[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which of these versions most accurately emulated the original?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

File: GCNVC new.jpg (51KB, 308x210px) Image search: [Google]
GCNVC new.jpg
51KB, 308x210px
Which of these versions most accurately emulated the original?
>>
>emulation
>accurate
>>
>>3693470
The gamecube one, If I remember correctly and I don't want to make it into one of "those" threads.

Zelda virtual console had a couple miniscule changes made to it.
>>
Most if not all of the graphical/design changes are present in both versions. Other than that GC takes significantly longer to save and load. Saving is instantaneous in both N64 and VC. They're basically the same as far as casual play is concerned.
>>
GameCube version has rumble support, while the Wii Virtual Console version does not.

Also OoT on the GameCube has better GameCube controller controls, edited button colors and text that reflect the fact it's being played on a GameCube and a sharper image output due to being on the GameCube.

Loading and saving is faster on the Wii VC though.
>>
>>3693512
>sharper image
I thought both were 480p

How important is that item that requires rumble?
Never played master quest; is it better?
>>
https://tcrf.net/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Ocarina_of_Time/Program_Revision_Differences#Emulation_Differences

this link seems to imply that the visual glitches are identical between Gamecube and VC.
Differences to N64 are listed in the link
>>
>>3693525
>no lens flare

into the trash
>>
>>3693739
So they're lying?
>>
does the gamecube version work with Nintendon'ts widescreen patch?
>>
both run at higher resolution, thus not accurate
>>
>>3693739
there is I just played it on my GC the other day. I didn't even realize how much it even mattered until I fully acknowledged it.
>>
>>3694160
>there is I just played it on my GC the other day

it's not in the PAL version
>>
>>3693525
>https://tcrf.net/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Ocarina_of_Time/Program_Revision_Differences#Emulation_Differences
> it is most prone to a glitch in which certain things fail to load when they should (such as Link's arrows and the Poes in Hyrule Field, as well as at least one key in the Spirit Temple)

Fuck, so that's why I had so much trouble capturing the last Poes ?

This also says that the GC versions have better framerate.
>>
>>3694169
>This also says that the GC versions have better framerate.
It's still capped at 20fps, but the N64 version has a tendency to drop when there's a lot of shit going on, like bomb explosions
>>
>>3694171
Does it still drop horribly? I loved the 3DS remakes mostly because the low framerate on N64 games in unplayable for me these days.
>>
>>3694520
It doesn't ever drop horribly on the N64 so I'm not quite sure what you are talking about. When the peak framerