a working save feature. I was honestly surprised.

I also ordered a replacement GBC screen for $2, since my old one is scratched to hell and back. I'm still waiting for that to arrive, if this thread's still up when it comes I'll update you on that.
>>
I got my EverDrive N8 on AE, it kicks ass. I've bought a handful of Famicom multicarts on AE, they also kick ass. That place is a goldmine for retro gaming bootlegs and accessories.
>>
I have some very exciting orders of a bootleg Trip World and replacement GBP battery covers. They're still on the way though.

They have $40 backlit GBA screens on there now, wonder if I should bother
>>
File: aliexpress gb repro.jpg (740KB, 1789x951px) Image search: [Google]
aliexpress gb repro.jpg
740KB, 1789x951px
I have bought bunch of shit from there, for example pic related, that red nes 150-in-1 multicart, mega drive everdrive..

So far no problems, quality varies from shit to acceptable but hey, its cheap.
>>
I bought one of those yellow Famicom multicarts with Resident Evil on the label. I left Recca running on it overnight and it burned up.
>>
Only cables

Looks like I'm going to need a GBA speaker though
>>
>>3697234
Oh hey I have pretty much the same set of repros minus Superstar Saga.
>>
Bought a bunch of adapters and USB knock-off NES, SNES and SEGA pads. It was 3 weeks ago, I hope it'll arrive soon and pads won't work like complete shit.
>>
>>3696583
Is the GBA SP backlight screen compatible with the regular GBA or the frontlit SP?
>>
Is this site legit? Id like to know ahead of time if Im getting bootlegs
>>
>>3697543
The whole point of Aliexpress is to get cheap bootlegs. The site is legit, but don't go in expecting any legitimate games.
>>
>>3697543
It's a store full of Chinese sellers. It's as legit as you can expect from Chinese sellers. Most of sellers have a reputation there and chance that you'll not get your stuff or you'll get a not working piece is pretty small. Most likely you'll get a replacement\money back.
Don't expect to get official Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft stuff there.
>>
>>3697538
Yes.
>>
>>3696492
I've bought a ton of stuff. Most was good quality. Hardly any was shit. Most problems were due to poor packing and damage during shipping. Most sellers are good about offering a refund or replacement if there's a problem. Occasionally I run into a fuckwit where I have to open a dispute. I've been given a refund by ali 100% of the time and leave 1 star feedback so others know not to deal with the cunt.
>>
>>3696561
Does it play everything? Link?
>>
>>3697667
Not him, but I have one. The best place to get them is here:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Custom-game-with-8g-card-free/32732017425.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000023.1.eJIFuO

Unfortunately they're out of the N8 (NES) model at the moment, so you'll have to either wait or buy one for a higher price on eBay or DHGate. Sorry. Knowing China I doubt it'll be out for longer than a month though.

It has very good compatibility with official carts, as far as I can tell it plays everything except games with weird/uncommon/Chinese mappers. I'm not sure about MMC5 compatibility, I know it plays Castlevania 3 but I've heard it has problems with some other MMC5 games. It plays all FDS games properly, which is great, but you won't hear the FDS audio channel without a hardware mod.

One thing I need to make clear: if your cart says "China version" on the label, DO NOT UPDATE THE FIRMWARE, EVER. It'll brick the device.
>>
>>3697714
>official carts
Meant to say "official games".
>>
>>3697714
It's better to use a Taobao agent and have him buy from here: http://junfangames.taobao.com/

The prices are similar but junfangames is an offical everdrive reseller listed on: https://krikzz.com/store/content/6-dealers

If you buy these you can actually run firmware updates. Because of his deal with krikzz he is not allowed to sell outside of China but an agent can take care of it for you.
>>
>>3697543
The difference here is that you're getting bootlegs for the price that bootlegs are supposed to be.
>>
File: Lik_Sang_Logo[1].png (17KB, 350x328px) Image search: [Google]
Lik_Sang_Logo[1].png
17KB, 350x328px
Use this instead

Spoiler Warning
May cause despair on Christmas to legit oldfags
>>
>>3698014
Go choke on a dick SONY.
>>
>>3696492
I bought some USB retro controllers (Nes, Snes and Genesis) to use with my emulators.

They are not bad. In fact, yesterday I used the Snes one to play Daze Before Christmas.
>>
>>3698014
Oh man Lik-Sang Plaza. I still have my Dr. GB xChanger.
>>
>>3697714
How long did it take to receive?
>>
>>3698197
It depends of where you live. Normally the stores can give you a possible date based on your location and which postal service you pick.

Speaking about postal service, NEVER pick the cheapest one: it doesn't include any tracking code (so you could check your parcel's delivery state) and things tend to "vanish" when you use this option as well.
>>
>>3698306
>>3698197
Whenever you can choose aliexpress sellers that use the "e-packet" shipping method if you live in the US or Canada. If you want to see your shit in less than a month it's the way to go. The Taobao agent I go through uses it too. It's not exactly predictable, I've had stuff take only 1 week to get here using that and up to 3 weeks as well, but it's the best cheap method.
>>
>>3698579
Not him, but how good/bad is China Post Registered Air Mail?
>>
>>3698634
It's the most basic you can get when it comes to shipping
>>
>>3698635
>not surface freight
>>
>>3698634
It could take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months to get your stuff delivered.
>>
>>3698014
Well, you bummed me out.
>>
>>3698014
>lik sang
>legit oldfags
Topkek. I wouldn't have giggled too hard at Bung. Makko would have been believable.
>>
>>3698823
>using topkek as if your older or mature.

Ok.
>>
>>3698828
you're'r'er'e'rer'er're're'er'
>>
Legit oldfags ordered their copiers from advertisements included in lzh files they downloaded from BBSes.
>>
>>3698823
>>3698851
Honestly surprised it took this long for it to become a case of trying to seem older than everybody
>>
File: lol.png (767KB, 1256x1280px) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
767KB, 1256x1280px
I expect the chink repros being a bit cheaper than 18 dollars. Also, why they fuck are they making repros of games nobody cares like Lufia 1 rather than Super Metroid. Finally, those multicarts cartridges look like shit, and for the price of 2 of them you can get the chinese everdrive on ebay which is much better. Im dissapointed with Aliexpress.
>>
Is the EZ Flash IV reliable at all or is it super chink garbage?
>>
>>3699158
>buying SNES repros

there's your problem dude. Ali is a Famicom, Genesis, and Game Boy zone. If you're going for SuFami you should just get an cheap, chinese EverDrive.
>>
>>3699162
All GBA flash carts are chink garbage and they all work fine. My SuperCard miniSD still works and it's like 5 years old, and they're notoriously shitty. EZFlash seems to be the best aside from Krikzz new (hideously gigantic) offering.
>>
>>3699201

dude i havent bought any repro. I said that if you are going to sell them, make them cheaper than 18 dollars, specially if they have chinese quality.
>>
>>3699162
It works. Just don't be a dumbass like me and try to play games without patching them first and wonder why they're fucked up. Get the latest client from here: http://www.ezflash.cn/download/

EZ Flash IV is around $20 on Taobao right now if you really want to be cheap.
>>
>>3699206
You're not getting it. SNES repros are for plebs, unless you're trying to play Starfox 2, then you won't find what you're looking for at ali. If you want to play SNES games you get a flash cart.
>>
File: little baby butthurt.jpg (35KB, 609x406px) Image search: [Google]
little baby butthurt.jpg
35KB, 609x406px
>>3698828
>WHHAAAAA! But I'm 24 and a half years old!!!!

>>3698871
Welcome to /vr/ newfriend. It's been that way since the first /v/tard showed up a couple summers ago.
>>
For anyone considering the ez flash iv, it's cheaply built and the side with the SD card doesn't stay snapped in. This is actually really helpful because otherwise it's a fucking bitch to get the card in the slot. Just don't accidentally drop it inside of the cartridge. The slot itself is spring loaded which is the only nice thing about it's design really.
>>
>>3697714
>Do Not Update

Someone here actually made a patch to allow it to be updated. Anon shared it like a month ago but I can't find the bookmark now.
>>
>>3699337
If you find it let me know so I can alert all the Chinese
>>
>>3698306
>>3698579
>>3698634

I stupid amounts of money dropshipping from AliExpress and China Post kinda sucks, but will get you your product. It will just take a while. China is about to go on a long holiday so expect like 2 months wait. ePacket is much better and is often free on AliExpress. I've seen shipments take 7 days to get to my customer's door in the US, however they can also take over a month near the holiday season.

I almost always go for the cheapest shipping whenever I buy online, but ePacket is usually like $1.50-$3.00 and is definitely worth it imo. China Post is fine though too.
>>
>>3699337
wasn't it confirmed to be fake?
>>
File: 1481671372258.jpg (59KB, 284x297px) Image search: [Google]
1481671372258.jpg
59KB, 284x297px
>>3699158
Something is very wrong here. Unless you're getting a box & manual or some shit, these repos should not cost more than 5-10 bucks.
>>
>>3699874
They know about the meme prices of the SNES market. Also you pay a lot more if the game has a working battery save. Like for instance there were $8 repros of Earthbound on aliexpress but it didn't come with a battery and saving wouldn't work even if you managed to solder one in yourself.
>>
File: MD Geist ordering a pizza.png (280KB, 468x519px) Image search: [Google]
MD Geist ordering a pizza.png
280KB, 468x519px
>>3700043
>They know about the meme prices of the SNES market. Also you pay a lot more if the game has a working battery save.
That fucking sucks and it really defeats the purpose of buying these repos.
>Like for instance there were $8 repros of Earthbound on aliexpress but it didn't come with a battery and saving wouldn't work even if you managed to solder one in yourself.
Who the fuck would even sell these if you can't even add your own battery let along save?
>>
>>3700048
People were buying them so...
>>
>>3700048
Think of it like this, there's a chain here. The guys on aliexpress bought these in bulk from taobao sellers: https://world.taobao.com/item/541717415688.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.B7l0d2#detail

They sell with a mark up on aliexpress to ebay sellers.

Stupid normies buy them on ebay for $30-50.

People don't know about that foreigner tax.
>>
File: tumblr_n42anr7ePk1sgi5mmo4_250.gif (633KB, 245x300px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n42anr7ePk1sgi5mmo4_250.gif
633KB, 245x300px
I'd love to see some new Chinese flashcarts with the same amount of research & development that went into the Everdrives, even with assistance from the retro community to ensure high quality and compatibility right out of the gate and competitive prices to boot.

I already know about the clones but I just want an SNES flash cart with higher compatibility with special chip games and NES carts with higher mapper support on top of more accurate emulation of special audio chips. Krizz should've just delayed the release of those carts until more even games were supported, those prices for the official ones are kinda hard to swallow all things considered.
>>
I want to add a bit more to this. Most retro gamers are a bunch of trend following hipster numbskulls. This even goes for all the holier than thou faggots on /vr/. They see some fat faggot neckbeard on youtube showing off his "haul" of shit from aliexpress and this legitimizes aliexpress in their minds. Ali becomes the end all be all source of Chinese crap. They don't realize they're getting fleeced by resellers and could save a ton by going to Taobao. If you try to explain the process of using a Taobao agent to order things they get the impression it's overly complicated. Like showing your average PC user a command prompt.

At some point these youtubers will start talking about this stuff and these shitters will catch on, driving the prices up there too. All the while the Aliexpress sellers already have established business relationships with the factories making repros so they don't see any negative effect. The endless march of trendy retro gaming faggotry continues.
>>
>>3700070
Just buy from junfangame. You get official everdrives with Chinese prices. The sd2snes he sells isn't exactly "official" but it will give you updates and every feature except maybe MSU-1 audio.
>>
>>3700072
Nice, I forgot about this. Are these identical in every way sans the labels and packaging? Can you safely update these with official firmware and unofficial mapper updates. Is there a guide floating around on how to purchase? I can't read Chinese ;_;
>>
>>3700087
They may not be exactly identical, they are made in China instead of by krikzz in the Ukraine. You can safely update the official firmware. In some cases this has bricked a few of the older units, hopefully krikzz will be more careful about this in the future. The downside of this is that you will have to send your unit back to China in the event something breaks, krikzz won't touch it since he didn't make it. Not all of the everdrives are all that much cheaper than the Chinese counterpart either, so you should compare prices and make sure it makes sense for you to order one from there.

To order you can just find any taobao agent. I found mine by searching taobao on ebay, his listing is here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ubuy18-Taobao-China-Buying-Purchase-Agent-Package-Forwarding-shipping-shopping/162328755826

I just talk to him on Skype, I tell him what I want, he gives me a price and takes a picture of it when it arrives at his place then ships it to me.
>>
>>3700071
>some fat faggot neckbeard on youtube showing off his "haul" of shit from aliexpress
Show me 4 (four) instances of even reasonably popular youtubers doing this.

No one fucking shows off Chinese repro crap on youtube.
>>
>>3700071
By that logic all retro gamers should just emulate so that nothing /vr/-related could become expensive. Heck, you might as well just drop retro games as a hobby and do something else instead.
>>
>>3700154
The point is to pay attention. If you can get better things for the same price or cheaper do it. If something seems like a fucking meme it probably is. Do you really need a pre-TMSS Genesis if you're just going to plop a Chinese Everdrive into it? You could pay half for the exact same thing sound/video wise with TMSS. Do you need to take an RGB modded SNES mini over a regular 1CHIP SNES? All this blind following and trying to get what people are saying is the best thing is what leads to these high prices in the first place. There's a lot of bitching about said prices but not a lot of actual thought being put into getting the best deal for your money.
>>
>>3699874
>prices should be what i say they should be. No more than a week or two allowance.
kek

>>3700070
You'd like to see the Chinese reverse engineer old Chinese copiers and add swap the floppy for SD? lol. Get a UFO then. at least krikzz is trying and slowly making improvements. The Chinese haven't improved their shit in decades.
>>
>>3700369
Fuck off faggot, $18 bucks for a repro containing a single game IS a rip-off. If it contains multiple games, fine, i'll give you that much.
>>
>>3698014
Bought more from these fucks than I should have.

>>3700056
This.

Anyone looking for an HDMI to Composite/S-Video Converter should order from Aliexpress and save $20+ USD. They're over $40 when they pop up on eBay. I know because I bought one on eBay for $48.
>>
>>3697234
The GB games are actually good?

I've thought about buying a bootleg or two but I'm terrified by the thought of putting one in my GB and somehow it turns out to be shit and fries my GB altogether...
>>
>>3700072
The SD2SNES is open source, literally any one produced to the correct spec is 'official'.
>>
>>3700543
Most of the clones aren't quite correct though... Again everything but MSU-1
>>
>>3700546
The MSU-1 isn't a real SNES chip, so that shouldn't matter. Who would want to listen to 'homebrew' audio anyway? Just play a CD while you emulate, literally the same thing.
>>
>>3700534
I've never heard of this happening with flash carts. It's not even possible, I think.

But it is a possibility with microchips, processors, and other components. So, the average /vr/ shouldn't worry, but maybe be more careful if you're /g/.
>>
>>3700548
That's how I felt which is why I ordered mine from junfangames.
>>
>>3700549
There are Metroid passwords that can fry your NES aren't there? Always a remote possibility but that's why you buy a GB Boy Colour
>>
>>3700554
wat

I never heard of this. Interesting if true, but I fail to see the mechanism.
>>
>>3700534
This will not happen. Bootlegs for the Game Boy and Famicom have been manufactured for decades, it's not rocket science.
>>3700554
Is this real life? I thought we were on /vr/, not the playground.
>>
>>3700561
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjQ7SjB_6a8

I think he means it can brick a 3DS. This was patched.
>>
What's the best place to get an Everdrive for the original famicom? I don't have a single game to test it with, and I figured why waste money and time ordering a single cartridge from Japan when I could just buy a flash cart.
>>
>>3700569
Junfangames on taobao if you want a Chinese one
>>
>>3700569
AliExpress if you want a Chinese one and don't want to pay an import fee and have to literally skype with someone to buy it
>>
>>3700572
Page isn't loading right now so I don't know what the prices are.
>>3700582
Should I be looking up Famicom Flash Cart or something different than Everdrive N8, because I can't find anything there.
>>
>>3700585
They're all hidden, let me find a link:

>Currently sold out, keep on your watchlist:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Custom-game-with-8g-card-free/32732017425.html?spm=2114.13010308.0.0.NMTZm9

TaoBao poster [>>3700572
] probably has some advice if you can't find one on Ali. A lot of the guys selling bootlegs have them, but can't list them, you can message and ask.
>>
>>3700582
Oooh skyping with someone and paying a small fee to get one that is legit and can be updated is so hard. Just like ordering a pizza is. God forbid your /r9k/ social phobia having ass has to talk to somebody :(

Have fun with your Jack DIY

>>3700585
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a312a.7700824.w4004-1197810513.3.vQQYV5&id=22796972093

510 Yuan, link is blocked outside of China but if you give to an agent they will take care of it.
>>
>>3700603
My EverDrive N8 'China Version' is rad and I have a lot of fun with it. /vr/ is literally the only board I use, and do you actually speak to a human when you order a pizza? That's just weird.

I linked you because you know what you're talking about, I just provided an alternate solution that worked well for me.

Furthermore, updates are pretty irrelevant because Krikkz has all but abandoned the firmware on his products. The N8 hasn't had an update that added compatibility since October, and most of the other EverDrives have't been updated in years (looking at you Turbo EverDrive).
>>
>>3700637
I'm just sperging because I'm hyped the fuck up about some /sp/ thread so I'm in full on shitposting mode. Any pizza that is actually worth eating you will have to talk to a human to be able to order. If it's not chain shit they may or may not have online ordering but the reliability and pricing (specials? lol no) will leave much to be desired.

Even when there hasn't been any updates for awhile you're still stuck with the latest update from when the clone was released.
>>
>>3699543
I have no idea. Wouldn't be surprised.
>>
>>3700641
haha, that's fair. To be real though I order all the good local pizza in my city using foodler and get specials and shit through there.

Regarding firmware I'm just pissy about the lack of updates on my real Turbo EverDrive, it's kind of turned me off from Krikzz. There's literally 2 versions. It's like, come on man, give us savestates or CD-ROM2 support or something.
>>
>>3696492
I bought this 'Pokemon Cock Version' cartridge (mine is green)
it's just a rom you can download from the internet but having a real cartridge of it was worth the $3 joke. It actually saves and everything which surprised me
>>
>>3700654
So, what makes it 'cock version'?
>>
>>3700668
All the text has been edited. The game opens with Professor Oak talking about how much he likes to fuck pokemon, he then says he'll kill you and rape your mother if you don't go out to fill his pokedex. The entire game is like that.
>>
>>3700674
kek, sounds like an 8th grade ROM hack. definitely worth owning on a cart.
>>
>>3700654
Got a link to this? Love to get it for a friend.
>>
>>3700854
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-GBC-Cock-Version-Game-Card-Game-Boy-Advance-GB-SP-Game-Console-18-Adult-/132000017679?hash=item1ebbd06d0f:g:sbAAAOSwXeJYJYwW
here's an ebay listing for $4
>>
So, GB Boy Color.

Is it actually as good as people say, or is it just a meme?
>>
>>3700865
It's excellent. Aspect ratio is a little off and it has no real IR port. Sound is a little screwy too. But it's a fucking Gameboy Color with a backlit screen and you can get it new for the same price as the real one goes for used. I highly recommend it. I got mine for $20 by combining a $5 new alipay signup coupon with the 11.11 sale price last year.
>>
>>3700859
Thanks!
>>
>>3700859
http://www.ebay.com/sch/Video-Games/139973/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&_ssn=topdeals-store

This guy seems to almost exclusively deal in fake Pokemon games. I might pick up a couple.
>>
>>3697760
So these versions sold on junfangames are officially able to be updated? I'm interested in the Mega Drive ED.
>>
>>3700891
Yes, see here: https://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=3236.0
>>
>>3700549
>flash carts.
All the pirated china GBA I found used batteries and RAM chips. No flash. Was I jewed?
>>
>>3700564
the crash sounds like Kirby
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCH6nQYflwY&list=PLC654C8FD7FC89851
>>
I saw someone on a Youtube comment claiming that there's a new variant of the GB Boy Colour with working IR and fixed aspect ratio, could type b be it?
>>
>>3700935
Nigga both of those have the same aspect ratio.
>>
>>3700946
Damn
>>
https://shop112989548.world.taobao.com/category-1240806526.htm?spm=a312a.7700824.w4010-8419419238.29.lwxzFm&search=y&catName=SFC%D3%CE%CF%B7%BF%A8#bd

Some cheap SNES multicarts for people who aren't happy with the aliexpress prices.
>>
I was wondering if anyone had any cheap properly wired S-video cables for the SNES, N64, or Game Cube.
>>
>>3700987
It's the same cable for all three. I bought the one without the Composite dongle, but I don't think it makes any difference.

They're like $2 USD on AE, and about $10 USD on eBay.
>>
>>3697543
Ali has buyer protection that they strive to maintain, if you can believe it.
>>
>>3700895
Might order one of those then. Anyone know what MD Everdrive version that Taobao sells? I see Krikzz sells x7, x5, and x3.
>>
>>3698014

Triggered.

Fuck you.
>>
>>3701774
He sells the x7 but only in a package deal with the sd2snes. I'm annoyed that I didn't notice that before I went ahead and ordered my sd2snes. The one he sells separately is just a "V3" which I guess is the older one before the x series started? It's dirt cheap but I kinda want the x7 so I don't have to reset to save.
>>
>>3700603

>having ass

Not that guy but correction: None of us are having ass.

>/vr/gins
>>
>>3702206
Does it count if it's never with girls from my own country/race? Video game hardware isn't the only thing I import from Asia.
>>
>>3697760
Can I buy from taobao? I see theyre selling a GBC flash cart for 360 yen and I'm really interested in buying that
>>
>>3702661
Yeah just find a taobao agent and link them to the item, they will give you a price.
>>
>>3702661
That's Yuan not Yen. Better check your conversion, it's not as cheap as you think.
>>
>>3700603
So how much would it cost to have some chinese guy buy it for me and then ship it to me? An Everdrive is $120 on average everywhere I've checked that's linked on Krikkz's website, and if it's only going to be like $10 cheaper to do it this way I'd rather save myself the hassle.
>>
>>3702703
360 yuan is roughly 50 bucks, at most you will pay $10 for shipping and handling but it will probably be a bit less than that. If you are going to do it this way make sure you pick junfangames so you get an official one.
>>
>>3700935
The only difference with those is the colo(u)r of the motherboard (it says that in the item description).
>>
>>3702710
Really? Only $10? I've ordered some things from Japan before through a proxy and it was expensive as hell,
>>
>>3702784
Probably less. E-packet shipping is extremely cheap and fairly fast.
>>
>>3701962
Is it this one? https://world.taobao.com/item/542652823984.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a312a.7700824.w4004-1197810513.48.fAYpwp
That's not a bad price for both of those cards, and if it's the x7 even better. How's the sd2snes they sell? Is it an official clone and able to be updated as well?
>>
>>3702901
Yeah that's it. The sd2snes is produced without the blessing of krikzz. That doesn't really matter because the project is completely open source and everything you need to make one is on github. This means updates work just fine. It may or may not have MSU-1 audio support though.
>>
>>3701716
It does matter if it's wired wrong. What they do is connect the S-video to the compost and it causes a pattern to show up
>>
>>3702914
What exactly is MSU-1 and why is it so important? Looking it up it looks like it's a modern custom sound processor made by byuu. I don't think any official games would support that, would they?
>>
>>3702786
Even though someone's acting as a middle man and buying it for me, it's still that cheap? I don't think I'm going to get a better deal than a sub-$100 updateable Everdrive, I think I'll go for it.
>>
>>3702914
Cool, glad updates work on the sd2snes, and I can live without the msu-1 audio since it's not really official anyways. Since a Chinese person needs to buy it, how can we go about that? >>3700093 mentions an eBay listing with a taobao agent. Do we buy this listing or just contact their Skype in the listing? I'm very interested but I don't want to get ripped off either. Also what >>3703159 said.
>>
>>3700859
Thanks, just bought it for the lulz. Im also interested in getting Green Version but would like to know if it saves as well. Also, how reliable has the saving been for you, lile has it corrupted before or is it still going strong?
>>
>>3703125
Nope just hacked roms to add CD quality sound.
>>
>>3703194
I buy from that guy and I always just talk to him on Skype. You can tell he's legit from the ebay feedback. I gave him some myself after buying before.
>>
>>3697714
I wish I had known this link. As I recently decided to Aliexpress some bootlegs for my bootleg machine pictured here (as I will not have bootlegs touch my actual machines). I have been having fun with Panorama Cotton, which is nice for $3 shipped, but a really cheap bootleg everdrive will suffice for this crap machine.

>>3698014
Dammit, they were the primary place to get Treamcast systems, wish I had known back then that I would want a Treamcast now (for the sweet controllers).

>>3697760
I have a co-worker who has family in China. Wonder how I can tell her to do me a favor. As legit everdrives sound nice, but Google says 1USD=6.95 Chinese Yuan so it is almost 50% off from krikzz prices for the Mega Everdrive X7 + SD2SNES ... tempting, but now I will really have to save.
>>
>>3704128
There's really no reason to not use bootlegs on your real consoles.
>>
>>3703125
It's some weird homebrew thing for people who want MP3 soundtracks for their SNES games. It's wholly bizarre and really stupid.
>>
>>3704128
http://www.superufo.com/products/COOL/Cool_Stuff_Portable_Treamcast.html

This site had them in stock a year or two ago. Looks like you missed your chance.
>>
>>3704128
>can play Genesis
>only SNES controllers
This feels so wrong
>>
>>3704148
No, my consoles are pure and I will not have a dirty Chinese bootleg game be inserted into them. Plus that bootleg clone console only does S-video and composite so it's hooked up to a cheap CRT TV (Admiral brand!) for a side setup.

>>3704157
That's just my luck. I only recently learned of the Treamcast ... would have looked great in this image of "alternate brand consoles" instead of a Dreamcast.
>>
>>3704168

Now you know how MiG&Sukhoi feel.
>>
File: Need_more_Hori_Mega_Commanders.jpg (2MB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
Need_more_Hori_Mega_Commanders.jpg
2MB, 2304x1728px
>>3704168
Actually, those are Genesis controllers the clone console came with, they are just in the shape of a SNES controller. The clone console also ports to accept actual SNES and NES controllers but those are only for their respective systems, but the Genesis ports work for all systems on the clone console. Here you can see some Genesis controllers, sometimes they can be shaped like SNES ones.
>>
>>3704204
32x NBA Jam with a 3 button controller, every time.
>>
File: Bae.jpg (184KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Bae.jpg
184KB, 800x600px
>>3704209
You just don't want to come over and play with filthy Chinese bootlegs ...

(why 3-button)
>>
>>3704204

Man fuck these oversized NTSC-U SEGA CD & Saturn cases.
>>
>>3704229
NBA Jam only uses 3 buttons, so why have the extras?
>>
>>3704231
It was the main reason I never got into collecting Saturn games unless they were imports.

Autism, HO!
>>
Anyone find like LSDJ carts or anything similar on AliExpress? There's billions of game boy bootlegs, but searching LSDJ doesn't get me anything and I'm struggling with search terms on the GB stuff.
>>
>>3704384
https://world.taobao.com/item/529291087594.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.Npc56J#detail

I don't know if you can find the "GB Transferer /GB Transferer II" for it though. They give a link but it's dead.
>>
>>3704384
>>3704504
https://world.taobao.com/item/529144378372.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a312a.7728556.w25148-8563864018.9.k1Cbby

Nevermind check that one out instead, it has a USB port.
>>
>>3704505
Also must note it's cheaper here: http://www.tototek.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=40&products_id=142&zenid=r425ueca0coiu1r5vtqj788hq5
>>
>>3704509
word thank you. Looks cheaper than getting an EverDrive...
>>
>>3704528
A Chinese everdrive would be roughly the same price. LSDJ had some issues with the everdrive though:

http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=1617

If that's what your main application for a flash cart would be you are far better off with that. The price isn't even far off if you buy it from kitsch bent, just $42.
>>
>>3700865
I have one, it's actually fucking great. The screen ratio is off, but you won't notice in standard gameplay. The backlight is fucking awesome and the thing has Tetris built right into it!
>>
>>3704549
>70 dollar for famicom looks really nice price
Literally retarded.
>>
>>3699323
That micro sd card tho
>>
>>3704560
Wouldn't be chink shit without a shark card
>>
>>3703258
So you buy the listing he has for 99 cents on eBay and then work with him on Skype to buy the flash cards off Taobao? Obviously that's all done outside ebay of course. Don't want to get ripped off.
>>
>>3704580
You don't have to buy the listing, you can just talk to him. I just buy it so I can give him feedback.
>>
>>3704589
Gotcha, I'll try that. Thanks anon. Another question, how much do they charge for this service and shipping to the US?
>>
>>3704691
$6 seems to be the price everywhere. I found Game & Watch Gallery for like $4.32 or something. you could get one of the multi carts with all of the Pokemon games for $14 if you're looking for the most bang for the buck. Also, is that an english copy of Green, if so you got a link?
>>
File: chinkshit.jpg (41KB, 510x446px) Image search: [Google]
chinkshit.jpg
41KB, 510x446px
Did anyone here got one of these?
Do they save?
Any better shops/offers than this:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Nintendo-GBC-Pokemon-Video-Game-Cartridge-Console-Card-English-Language-Version-for-Game-Boy-Color-Pokemon/32720769405.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000014.1.pzELFy&scm=1007.13338.46806.0&pvid=8a00bab7-bcff-4ea5-af5b-bf7dbc0c5c45&tpp=1
>>
>>3704698
Feedback is really positive. There are other sellers that specifically mention save support if you don't trust the feedback though.
>>
>>3704698
If you're willing to buy from Taobao you can get those for 18 Yuan ($2.60)

https://shop112989548.world.taobao.com/category-1130423025.htm?spm=a312a.7700824.w4010-8419419238.28.QwA02N&search=y&parentCatId=1038166468&parentCatName=GBC%BE%AD%B5%E4%D3%CE%CF%B7%BF%A8&catName=GBC%D3%A2%CE%C4%BF%A8#bd

This shop has them all. Smart thing to do would be to order a few at once and have your agent combine shipping
>>
>>3704547
I couldn't resist any longer; I just ordered one and an english Last Bible II bootleg. The GB Boy Colour looks too rad, and it was like $28. I found my GB Pocket, GB Camera, and GB Printer I had stored away while home over the holidays; this thing could be a game changer for taking cool GB Cam shots.
>>
May as well ask here. Anyone have a revo k101+? What do you think?
>>
File: Snapshot_20161018.jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Snapshot_20161018.jpg
33KB, 640x480px
>>3704698
I bought one and everything about it was perfect; saved and no bugs.
>>
>>3704718
Makes me wonder, how do these places afford to pay their workers if they sell their products for that little? What kind of profit margins are they making?
>>
How long do these guys usually take to ship their Everdrives?
>>
File: boot.jpg (716KB, 1956x2548px) Image search: [Google]
boot.jpg
716KB, 1956x2548px
>>3705134
I also bought both of these for about $18cdn. The Chrono Trigger didn't come with a battery so all you had to do was open the game and slide a specific watch battery ($2 for like a 6 pack) into the slot.
>>
File: 20161206_024023.jpg (4MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20161206_024023.jpg
4MB, 4128x2322px
>>3705168
I bought these for $5cdn a piece (on sale) and each one came with a battery and case. I actually love the colours and transparency of these repros. The only issue I ran into was that Grandia couldn't be played on a super gameboy.
>>
File: 20161206_022900.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20161206_022900.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>3705171
Just to show that they work on super gameboy. and then I went ahead and bought like crazy amount of genesis games. I ran into a couple of issues, but was given a refund so no complaints really.
>>
>>3705171
I think Grandia is a GBC exclusive game, meaning it won't work on a Super Game Boy. I kind of wish they didn't put them in original GB carts so it was easier to tell, but eh.
>>
File: 20161206_023851.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20161206_023851.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>>3705187
I figured as much, thankfully it works on a GBC so honestly I can't complain.
>>
>>3705164
While wages in China started to increase, right now they are still rather low compared to the west, so there is that.
And everything is mass produced, which makes it even cheaper. Combine that with a broad selection of products, cut out the "middle man" (to a degree) and voila.
There is a reason everyone has his crap made by the chinks, and now they found a way to profit off this even more.
>>
>>3705134
>>3705168
>>3705171
>>3705176
>>3705232
That was quite informative, thank you, Anon.
>>
File: 6930770932_65e13f439b_o.jpg (219KB, 800x650px) Image search: [Google]
6930770932_65e13f439b_o.jpg
219KB, 800x650px
I'm new to buying /chinkshit/ where do I find a legit taobao agent?
>>
>>3705776
I found mine by going on ebay and searching for Taobao. You can view the feedback of the agent and decide if they're legit or not based on that.
>>
>>3705397
No problem, anon. Glad I could help.
>>
anyome got a dmg gameboy? I pay $$$
>>
>>3706030
>>>/craigslist/
>>
there's about 14 trillion of them, you can probably find one locally.
>>
>>3700159
>save $5 by buying on taobao
>pay $10 to the taobao agent
>>
>>3706352
The extra $5 I pay is worth it because I get an official everdrive that can actually be updated though.
>>
How likely is it that this Chinese crap has lead in the plastic?
>>
>>3707627
Don't eat your video games.
>>
>>3707680
Hope you don't rub your eyes after touching your leadgames
>>
>>3707707
Everything else is made in China now anyway so it's pretty much unavoidable. Even if it was assembled somewhere else who do you think made the plastic case?
>>
>>3700865
So I just got the GBA SP-shaped version because it was cheaper (should still be, around $18).

I should be more irritated at the bad aspect ratio, but really the screen is too small and GB games too simple to be that upsetting. So go for it.
>>
ANOTHER FUCKING POKEMON QUESTION:
Does anyone have the GS carts and do they have a working clock?
>>
>>3707797
They absolutely do not. Some gbc flash carts have RTC but definitely not everdrive. GBA everdrive has it.
>>
Before you ask Pokemon Ruby, emerald, and sapphire bootlegs don't have RTC either. Consider them junk and don't buy them. Fire Red and Leaf Green don't have RTC so it's okay to buy bootlegs or play them off cheap ass flash carts.
>>
>>3707996
Is there absolutely no RSE bootleg with a functioning RTC? I bought a Platinum bootleg two years ago and it has all functionalities a legit cart would have, even the trickiest ones like Wii connection and so on.
>>
>>3707996
>Implying you don't just change the clock when you need to
>>
>>3708006
Yes. It's far easier/cheaper to clone a DS card than it is extra functionality in a cartridge. This is why the flash carts that support these things are more expensive.
>>
>>3708007
If they patched it properly. Not really worth it imo. You can still get a good deal on the real thing if you look around. Best to do that before the prices on the most common cartridges in the entire Gameboy library shoot up to even more retarded levels.
>>
>>3708008
How disappointing. Do you know if Gen III -> Gen IV transfer has a chance to work on these bootlegs anyway?
>>
>>3708013
It will probably work. Playability depends on how glitchy the patched rom they used is.
>>
>>3708014
Thanks, I'll buy one anyway, they're 5 dollars or something.
>>
File: Snap 2016-12-30 at 17.50.05.png (338KB, 984x463px) Image search: [Google]
Snap 2016-12-30 at 17.50.05.png
338KB, 984x463px
Is this Japanese Yen or Chinese Yuan? Why do they use the same symbols? How can I easily tell what currency I'm getting myself into?
>>
>>3708018
Since everything is written in Chinese, I'd guess it's yuan
>>
>>3708018
On Taobao it's always yuan
>>
>>3708021
>>3708024
Yea... I thought it might be. Thank you.
>>
>>3708008
You don't need to clone a $0.5 off the shelf part dingus.
>>
>>3704698
Apart from the feel of the plastic and the fact that the cartridge says "GAME" and not "Nintendo Gameboy" it's pretty solid. If you want to be a purest, just get a replacement shell, paint it green, soften the glue on the label and transfer it and install the board in it.
>>
>>3708018
Thanks to the anon who recommended the Taobao agent earlier, this will come out to $235 for everything (item, fees, shipping). I'm in the US, if that helps. Going to place my order very soon. My only issue I have is will Krikzz support the X7 if something goes wrong in the future.
>>
>>3708327
He will give you software support. If anything goes wrong with the hardware it will probably have to go back to China.
>>
>>3708232
Recently I was searching for replacement Game Boy cartridge shells after I accidentally busted a real one. I spent a long time searching, but I couldn't find one that didn't say "GAME" on the top.

Is there a reason for that? Do they only have one mould in China or something? It makes no sense to me.
>>
>>3708409
It's solely to protect against copyright infringement, and yeah, they're probably all using the same mold.
>>
>>3708409
honestly if you really want replacement shells get a donor cart. Buy shitty gba games in bulk. clean up the shells, respray.
>>
Does anyone know if they sell quality N64 clones? I really want to give some use to my recently restored Funtastic Artic Blue N64.
>>
>>3708786
Nigga Nintendo themselves couldn't make a quality N64.
>>
>>3708786
*n64 carts. My bad.
>>
>>3708786
Yeah, they're on AliExpress now. I just started seeing them pop up recently.
>>
>>3708884
You had it right the first time.
>>
>>3705168
So you can just slide in a battery? No soldering or any shit like that? I've heard that just putting one in isn't enough for it to be functional
>>
>>3710454
Some bootlegs have like a battery holder, others are soldered on. Either way, you should be able to handle it. It's like caveman soldering we're talking about here.
>>
To the anon who bought everdrives off Junfangames with the Taobao agents, how long did it take for it to arrive to you? I'm speaking with an agent and he's telling me it might be a few weeks because of shipments.
>>
>>3710454
I have yet to order an SNES game where I had to solder the battery. The games have holders where you slide the battery in. Chrono Trigger is saving great with no issues.
>>
>>3712318
I used e-packet shipping in 2015 and got my package in 2 weeks. I used it again this time and it's taken more than 2 weeks. It's at the "Processed through facility" step right now. I'm guessing it's because I decided to order during Christmas time. Will probably be worse when Chinese New Year comes along.
>>
>>3712324
There are a few there on Aliexpress that don't work even if you solder in a battery. It's best to read the feedback before you order.
>>
File: everdrive.png (26KB, 272x255px) Image search: [Google]
everdrive.png
26KB, 272x255px
Th-they are going to ship it, right?
>>
>>3712371
>spending that much on a shitty clone snes everdrive
>>
>>3700056
Well you also have to consider the fact that you need to go through an agent to buy from taobao, and those chink bastards can be lazy and irresponsible as fuck since you aren't physically in the same room to whip their flat asses to work. Ali might have inflated prices because /g/ keeps buying trash from them but at least you don't have to go through a shitty middleman to get your stuff.
>>
Chink chat:
https://chat.whatsapp.com/1hBaafPLF995QETXSE6nL9
>>
>>3712371
If your payment cleared, they will ship it. I've never had an issue with AE and I order something from there at least once a week.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-12-26-13-37-33.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-12-26-13-37-33.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
Anyone controllers off of ali? Specifically the n64 usb ones.
Are these any good?
>>
>>3712932
Buy*
Really need to start sleeping more
>>
>>3699543
Yeah, somebody analysed the file and it was byte for byte the same as the regular bricking update. He just posted it with some fluff about what he'd done to undo it, but it was lies.
>>
>>3713548
Did anyone fall for it?
>>
>>3712398
Never had any problems with that. The guy I use keeps me updated every step of the way. He takes a picture when it arrives at his place, provides multiple options for shipping, quickly ships and provides a tracking number. He even refunded me 80 cents when the shipping price was lower than what he actually quoted me (even though I wouldn't have given a single fuck.)
>>
>>3708341
Don't have the source but I do rememeber reading a post Krikzz made on his forum saying that if someone sent him a legit china edition he would try to fix it.
>>
>>3713583
He said the opposite on another post though. It's probably not best to bet on that.
>>
>>3712932
I've never used a knock-off that wasn't kind of shit compared to an original controller.

That said, the shells and PCBs are usually fine if you have a broken 1st-party game pad. Just reuse the plastic and rubber guts in the 3rd party one and it will usually feel every bit as good as an original.
>>
>>3713591
This isn't clear due to my wording. Sorry.

I mean the 3rd party shells and PCBs are fine. Discard the 3rd-party plastic and rubber bits that make the buttons and dpad work. Those are the parts from the original pads that make them feel so great.
>>
>>3713568
I'm this anon, >>3712318, I placed my order with the agent yesterday. Ordered the sd2snes and x7. Ordering process went smoothly so far, spoke with yuki_cs from the ebay listings on this thread. Says it'll arrive in 3 weeks. Really glad I heard of this from this thread! Thanks!
>>
any chinese bootleg of the Everdrive for famicom?
>>
>>3713591
The sticks on the originals tend to go to shit though, so I was wondering if these chink ones would last longer
>>
>>3713904
There are companies that specialize in making those analog sticks. I never got too into it, to be honest, but I have seen them online. I assume a quick search would yield results if no other anon knows more.
>>
>>3708786
N64 bootlegs are more of a recent thing.
Wait a couple years and more people will start doing them
>>
File: everdrive n8.png (46KB, 189x262px) Image search: [Google]
everdrive n8.png
46KB, 189x262px
>>3713881
No need for a bootleg, you can get a legit one from junfangames.
>>
https://junfangames.world.taobao.com/
Anyone know what the difference is between the Everdrive N8 with the picture of a motherboard and the one with vidya sprites on it?
>>
>>3714085
One has a picture of a motherboard, the other has one with vidya sprites on it
>>
>>3714102
Is that literally the only difference? I don't really care what it looks like I just thought the more expensive one might have been a 2.0 model or something.
>>
>>3714107
How the fuck should I know nigga dey all chines
>>
>>3714085
They both have the exact same title. Can't read the description page because it's blocked outside of China. Would be really nice if I could find a good Chinese proxy.
>>
>>3714125
Actually I'm wrong, one is "standard edition" and the more expensive one is "advanced edition" according to Google Translate.
>>
>>3705167
They took 10 days for me, they literally did it the last hour of processing
>>
>>3700865
I liked mine so much i bought a second one so we and the wife could both play in bed. The asoect ratio is a bit off and the dpad is a bit buggy. It does not pick up if you roll around the corners sometimes making some of the more demanding games very frustrating. For playing most games its great.
>>
Chinese Everdrive, scart cables and a couple of repros. Only the repros are shit.
>>
>>3715672
Can't you swap the d-pad with a pocket or color one?
>>
>>3700865
I just ordered one now that I'm rediscovering Game Boy RPGs. Got the clear green, and even ordered a matching replacement shell for a GBA with a beat up screen lens that I bought for $20 at a local /vr/ shop. I'm really excited for both, thought I'm expecting the GBA shell to be kind of thin and flexy. I might just end up using the screen protector if it feels too shitty.
>>
>>3699323
ezflash iv is fine software-wise, though. I've had good luck with goomba and pocketnes, as well as native GBA titles.

Now if only I could find a Mario Advance 4 rom that didn't have glitchy sound or constant freezing, I'd be happy.
>>
>>3716517
You patched it before using it right?
>>
File: HTB1NW94KpXXXXavXpXXq6xXFXXXc.jpg (57KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
HTB1NW94KpXXXXavXpXXq6xXFXXXc.jpg
57KB, 800x800px
what IS this controller? is this a bootleg version of something real that was for a one-off game or did someone at the factory accidentally spill the spaghetti.
>>
>>3716578
Maybe it's for Mahjong shit...
>>
>>3716517
Yeah, I like it for the most part. I just have to figure out the whole NOR thing so I can play Mother 3 again.
>>
Just bought 2 repros off aliexpress. You better not have fucked me on this /vr/.
>>
>>3696492
This site is cancer to the retro collecting scene. It's filled with fake Hagane and aero fighter carts now. Poor fucks will always find a way though, it's their ratty ways.
>>
>>3717330
Fuck off scalper
>>
>>3717243
That's why I bought a bootleg Mother 3 cart
>>
>>3716578
Based on the fact that it has a USB connector, I'd say it's a PC gamepad intended for left-handed use, using a SNES controller's shape as a base.

That button layout though, jesus fuck. Were they trying to get the Vectrex audience?
>>
>>3717330
>This site is cancer to the retro collecting scene
good
>>
>>3717330
Suck on my flash cart faggot.
>>
Buy Flash carts. Dont buy clone cartridges. Repros have no collectible value. I is throwing money away. Dont give your money away to foreigners who pollute the earth. Just emulate or flash cart. I can't believe I live in a time where there is so much stupidity. If you sell repros you should be banned.
>>
>>3717470
Go cry some more. I don't mind buying a few of those cheap-ass Game Boy repros since I already have almost everything else I want, and buying a few of those costs nothing compared to a flashcart.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1468369521107.jpg (21KB, 477x479px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1468369521107.jpg
21KB, 477x479px
So I have a question regarding repros. A little while back I stupidly bought overpriced mother 1+2 and mother 3 repro carts from a vendor at a small game convention. They had noticable slowdown and the audio, especially playing mother 1, was off. Pretty shitty desu. I asked for them to send me a replacement and they did. Exact same issues. I called it quits and didn't chase it up after that.

My question being, is it normal for repros, in this case gba repros, to not be 1:1 identical or did I make a mistake and bought from some hacks who don't know how to flash a rom to a cart properly? I'd like to buy some repros but I don't want to waste money. I can't overlook issues like that.
>>
>>3714037
that's what? 70 US dollars? Is it the same?
>>
>>3717319
Or what, you're out $10? They'll work fine. Bootlegs are fun.
>>
>>3717470
Bootlegs will keep retro gaming alive for decades to come. It's a scene born out of necessity, and is still many in the 3rd world's introduction to gaming. It's a very good thing that there are still factories churning out 100,000s of clone consoles and games.
>>
>>3717616
The MOTHER 1+2 repros are notoriously bad, also those versions of the games fucking suck anyway. MOTHER 3 has built-in slowdown in spots due to bugs with the translation that they couldn't fix, probably exacerbated by slow flash chips. It plays with the same issues on my SuperCard.
>>
>>3717939
Well damn that's a shame to hear. I had a good time playing 1+2 on my wii emulator. Just wanted a decent cart version but I guess that's out the window. Thanks for the info.
>>
>>3717470
You sound like a faggot. Repros may have no collectible value but bootlegs do. I collect them and have some worth quite a bit.
>>
>>3718023
I'll clarify a little; I actually own a japanese MOTHER 1+2 cart, and when I got my bootleg, I noticed the sound was fucking terrible on the bootleg. So that was my experience, and I don 't care for the port either... I mean for like $6 or whatever, it could be cool for a playthrough if you're into playing it on the GBA.
>>
>>3716517
>Now if only I could find a Mario Advance 4 rom that didn't have glitchy sound or constant freezing, I'd be happy.

I tested this one: http://www.emuparadise.me/Nintendo_Gameboy_Advance_ROMs/Super_Mario_Advance_4_-_Super_Mario_Bros._3_(U)(Trashman)/45399

Like I said before you need to patch it! Make sure you're using the ezclient from http://www.ezflash.cn/download/ to patch all your roms. Some of them might work without it but many will be fucked up so it's better to make sure you always patch before you play rather than playing through and finding out your save file is gone.

Also advice for anyone who is using ezflash, you need to immediately shut the GBA off and turn it back on after saving your game then wait for it to write your save file to the SD card. If you don't your save might be lost.
>>
>>3717935
Do you think the romhack carts distributed on sites like AliExpress are common in those countries?
>>
>>3718938
I lived in the Philippines and there were a lot of strange bootleg carts around. That stuff wasn't really popular though. The PSP was fucking huge, you saw kids everywhere playing them. They could be found pretty cheap (like $30) and any moron could fill up a memory stick with pirated games.

I remember walking down some street by my ex girlfriend's church and seeing kids by the side of the road gathered around an original xbox playing Super Mario Bros 3. It was funny to me because I was doing the same thing with my little brother and some other family members using my softmodded xbox a few years before back in the US.
>>
>>3718947
I was referring to stuff like Super Mario 3Mix.
>>
>>3718949
I never saw anything like that. Mostly multicarts. Many from those weird Chinese devs that made their own GBA games. I wanted to buy some but they were always priced like real games so that kept me away.
>>
>ordered cheap chink clones of pads in November
>ordered ibuffalo from jap store on ebay December 28th
>ibuffalo is already in my city and I'll receive it in a few days tops
>chink pads are still in china
WEW. I want to compare them already, but looks like it won't happen until February.
>>
>>3718934
I just press the reset button on my Game Cube (with a Game Boy Player, obviously), and it does the same thing. It reminds me of when I used to play on my old NES.
>>
>>3719052
Chinese shipping got fucked up over Christmas. I run a business dropshipping from Ali and shit sucked.
>>
>>3720483
All the stuff I ordered from Ali in December seems to be trickling in now which isn't unusual. Waiting for the e-packet shipment of my SD2SNES to leave China is driving me crazy though.
>>
>>3720483
Can you be more specific? What wait times are we talking?
>>
File: 1483162625872.jpg (150KB, 1014x1022px) Image search: [Google]
1483162625872.jpg
150KB, 1014x1022px
>>3696492
What are the chances I can dupe my local asshole retro seller into buying some repos of expensive games?
>>
>>3720529
You'd need to sell him something moderately expensive and see if he checks out the PCB.
>>
>>3720529
Make sure to throw them in some dirt and kick it around some for that vintage look.
>>
>>3700859
I got pokemon Crystal from that store and it saves just fine, but for whatever RTClock support is busted. No clue why. Even replaced the battery thinking it was just shit and that didn't fix it.
>>
>>3722570
Bootlegs never have RTC support. For this reason I don't recommend buying Gold, Silver, Crystal, Sapphire, Ruby, or Emerald this way. Stick to Blue, Red, Yellow, Fire Red, and Leaf Green.
>>
>>3718951
I can't recall if I ever saw Super Mario 3Mix but I did see plenty of other hacks there. Until recently there was a shop in the SM cyberzones that had tons of that shit. Last trip they were gone or just selling cellphone stuff.
Game prices in the failippines are shit for most stuff. The only time you find a good deal on something not second hand is in a bargain bin with random shit they've had on the shelves for 10 years and want to get rid of. The previous trip I picked up half a dozen pokemans hacks for 100 pissos each.
>>
>>3722694
The second hand market is incredible though. It looks like it's starting to dry up a bit but being able to get a mix of NTSC US/JAP + PAL stuff is awesome.
>>
>>3722694
Reminder that as far as I know all carts with Super Mario 3Mix on them use the first public release that you can get from Romhacking.net. Get the latest version from Southbird's website and ask them to use that instead.
>>
File: Star_f985d9_6119152.jpg (32KB, 750x642px) Image search: [Google]
Star_f985d9_6119152.jpg
32KB, 750x642px
I got a couple N64 carts off Ali, Ocarina of Time Master Quest being one of them, but it doesn't save and a battery can't be added. It only keeps a save if the console is kept plugged in and the cart left in.

As with anything, buyer beware, you're in for a scare
>>
>>3724139
Damn how much did you pay for that?
>>
>>3724139
can you post picture of its PCB?
>>
>>3722695
It's better than the US but it's pretty small. Where it's really good is arcade shit. Filipinos are like the anti-Japanese when it comes to taking care of their shit so it gets shitted up pretty fast. Very few people know how to repair cabs. You can pick up a candy cab with missing or fucked up sticks covered in shit but otherwise perfectly fine for $100-$200.

>>3722983
Should I also walk into the grocery store and tell them I want them to milk a specific cow for me? Yeah, the girl at the counter for minimum wage could totally change the ROM for me. kek
>>
>>3724181
When I've bought carts on AliExpress, they've always been willing to do custom carts. Just replacing the ROM without making a new label or anything would be simpler.
>>
>>3724139
I'd buy the Master Quest Debug version on a cartridge.
>>
>>3724181
It used to be a lot bigger when I was living there a couple years ago. You could find so much shit on sulit (before it became OLX.) I'm kinda regretting not buying shit before I came home but I was spending my money traveling around Luzon and chasing girls instead.
>>
>>3717935
My only issue with famiclones is that 90% of them are pure trite in recreating the experience. I think I've written longer essays talking about how gay the @tgames consoles are for Genesis games than I have for my thesis paper
>>
>>3720498
ePacket normally takes like 2 weeks to the US taking over 4.

My main supplier said Guanzhou airport is fucked and super disorganized. He said it's good now though.
>>
>>3717616
GBA repros are shit, that's all. GBC repros however are actually decent so if you want a physical copy of Shantae 1 then go for it
>>
>>3724139
>it doesn't save
>keeps a save if the console is kept plugged in and the cart left
It sounds like you might be retarded. If you can muster the mental capacity to explain what's actually happening maybe someone can help. If it really doesn't have the ability to save I'm interested to know more. I have a save device that should handle saves for it and I'd be curious to test it and see if it works. If it does I could potentially make many jew golds by copying it or using the design to produce superior chink bootlegs.
>>
>>3724194
>i didn't read the post i relied to
Well that splains it

>>3724224
Stuff on sulit was mostly a bunch of resellers. They had good stock and prices that were cheap compared to US resellers. But they were still silly compared to other places in Asia. 99% of the individuals selling there just had xbox shit. Of course now it's complete shit.

>chasing girls
Are you horribly disfigured or something? I have to beat them off with a stick. inb4 you can actually beat off many of them because they have a stick.
>>
File: Untitled.png (21KB, 617x366px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
21KB, 617x366px
Impatiently waiting for my package to move...

>>3724258
I have a repro of Mother 3 and it's fine. Maybe it depends on the seller/factory.

>>3724330
Beyond those resellers you could find a bunch of random people with stuff brought in from various countries. Stuff OFWs sent in the balikbayan boxes back in the day. Speaking of xbox I found a fucking xbox dev kit on there last time I looked. How the fuck did that get there?

There are lots of easy girls yes, but they are mostly trashy. If they are desperate for foreign dick it's probably for financial reasons. I didn't understand that until like 1 year into my stay. I always say it's better to find a girl that never even thought of fucking a foreigner and convince her it's a good idea than to find one that's all over you. My first relationship with a Filipina was a disaster and my last one was a virgin when I met her and is now my fiancee.
>>
>>3724139
Please open up the cart and show us what it looks like inside. It may be possible to insert a battery pretty easily.
>>
File: IMG_0246_20170106_212728.jpg (303KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0246_20170106_212728.jpg
303KB, 900x1200px
My order from junfangames arrived a few days ago in China and was sent to me by the agent mentioned earlier in this thread. Can't wait to try them out. I'm pretty sure it'll take 2 weeks for it to arrive in the US.
>>
>>3724238
I don't wholly disagree, but Famiclones aren't really that bad. They certainly have better sound than those AtGames Genny-clones at the very least.
>>
>>3724683
see if you can update them without bricking
>>
>>3696492

they wouldn't happen to sell PS1/PS2 repros would they? I really wanna buy some of these repros honestly but I have to find a game I really wanna play
>>
>>3725678
You absolutely can. This has been confirmed by krikzz himself.
>>
>>3725719
CD repros aren't really a thing yet
>>
>>3725729

it's a fuckin shame, PS1 and PS2 have a great library and I'd love to play them on original hardware on my CRT, I'd buy Klonoa or something in a heartbeat, and the prices are skyrocketing too, I saw Silent Hill 2 for like 50 bux yesterday at my local retro shop. I told him I have a copy of MML2, he said $225. He also said "don't sell it, it'll be worth $300 before you know it."
>>
>>3725737
You're just gonna have to stick with swap discs or HDD boot. Also retail is known to gouge prices hard as shit don't take his word for anything just look up the current going prices on amazon and ebay to track the actual current values.
>>
>>3725747

oh yeah now that I look at it he's full of shit, huh, I really like these guys but it seems that they're just jacking up their own prices, one dude even mentioned that they were refusing to lower prices lately even if games aren't selling, maybe people around here are dumb enough to pay 225 for MML2
>>
>>3725719
just burn cd's and dvd's.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170108-135123.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170108-135123.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
Just bought pic related, NES 143-in-1 multicart. Anyone else have one? Will let you guys know how it goes once I get it

(Screenshot cause 4chan wouldn't let me upload original)
>>
>>3726049
I have lots of multis, but not that one. Looks like a rad selection of games.
>>
Has anyone bought one of these?

How is it? Does it support multiple saved games at a time, or just one?
>>
>>3726163
I have one on my wish list, but I assumed it was only one game at a time for saving. The engrish in the description sounded like it might be implying that.
>>
>>3726163
/vr/ should make a wiki that includes chink products
>>
>>3724354
I saw that dev kit as well. I'm guessing it got there when someone tried to setup a game development company there and it failed when all their equipment was "borrowed"

Every relationship with a Filipina will end up being a disaster. Virginity isn't a fix. I can say that from experience. Maybe if you found a girl who was the sole survivor of a flood that wiped out her entire village and was then educated over seas you'd have someone without all that baggage and a bit of common sense.

Congrats an your engagement. Welcome to hell.
>>
File: 20170108_134713.jpg (973KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170108_134713.jpg
973KB, 2560x1440px
Just for fun I decided to take a look inside this Trip World cart I got off Aliexpress, to see if I could figure out what's going on inside.

Top left chip:
http://www.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/pdf/55493/AMD/AM29LV160DT-90EC.html
2MB of flash memory. Seems simple enough.

Bottom left chip:
http://www.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/pdf/2439/MOSEL/V62C3161024L-70T.html
128KB of ultra-low power SRAM, obviously powered by the big-ass CR2025 up there. 128KB seems excessive for the GB, but whatever.

No idea what could be under that glop-top though. My only guess is it's something that functions similarly to the MBC in official Game Boy carts.

In any case I doubt this shit costs more than $1 to produce. Fairly good quality though, aside from the jizz-like soldering.
>>
>>3724139
Doesn't save unless it's left in the console..but you can turn off the console? What?
>>
>>3726851
He probably meant that it only saves as long as the console is powered on
>>
>>3725729
Top kek kid. Just because they stopped making them before you were born doesn't mean they aren't a thing "yet".
>>
>>3727014
Those required swap/mod chip though didn't they?
>>
>>3713568
Who is the guy you use? I buy from Ali all the time. But, have always wanted to give Taobao a try. I need a good agent like yours to trust.
>>
>>3727173
see
>>3700093
>>
>>3727124
Nope. Identical to an original except for the shitty printing on the top. Sure, there were also CD-Rs that needed swap/mod shit. I remember the stories about how they could cut the security rings off legit saturn discs with a laser and weld them to copies to do this. Obviously Edgars grandpappys work. kek
>>
>>3716578
It looks like it could be used for playing beatmania
>>
>>3727173
I used this agent >>3700093 and it's going so far like that anon said. You tell them what you want to buy from Taobao, they'll give you a quote, you pay, it arrives, they send pics >>3724683, arrange the shipping, and then wait. I'll post on here when they arrive. So far the process has been simple, and I was concerned about the language barrier.
>>
>>3727421
Messaged this agent, thanks to everybody for the advice. The GB Boy Colour has piqued my interest. I may wind up buying it on Aliexpress though, as it's only about $6 cheaper on taobao and I'm not sure how much that trouble is worth.
>>
>>3727271
>being this full of shit
>>
File: IMG_3377.jpg (36KB, 276x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3377.jpg
36KB, 276x400px
Does jungfangames ship the the United States?
>>
>>3727804
No, you have to go through an agent, that's the whole idea.
>>
File: IMG_2993.jpg (186KB, 650x432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2993.jpg
186KB, 650x432px
>>3727807
We'll the reason I asked was because I was doing a lot of googling and a lot of Reddit links came up. Some people seemed to be saying that some sellers will ship direct to the us. I also saw this post: https://www.reddit.com/r/FashionReps/comments/40pvkz/guide_how_to_order_from_taobao_from_outside_of/. Which seems to be a guide to having taobao act as you agent. So I'm also wondering if that guide will work for junfungames as well.
>>
>>3700865
It's actually real good but I've only played a friends. The D pad problem is an issue though as mentioned.

I still prefer GBA SP and don't mind the stretched screen so I have not bought a GB Boy Color.
>>
>>3727820
He won't ship outside of China. Many of the description pages for his items aren't even allowed to be viewed outside of China. It's part of his deal with krikzz. This activity should be considered grey market and an agent is definitely required.
>>
>>3699323
Anyone knows if this works on a Gameboy Adapter on Gamecube?

Also, for people that have bought from TaoBao... could you please link me to flashcarts for Snes, GBA and Nes? ill try to find an agent on Ebay with good reputation.
>>
>>3729210
Yes, it works. It has some issues compared to the everdrive (need to patch roms using their application before using them, need to reset to save, no real time clock.) But it's way cheaper ($20 instead of $70+)

For the SNES/NES/GBA everdrive/sd2snes look here:

http://junfangames.taobao.com/

For the ez flash iv:

https://world.taobao.com/item/529453258158.htm
>>
>>3727174
>>3727421
Much appreciated. I guess I'm all out of excuses to not use TaoBao. Thanks guys.
>>
>>3727775
>being this young and ignorant
>>
File: Poverty_gaming.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Poverty_gaming.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
A couple of bootlegs showed up. For under $4USD each shipped, I am enyjoying the novelty of the bootleg setup in my dungeon/sexnasium at this time. It will take about a half a year for me to save up to order those junfangames sd2snes and mega x7 combo from the largest Chinatown in the world.
>>
>>3729778
Why would you bother buying a flashcart for a retron? May as well go for a retropie.
>>
>>3729801
I think poorfag-kun has real consoles, that's just his bootleg zone. He has previously stated that he's not into 'mixing' bootlegs with his real hardware. Not to mention that using a flashcart on a hardware clone is still more legit than a RetroPi rig.
>>
>>3729823
Not really when they're both using the same emulators.
>>
File: Why_not_have_fun.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Why_not_have_fun.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
>>3729801
Contrary to popular belief, I actually do have fun playing games. This bootleg system is a hardware clone and not just software emulators, so the Super Retro Trio does support the flashcarts, and if the Chinese ones are comparable to the Ukrainian ones, it would be nice to play a variety of games. The individual bootlegs, does provide an ASMR feeling with the clacking of cartridges along with the sensations of inserting a game (turning the system on with no load times right into a game). I already have a couple dedicated emulation devices dumbphone and side computer.
>>
File: Living_in_filth.jpg (651KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
Living_in_filth.jpg
651KB, 2592x1944px
>>3729823
Yeah, I did state earlier in >>3704192
that I am adverse to doing so, I am considering sacrificing one of these Super Game Boys into my bootleg console as a "condom" for Gameboy games, only because I have two of them. Maybe if I could ever afford two flash carts, might I consider one for the actual systems and one for the bootleg system. Admittedly I've been jealous of those RetroPi builds people do with aftermarket parts: https://youtu.be/dV-W23lONI4

>>3729905
Well, the clone system I have I don't think uses the same emulator. It is supposedly a bunch of hardware clones, like a Nintendo on a chip, Genesis on a chip, etc. As described here: https://youtu.be/i9y12oIwCE0
>>
>>3724683
Does that SD2SNES support MSU-1?
>>
>>3729905
>>3729914 and I are correct. They are hardware clones, not software emulators. Very few clone consoles actually use software emulation. It's way more expensive to do then a SoaC.
>>
>>3729926
Probably not.
>>
https://world.taobao.com/item/541375172123.htm

Is this... a chinese clone of the Rhea? Or a real one?
>>
>>3725737
I bought a modded PS1 for quite cheap on eBay and I can burn any game I want to a disc and play on og hardware. I'm sure if you look hard enough you can find one.
>>
>>3729906
>Xperia Play

My nigga
>>
>>3729906
>>3729914
Oh, sorry. Didn't know Retron actually made hardware clones.
>>
>>3730409
It's totally cool hombre, it's a common misconception. Both kinds exist; SoaC clones are just way, way cheaper and more common. And they're also real hardware in a way that a software emulator cannot be, so that's why I said they're marginally 'more legit'.
>>
File: Anyone_up_for_a_game.jpg (672KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
Anyone_up_for_a_game.jpg
672KB, 2592x1944px
>>3730409
The company which makes the Retron, Hyperkin, did make hardware clones with the Retron 1, 2, and 3, but their 5 system switched over to be an android based stolen emulation/frontend machine. So the 5 was shit in my eyes, plus it was not affordable, unlike the Retrobit Super Retro Trio which was $50USD (and I will admit that too was a regret purchase, only somewhat justified by my now purchase of cheap Chinese bootleg games in >>3729778 image).

I will say that Hyperkin does make a 6-button Genesis controller called the GN6 available in a USB or DB9 (Genesis, Master System, 2600 port) which is 95% close to a real US Sega Genesis controller. That is superior to those Chinese bootleg "Fighting Putt" which is 2% like the real thing (possibly some of the worst controllers I've used), funny enough that video I linked earlier about the clone consoles shows off a "Fighting Putt" when talking about a Genesis 6-button pad about 08:39 in (which is godawful and surprising the guy compliments it).

So bootleg Chinese /vr/ stuff are hit and miss to me.
>>
>>3729801
Maybe he doesn't want buggy shit that's even more shit for SNES?
>>
File: lan hikari 3.png (24KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
lan hikari 3.png
24KB, 128x128px
>>3730567
>tfw no retro gaming friends
>always buy 2 controllers for my consoles
>no one ever play games with me
>>
>>3730567
Thanks for the recommendation on the GN6. I bought the fighting putt for $4 because I didn't want to pay $20 for a used 6 button controller, it was shit but at least it allowed me to test the Genesis I bought. $10 seems a little bit more reasonable.
>>
File: Super UFO Pro 8.jpg (108KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Super UFO Pro 8.jpg
108KB, 600x600px
Is pic related any good as a flash cart? Just for standard SNES games, don't care about any special chips.
>>
>>3730874
https://www.emuparadise.me/reviews/SuperUFO/

found a review on google in 2 seconds
>>
>>3730874
Buy an SD2SNES Super Nintendo flash cart from krikzz's website for only $197.00USD.
It supports a wide range of SNES enhancement chips including DSP1, 2, 3, 4, Cx4, and MSU-1 for CD quality audio to be injected in SNES games, and it will also support the oft-requested SA-1 and Super FX enhancement chips in the near future with new downloadable updates which are only available on official krikzz flash carts.
>>
>>3731324
This is partially incorrect. Updates work fine for non-krikzz carts. The SD2SNES project is open source and anybody can build one if they want. Ikari has no interest in putting in updates that will brick clone carts like krikzz does. These carts tend not to have the MSU-1 chip though so that feature will be missing.
>>
>>3731324
He said he doesn't care about chips and you go on talking about chips????????
>>
File: 1481446758933.gif (935KB, 200x154px) Image search: [Google]
1481446758933.gif
935KB, 200x154px
>>3731324
>$197
>not buying chinese version of an open source piece of hardware
>not reading posts before replying to them
>>
>>3731578
>that .gif
If the power wasn't out, I would post my pristine pixel version.
>>
>>3732036
nice post, friend
>>
>>3732040
Whatever it takes to keep this alive
>>
>>3731640
hahaha it is pretty awful
>>
Still waiting for my package to leave Suzhou EMS
>>
>>3734291
On the other hand this GBA multicart I ordered off aliexpress is moving right along
>>
File: Untitled.png (23KB, 622x471px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
23KB, 622x471px
>>3734324
Forgot pic
>>
Anything worth picking up on Taobao? My father-in-law is coming home from China in a few weeks so I could avoid the whole needing an agent deal, but I don't normally look for stuff there.
>>
>>3735318
Flash cards
>>
>>3735318
Hit up junfangames on taobao
>>
File: Package.png (176KB, 2136x1104px) Image search: [Google]
Package.png
176KB, 2136x1104px
>>3734326
Your package is moving pretty quickly.
Mine just got out of Customs today after almost a week.
>>
>>3735484
My package is moving pretty quickly. Your mom is enjoying it. Don't come up stairs for at least 10 minutes.
>>
File: P_20170113_191149.jpg (1MB, 4096x2304px) Image search: [Google]
P_20170113_191149.jpg
1MB, 4096x2304px
So, one of $2 pads I've ordered has arrived. No surprise here - it's feels very cheap. White plastic is glossy, buttons have wrong form, feel too tight and clicky too. Plus it's slightly lighter. But hey, it works. Had to place a piece of paper under AB, though, circuit board holds on one screw, so it was moving when I pressed buttons.
I regret my life choices, I don't even need a Nes pad.
>>
>>3696492
>buying chink shit
>implying you arn't gonna get fucked in your purchase.
>>
>>3737028
I've never got fucked over by Chinese sellers. I got shitty goods on a couple occasions but it wasn't /vr/ related and it was so cheap it didn't matter. Sometimes things didn't show up before the aliexpress purchase protection ended, in these cases I got it for free.

Every /vr/ related thing I got has been perfect so far.
>>
File: 20161219_012307.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20161219_012307.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
>>3730727
No, I am the same way. My friends are all scattered to the winds, and the time we played the games were great. They'd all still love to play together again, but being poor means I can never host nor bring the games/controllers to them. We can't even play online together, because of the varying platforms and preferences; on our own, we each can choose what we uniquely feel like playing (say a single player RPG, while others may want to MMO, another working on developing skills in a fighting game) on their own time/schedule, whereas when together, we'd easily just join in the fun in synchronicity.

>>3730749
Yeah, the GN6 is pretty close. I can feel the subtle differences, like the non-textured d-pad or the lighter weight as they shaved off even more of the silicone to save on materials (thus the inner parts are not replacement parts for actual Sega Genesis 6-button pads). Thus, I say it is 95% close, but there is still some very faint differences to a US Sega Genesis 6-button pad I can actually feel that most will not notice at all. It's just how things are now when companies need to save on materials/product.

>>3730176
My most recent order from OP's site is a set of new replacement screen protectors for my dumbphone. Under $2 shipped for a set of 6, will be good to replace the dirty one in all my pics. I also notice they have a ton of replacement parts for it, I am considering replacing the whole shell to take away all the bumps/bruises/scratches accumulated over all these years, maybe once I save enough money.
Chinese factories can produce something of higher quality in theory, but somewhere someone always finds the need to cut costs. I can not afford games, but I do enjoy them, so I have to settle for this bottom of the barrel China quality stuff now. It is the only balance I can achieve at this time.
>>
>>3737028
Yeah, keep thinking that way, leave the chink shit to the ones who can really appreciate it.
>>
>>3737214
My only complaint about the gn6 is that the d pad tends to hurt my thumb if I press down on it too hard. On the fighting putt you can push so hard it feels like it will break.
>>
>>3737012
You got the same exact pad as me lol But I paid $5 cause I got it from new jersey on ebay (Came within a week) I taped a thin piece of plastic on mine, Dpad sorta sucked, got it a bit better, it will still happen where I go to jump off a wall in ninja gaiden and he doesn't leave for whatever reason.

Also I taped 2 nickels to the inside back of it to add some weight, did this also to my buffalo snes controller.
>>
>>3730874
I went ahead and bought one from Amazon. It seems to work pretty well, at least on the few games I tried it with. Loading times aren't too bad and it has worked without problems for everything I've tried.
>>
Anyone try an RS-1 game prince? It's like a $15 handheld nes clone
>>
My sd2snes from junfangames is arriving today. I should be able to post a review soon. The weird thing is that the USPS tracking never updated when it left China, it just showed up somewhere in Illinois then arrived in my town. Very odd. The GBA multicart I ordered updated when it hit customs though.
>>
What about fake gba flashcarts? Are they worth a shit when buying on Ali?
>>
>>3743376
You ordered it too? Nice, keep us posted about how it works and all. My sd2snes and Mega EverDrive X7 from junfangames are arriving today too. Tracking was odd for me too, it didn't really update when it was in China though.
>>
>>3743725
EZ Flash IV isn't exactly "fake", it's cheap and worth purchasing. I mentioned some of the pros and cons of it here:

>>3718934
>>
>>3743725
Like what >>3743729 said, it's cheap enough and worth getting. I've had my ez flash iv for a few years now, always worked fine for me. Just make sure to use their client to patch the roms and you're good. Build quality is hit or miss, mine is fine but the one my friend ordered feels a bit looser, but still holds up for him. Overall has been great for me.
>>
>>3743736
Mine is super loose but I like it because it makes it easier to access the micro sd card slot. I can actually hold it up to a light source and make sure I'm lining it up right.
>>
File: 1426545947565.jpg (47KB, 330x319px) Image search: [Google]
1426545947565.jpg
47KB, 330x319px
>>3698832
>>
>>3743737
They use micro sd now? Cool. I have the version that takes mini SD but its a pain using a micro sd with mini adapter. Hard to remove the card. Never knew they changed it to micro sd.
>>
>>3737214
you say you flip burgers but that's an awful nice looking counter top.

stop giving us false hope you millionaire jerk ass
>>
>>3743742
Yeah that's what the IV model is, just a redesign for Micro SD.
>>
File: EZ-IV.jpg (52KB, 301x178px) Image search: [Google]
EZ-IV.jpg
52KB, 301x178px
>>3743746
This is the one I have. Ez flash iv but with mini SD. You're right, guess they just redesigned it to take micro sd.
>>
Finally got it and everything seems to be working fine. I struggled with installing the battery at first, I'll post a helpful picture for anyone else who bought one.
>>
See how the top pins are lifted? You have the top ones up like that and the bottom ones pushed down.
>>
>>3696492
Don't buy pirated shit. The VALUE of what you are getting is nothing compared to the genuine cart. No collector or game store buys pirated stuff. No value. You are just shoveling coins to chinese. You get suckered. Amazon & Ebay has tons of fake / chinese goods. Its always better to buy the real thing from a dealer to avoid getting ripped off!
>>
>>3743923
For me the value of an item comes from how much enjoyment I can get out of it. Not how much I can resell it for once I'm broke and desperate for cash.
>>
File: If_only_I_had_devil_robot_hands.jpg (2MB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
If_only_I_had_devil_robot_hands.jpg
2MB, 2304x1728px
>>3739083
Wow, as I said the GN6 is pretty close to a real US Sega Genesis 6-button controller. So if the d-pad hurts you, a real one is only slightly better. Even though it is not for me and I don't like them, I suppose what you may really be looking for is the Madcatz fightpads which does feature a soft almost rubber-like plastic for the d-pad. It is very soft feeling, but to me somewhat "inaccurate" possibly due to the large surface area (I main charge characters like Nash, Guile, Dictator so I hold a direction quite a bit to charge and find my thumb starts sliding further to the edge and will have to "travel" more to the opposite direction to execute). Note Madcatz released 2 variations: the first ones (SF4) are much larger than the second release (SFxT). I am not sure if those are in production anymore, and I don't think there are any bootleg Chinese imitation 3rd party controllers. The Fighting Putt cheap at least and easily replaceable.

>>3743704
>>3743726
How long ago did you guys order? I am guessing they rush delivered the items because according to google, Chinese New Year is coming up at the end of this month, which I am guessing is like a month-long Chinese equivalent to Cinco de Mayo where they do no work. So I guess no orders will reasonably be fulfilled for at least the next month or so.

>>3743745
I believe that's what the proprietors of my workplace like to have customers think, with good looking tables. They probably paid more for a table than a day of work for me, also maybe they do their job better than I ever could doing mine as I'm more likely sooner replaced than the table. There is no hope, as I suspect the lotteries are rigged alongside the ridiculous odds, therefore I'll never be a millionaire.
>>
>>3744002
My sd2snes was shipped on the 22nd of December. The gba multicart was later. They came from different cities and I'm guessing one was more backed up than the other.
>>
>>3697543
It's a Chinese website where sellers have plentiful stock of US games which sell for $100+ a time but they're selling for a couple of bucks. And you have to ask if they're bootlegs...
>>
Just got around to testing this multi cart I bought for my cousin. It works good, with multiple save files at once even. I got this SD card off ebay for $3, the loading on sd2snes is instantaneous. Haven't tried loading any MSU-1 stuff yet. I will update when I do.
>>
>>3704192
Mate, they're just hunks of plastic and circuitry.
>>
It seems that the MSU-1 on the junfangames version of sd2snes does indeed work!
>>
File: Nintendoit.png (988KB, 556x738px) Image search: [Google]
Nintendoit.png
988KB, 556x738px
>>3743923
Fortunately, I am not looking to sell to a collector nor game store. I've been screwed over and offered practically nothing the few times I had tried to sell something to a "collector" and game stores; that's why I hung on to most of what I already have as I get more value in playing what I enjoy than the feeling of being robbed. Trust me, I would love to have the authentic real games, but I cannot afford them (and yes, I do play on emulation too) and I definitely cannot afford the krikzz flash carts, the games I posted on >>3729778 cost me under $8 total shipped, so even if the Chinese sellers suckered me, the sting of the loss of an hour's work is nowhere near as much as my experience with the "collector" I sold to. I still got the clacking sound of cartridges and immediate joy from playing the pirated games but I seriously doubt someone will sell me a real Panorama Cotton nor Twinkle Tale at a reasonable price. Besides, the bootlegs are obvious bootlegs from the shell, label, and likely the board too so I have no worry it'll pollute the pool of actual games. I won't sell the bootlegs, in fact I think it may be more fun for me to destroy them (hammer, fire, etc.) if I tire of my bootleg setup, which is also guilt free fun.

>>3743927
This! Granted I am pretty close to the desperate for cash ...

>>3744051
>>3744105
Great news! I got to get to saving. I have time as my co-worker's parents are coming in sometime this summer. Though knowing my luck, Trump may have an issue with them coming over and me getting those flash carts and they'll get confiscated or something at customs.

>>3744063
Yeah, but they are MY hunks of plastic and circuitry. That's what makes them so special to me.
>>
>>3743729
>>3718934
>>3743736
Thanks! So it's pretty finnicky with save game management then, huh? Might take that into consideration.
>>
>>3744197
Yup, you just have to remember to patch every rom and restart your gba to write the file to the SD card after saving. Other major problem is that there is no real time clock for gen 3 Pokemon. Fire Red and Leaf Green don't use it so you can play those just fine.
>>
File: IMG_20170117_172505.jpg (3MB, 2992x4000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170117_172505.jpg
3MB, 2992x4000px
Got my order from junfangames in. I'll set them up tonight, but they look really nice. I expected them to look and feel like shit compared to the official ones I bought from Krikzz before. Does the sd2snes need a 2032 battery?
>>
>>3744780
They're probably both going to need batteries. The taobao agent removes them to comply with shipping regulations.
>>
>>3744780
Does this mega everdrive use micro sd cards or regular ones?
>>
File: IMG_20170117_185059~01.jpg (2MB, 2499x2737px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170117_185059~01.jpg
2MB, 2499x2737px
>>3744810
Yeah they needed batteries. I put a 2032 into the sd2snes just now, but does anybody know what type of battery the X7 uses? It's smaller than 2032.
>>
>>3744891
Just checked, it's micro sd.
>>
>>3744893
>>3744905
Thanks. Judging by this picture it's CR2022
>>
Anyone have a pic of a red shantae repro opened up thanks in advanced
>>
>>3744906
It's not CR2022, they're too large. I found out it uses CR1220. Unfortunately can't find them locally, guess I'll get them on Amazon.
>>
>>3745216
Looks like it might need to be soldered in too
>>
>>3744105
Can anyone confirm this with Super Road Blaster or something? This would seal the deal for me.
>>
>>3744152

>MY hunks of plastic and circuitry

Christ, m8.
>>
>>3744002

You have neat handwriting...except that lowercase H thing. Yeah I'm being autistic.
>>
>>3745725
I'll try it out as soon as I can get it downloaded
>>
How much did you guys pay for your knock off everdrives? I checked aliexpress, but they don't seem to be much cheaper then the krikzz sites everdrives.
>>
>>3745937
It's better to get the junfangames versions than the knock offs. I got my sd2snes from him for $100. All the everdrives he sells are official yet cost a lot less. Lots of info about it in this thread.
>>
>>3745725
Yup it works. I have FMV going on my Super Famicom right now.
>>
>>3745961
Cool, can you take a picture? Sorry, I'm being paranoid.
>>
>>3745989
>>
>>3745997
Thanks, that's awesome. Looks like I'll be getting one soon.
Can someone briefly explain the agent thing to me? From what I understand, you hire/buy an agent through eBay, tell them what to buy and ship to you, and they they charge you shipping and a fee. Is this correct?
>>
>>3746010
You'll probably contact them outside of eBay. I talk to mine through Skype. I found him through an eBay listing, his feedback was good so I gave him a shot and thankfully both transactions have been smooth. You will give him a link to the item and your payment, after it arrives at his place he will send a picture of it and ship it out.
>>
>>3746015
OK, so you don't actually purchase the item? You just message the seller?
>>
>>3746075
Yup. You can purchase it after the transaction to give them feedback if you like.
>>
>>3746089
Alright. Thanks for the help.
>>
I'm this anon, >>3744780, I did this and it basically went like this >>3746015, the only thing I did differently was buy the agent's 99 cent ebay listing just to document who it was and to leave feedback when the order arrived. Overall it was worth it. I got the sd2snes and Mega EverDrive x7 for about $150-160 less than buying the same from Krikzz's website. Plus it's official so it takes the updates fine and all on everdrives. Definitely worth looking into.
>>
File: 20170118_150302.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20170118_150302.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
Another bootleg just came in. This one was just under $4.50USD shipped. Obviously as you can see, it lacks a battery, so it does not save. Not a big deal to me, as it is only for my bootleg setup, for emulation already can give me the Wily Tower. I will say, playing it with SNES-styled controllers on a CRT feel so right. As a note for the pic, you have to add about 10% more to the listed price for the final price of stuff in my area for taxes (in my area, listed prices do not include taxes); I have that ad to show similar items in the price range.

>>3744036
Of my bootlegs I purchased, with the cheapest possible shipping (because I don't care with these cheap ass bootlegs), it varies from surprisingly fast to still waiting. I still wonder how shipping from halfway around the world costs me less than shipping to a neighboring state. Good to know your items are not affected by the incoming Chinese New Year.

>>3745320
This is scaring me away from the Chinese x7. I understand they dont want thier live grenades to damage the hull of the transport vessel.

>>3745745
There's sentimental value to my stuff, and I cannot divorce that from them at this time. Maybe someday I will gain enlightenment and detatch myself from my worldly possessions, but not now because I want to indugle in the pleasure.

>>3745749
Thanks, the H is just there to avoid confusion with a W for the way I write. Typing is easier but less personal for pics.
>>
>>3746248
You could probably tape it down too if you're scared of soldering. I was thinking of sending it to one of those guys on ebay that replaces batteries, they do it pretty cheap. Only problem with that is that I want to play with my stuff the moment it arrives!
>>
File: _20170118_170908.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
_20170118_170908.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
For the anon wondering about the RS-1 game prince handheld console, I got mine.
The colors are a little muddy but the screen is crisp, the buttons are just a little better than what you'd expect from a $15 handheld, so not bad. But my big complaint is that they swapped A and B around which isn't too big if a deal but it makes playing games like the original Mario really awkward. The D-Pad also isn't a true D-Pad but rather 4 buttons, but it's not as bad as it sounds. As for the games inside it has a lot of good ones like Nuts and Milk, Ninja Garden, Garage, Tetris, and Bomberman.
I got this thing to play on transit, and it seems like a choice for $15, got what I paid for, and it surprisingly feels sturdy enough. I got mine off amazon.
>>
>>3746402
I'm a fucking phoneposter. I meant Galaga and Ninja Gaiden. Although it does have an NES bootleg of plants vs zombies.
>>
I read somewhere there's an adapter that allows you to plug your snes controller into your wiimote and use it as a classic controller, but I couldn't find any on aliexpress. Any tips?
>>
>>3696492
i have a few megadrive repros on order. didnt spend more than 5 bucks on any of them, the originals would set me back $150-500 a piece. Sure I couldve just gotten an everdrive but. eh. i like having things.
>>
>>3747482
I see all this talk about jufangames and taobao, but I'd rather buy on aliexpress since I already have experience with it (plus buying thorug an agent seems like too much hassle for me, say what you want). So, how do I get a famicom everdrive on aliexpress? I see a lot of "custom game" listings, but how do I know what I'm getting? I guess you can ask the seller before buying, but what's with all the secrecy with everdrives? It's not like they are not already selling loads of bootlegs and repros on the site. I don't believe it's a legal issue.
>>
>>3747523
For whatever reason AE pulled all the everdrives. the listing you posted it probably for everdrive, just message the seller, they're all happy to sell you whatever you want if they have it in stock.
>>
Is there an affordable flashcart for gameboy color on Ali? I am about to pull the trigger on a used GBC on Ebabe but 40 bucks for a gb memory 64m is a bit much
>>
>>3747523
when i said i could just get an everdrive i was just speaking in general, I haven't seen any on AE. Sorry for the mixup.
>>
>>3747598
That screenshot you posted is a covert EverDrive listing from AE. They're on there.
>>
>>3747589
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Custom-Game-for-8bits-16bits-32bits-64bits/927177_32723537278.html

It's $53 with microsd memory, I think that you really won't find a flashcart below $40, maybe used.
>>
Thinking about buying a Retro-Bit Super Retro Trio because I'm a poorfag and retro systems in my country are come by cheap (Plus it's PAL territory too, I'll like to be able to play NTSC Games as well).
Is it worth it /vr/?
>>
>>3747719
I'd recommend importing NTSC systems. US Genesis, Japanese Super Famicom and Famicom. If you're going to spend actual money on games or flash carts it's worth having the real hardware. It goes for pretty cheap and since you're in PAL territory you'll probably be able to properly enjoy SCART output.
>>
>>3747723
Shipping really going to fuck with me as I'm down in New Zealand and everything's nearly $200+ to get down here
>>
>>3747729
I know there's one seller in Australia on eBay that deals in Japanese Super Famicoms and has decent prices. It might be worth looking but the Super Retro Trio is going to cost you the same as the Super Famicom alone so it depends on how much of a poorfag you actually are.
>>
File: IMG_20170118_232630~01.jpg (2MB, 2542x2027px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170118_232630~01.jpg
2MB, 2542x2027px
>>3744893
>>3744906
>>3746248
My CR1220 batteries came in. No soldering required, just pop the battery in. Not bad. Working fine.
>>
>>3747774
Nice to know. I hope I can order one of those next month since I just bought a genesis. Next on the list after that is the AV Famicom.
>>
Finally got my GB Boy Color in, took longer than I'm used to, but it is pretty damn rad. I'll try and upload some pictures to-morrow. Only complaint is that it freezes after like 3 minutes of play with my Cosmo Tank cartridge that works fine in my GBA and Pocket...
>>
>>3747523
>>3747687
WTF? That seller only ships via EMS. So, the price of shipping alone is $40.17 to the USA! Unreal. Why can't he just use China Post like everyone else? Asshole probably has a monopoly on AliExpress.
>>
>>3749453
Dunno, I see "Free Shipping via Swiss Post", I'm not in the States, though.
>>
>>3747687
Anyone got any experience with chink flashcarts for the gameboy? I'd love to hear a quick review of how well it works.
>>
>>3743923

I bought an Alien Soldier repro for $5 and it was worth every penny. By all means go ahead and waste hundreds of dollars on the real cart for the exact same experience, it doesn't bother me.
>>
I used to have an Ez flash IV like 7 years ago or so, loved it, had gba, gb, gbc, nes, game gear/master system games.

Then one day playing Tony Hawk 2 for gba, when I went to reset it, it bricked itself and never came back.
>>
File: -86770318925850230.jpg (323KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
-86770318925850230.jpg
323KB, 800x800px
How shit is pic related? I'm thinking of buying it with a flashcard. Should I just get an original for more bucks? Also inb4
>just emulate
>>
>>3749623
SNES Clones are known to be nearly perfect, Famiclones are passible in most cases, but far less spot-on. Speaking from experiemce with Famiclones, they tend to have off-sound and some compatibility issues. That said, they are insanely cheap, reliable, and in production as we speak, so I think they're a solid alternative on a budget. Also I think the one you posted it a rebadged YOBO, which is my personal favorite clone console manufacturer. I'm a proponent of clone consoles overall, go for it imho.
>>
>>3749547
Did you try another SD card? Also re-downloading the shell.
>>
>>3749453
On the other hand if you used the taobao agent you would be given four different shipping options and have the pros and cons of each laid out for you. That in addition to getting an authentic product that can actually be updated. It might seem like a lot of work but getting ripped off because you couldn't take a few minutes out of your day to talk to someone is a terrible alternative.
>>
>>3749686
Yeah, yeah we get it, you're a taobao agent.
>>
>>3749698
I'm not, also I'd tell you to use any agent you want. There are also some sites out there that take a more automated approach to it. You probably won't get as good of a deal with it and I can't recommend you one because I've never tried it but if you're more comfortable with that I'd tell you to try it and report back to the thread with your experience. Has to be better than $40 EMS shipping, I was offered that for $20 from my agent. I went with the sub $5 epacket shipping because I'm a cheap ass.
>>
>>3696492

Bought a repro Pokemon Red cart for $4 off ebay, the plastic case over the chip bulges because of the battery but it works and I can even use it with Pokemon Stadium with the Transfer Pak.
>>
File: DSCN1412.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN1412.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I just purchased three more snes repros from Ali. They aren't my first (see >>3705168
) and I picked the same seller so I know the quality is going to be solid enough for the price. I went with Super Bomberman, Magical Pop N and Adventures of Batman and Robin. The originals are stupidly expensive and it's not something I care for, at least for these certain titles. I just thoroughly enjoy playing games on original hardware.
>>
File: Another_Princess.jpg (543KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
Another_Princess.jpg
543KB, 2592x1944px
>>3747719
As one with the bootleg setup seen in >>3729778 and I initially considered it a mistake purchase >>3704128 but I have grown to enjoy it with the bootleg games. However, please be aware that the Super Retro Trio only outputs regular composite and S-video (NES is composite only, or composite sent through S-video, and the Genesis/Mega Drive S-video does have "jailbars," alternating darker/lighter vertical lines, so it may not connect up directly to a modern display well. I know the difficulties of being poor, so emulation is still what I would highly recommend for cost effectiveness and enjoyment.

My Super Retro Trio setup is a sort of experiment: imagining what it would be like if I were less fortunate and had my Christmas ruined by being gifted a shit console from a non-caring family, could I still enjoy gaming? That is why I call my Super Retro Trio setup (old no-name CRT and bootleg games) my dungeon. The system cost me $60USD, nothing for the TV, and I spent less than $20USD on the aliexpress bootlegs, I had found I can still have fun, but I would not recommend others be as wasteful as I am. The 2nd video posted >>3729914 covers the clone console well, but know that the system has no value, no one in their right mind would pay for it, so there is no cost recuperation so one will have to be at peace with the burning of money. Yes, poverty has caused my brain damage. That all said, I feel emulation clears the hurdles of video output, regional differences, and cost so it's most recommended for your situation (gaming prices ridiculously out of control).

>>3747774
That's great news! Gives me the go-ahead to save for junfangames.

>>3749529
>>3751253
Magical Pop'n was a game I discovered through emulation, and it was so good, I had to get the real thing. The $76 shipped (most I ever paid for cart only) was the cost back then, and there were no repros/bootlegs of it at that time. I am still glad to have it. Can't get emotional about bootlegs tho.
>>
>>3749641
You should have let him know that SFX chip games dont work
>>
>>3752247
Where do you live?
>>
>>3704229
I want to tickle these feet
>>
>>3712324
Who did you get Chrono Trigger from? the one I got seems to have an infinite money cheat permanently turned on.
>>
>>3696492
haha
>>
got my super everdrive from aliexpress
works great
dont listen to krikkz shills
>>
>>3753402
thank you
i got everdrive from aliexpress too
works great!
>>
>>3753402
Try updating it
>>
Got my knock off Mega Driver. Works good for Genesis and SMS games. Sadly it does not work as a Sega CD ram cart which is what I was hoping for.

May end up selling it and having to buy a real one.
>>
>>3753997
Look into the junfangames one, you can get real ones there for a lower price. Just make sure you pick a model that actually supports that feature.
>>
File: Arr_matey.jpg (476KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
Arr_matey.jpg
476KB, 2592x1944px
I too just got in the knockoff Genesis/Mega Drive flash cart for my bootleg setup (I still intend on getting the x7 and SD2SNES for the real hardware + addons, this is just for fun with the clone/bootleg console). It took about 2.5 weeks to ship from China to here. I got it from the link posted by >>3697714 because it was the cheapest at $30 shipped (the SNES one is costly so I avoided that one, for the clone console as it is not my intention to spend so much for it). The 8GB microSD the seller thrown in already has almost all the ROMs for Gen/MD and SMS on it (but I think the seller's set defaulted Gen/MD world ROMs to Euro and that needs splitting up to see all the pages, silly Chinese should know better that America is the central country of the world). Unlike the individual bootlegs, where turning on the system loads the game instantly, there can be loading on this knockoff flash cart lasting up to around 38 seconds (if it has to unload and load a new ROM). On the flipside, with this cart, it can make saves, unlike the MegaMan: The Wily Wars bootleg. Downside with the knockoff Genesis flash cart is that I cannot update its firmware, but at this point I see no need to for the bootleg setup. Genesis/MD games don't have much in special chips, so there probably not much incompatibility I will contend with. At least for the last 24 hours, it did not blow up. Sad that even bootlegs are subject to the Nintendo tax.

>>3752280
United States ... sadly not in a location blessed by Google, so I am subject to third world internet.

>>3753997
There's also this fanmade item. It's Canadian!
http://db-electronics.ca/product/sega-cd-ultra-backup-ram/
>>
File: toph_bei_fong_by_sorel_amy.jpg (547KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
toph_bei_fong_by_sorel_amy.jpg
547KB, 800x1200px
>>3752906
That is pretty strange, considering the traits of the character portrayed in cosplay.
>>
>>3754015
Looks like it's $102 for the X5. Not that bad considering a ram cart is over half that usually. Still a bit expensive.
It comes with the shell right? The first picture just shows the board.
>>
File: bootlegffvi.jpg (344KB, 2048x1508px) Image search: [Google]
bootlegffvi.jpg
344KB, 2048x1508px
>>3696492
i got this off ebay. works fine. i haven't played it in a while but i was able to play through it at least 1 1/2 times. i'm pretty sure the save still works, though; it's a few years old.
>>
>>3754083
That's for the x7. It should come with a shell, one of the pictures shows it.
Another anon ordered the bundle with that and the sd2snes and it did.
>>
File: IMG_20170122_021759~01~01.jpg (4MB, 2992x2336px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170122_021759~01~01.jpg
4MB, 2992x2336px
Forgot to mention, the Mega EverDrive X7 I ordered from junfangames let me update it. Glad it's official. I was sorta worried it wouldn't let me. It's been working great for the last few days.
>>
>>3754537
Oh God the picture I took sucks, please excuse how shit it looks haha.
>>
>>3752262
I was fairly certain they did work on SNES clones.
>>
>>3753982
No reason to do so, they usually ship with the latest firmware and Krikzz gave up on writing new updates anyway.
>>
>>3754176
Is this the link to the X5? Google Translations says "SEGA MD Sega Five generations of the first generation of the US version of the flash card"
https://world.taobao.com/item/43741635130.htm

I don't see anything about the Sega CD Ram cart usage though.
>>
>>3747687
Anyone ever tried the gameboy one? Any reports on what it is and how well it works?
>>
I've purchased a variety of repros from AliExpress and generally have no issues, but one of the most recent genesis ones I bought doesn't work at all. It boots to the TMSS logo screen, but black screen after that. I keep my system clean and every other game (legit or not) works on it without issue.

I tried to open a dispute to at least get my money back (fuck shipping it back to them on my own dime) but they want visual evidence that it doesn't work. How do I prove that in photo form? Just take a picture of a black screen next to the Genesis? Honestly it only cost $4 so I'm not too broken up over it, but I feel like I should at least do my part as a consumer to get something back.
>>
>>3754897
Photo or video upload to jewtube and link them
>>
Dunno if it's technically /vr/ related, but I just got a GPD XD from AliExpress to play retro stuff on.

Works like a dream, I dunno why everyone complains about the input delay when that is simply fixed by changing the GPU Copy Mode in the settings of whatever emulator you're using.

I don't find the D-Pad to be bad either like some people do.
>>
File: IMG_20170123_073554557.jpg (1MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170123_073554557.jpg
1MB, 2592x1456px
Here's my collection of chink shit. I'm pretty satisfied with it, everything works fine. Any suggestions on what else I should get? I'm thinking of getting Live A Live. I'd also like to try one of the N64 repros they have now, but there isn't really anything interesting right now, besides that Master Quest one, but meh. I'm hoping they come up with more interesting 64 stuff in the future.
>>
>>3754628
That's a different seller, not junfangames so it won't be legit. It's a clone. No idea if they actually cloned the x5
>>
>>3754897
You're protected under AliPay, so as >>3754901
said just make a phone video of it not booting and send it their way.
>>
>>3754154
If I ever got that cart I'd be pissed if it turned out that Edward, Rosa, and Rydia weren't hacked in.
>>
>>3755597
It doesn't seem to matter really anyways. No idea how to register for that site. $110 for the x7 seems like a good deal.

It just sucks how many games for the Sega CD won't even load without enough ram. Like Road Rash.
>>
>>3756058
you have to order through a middle-man since it's a china-only site.
>>
>>3756073
Well fuck I have no idea what I did but they charged my credit card.
They never asked for an email when attempting to sign up, only phone. Will they not ship to my address or do I need to cancel?

I used google translate so I am not really sure what the process is but it had US as a shipping area.
>>
File: Alipay.png (40KB, 1042x240px) Image search: [Google]
Alipay.png
40KB, 1042x240px
>>3756228
Actually Alipay is who I paid. I guess they are getting it shipped to them first? I accidentally had attempted to order one before so I had to canceled the second one.
>>
File: monopolyman.jpg (561KB, 800x793px) Image search: [Google]
monopolyman.jpg
561KB, 800x793px
>>3712371
Always dispute shit if there's only a day or two left on aliexpress before time runs out. Ask for your money back and say you didn't receive it. If you feel generous you can have them give more time to ship but often you'll get your money back.
>>
File: everdrive snes.png (51KB, 778x389px) Image search: [Google]
everdrive snes.png
51KB, 778x389px
>>3699158
Why is it 100 bucks more?

And why is krikzz such a jew?
>>
>>3756265
If you put your address etc it should be fine.
>>
>>3756336
I don't know but I got my sd2snes from junfangames for only $100. No way I would pay that kind of money for an obsolete flash cart.
>>
>>3756336
>And why is krikzz such a jew?
You know, He apparently lives in the Ukraine, and he does put in the work to create this shit. All China does is rip off and copy the hard work white people do, so he's entitled to make a bit of bank on this. I doubt he makes as much as you think he does. He's probably not a multi-millionaire.

That said, SD2SNES is open source, if you can get one made by the chinese, then go for it. Everdrives = Krikkz, SD2SNES = whoever wants to make one.
>>
File: snes super ufo 8 bit.png (70KB, 999x504px) Image search: [Google]
snes super ufo 8 bit.png
70KB, 999x504px
>>3696492
Anybody have any experience with this?

Says it's just like an Everdrive but it doesn't play Super FX chip games.
>>
File: photo_2017-01-24_16-23-57.jpg (106KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2017-01-24_16-23-57.jpg
106KB, 1280x720px
Got some more chink pads. This time it was even branded, lol.
NES pad somehow feels even cheaper than previous NES pad, but somewhere on the same level of quality.
SNES pad is just horrible, no redeeming qualities, just a piece of shit.
When I first picked up SEGA pad it felt surprisingly good. Buttons were spongy, d-pad was a bit less precise, but felt alright. Shame when I tried it out d-pad ended up being a horrible piece of shit that kept skipping button presses.
Can't recommend any of this shit. I got all 3 for 7 bucks, but I feel ripped off.

>>3742597
Yeah, tapping nickels definitely helps.

Speaking of pads and Buffalo pads, is there a good copy of SEGA controller, like Buffalo makes for SNES? Preferably Saturn one and with USB.
>>
>>3757367
Search this thread for GN6, it's a decent clone Genesis controller. I ended up buying one.
>>
>>3757293
https://www.emuparadise.me/reviews/SuperUFO/ it's definitely not as good as an everdrive but it does have some cool features.
>>
>>3756680
But junfangames in China makes authorized versions of the everdrives and the prices are half what everyone else charges most of the time. Especially for the premium ones like sd2snes, mega everdrive x7, latest version of the everdrive 64...
>>
It's a shame this thread will die soon. Shit loads of good info here. I hope this continues.
>>
>>3696492
Hahahha
>>
>>3757821
?
Thread posts: 509
Thread images: 81

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.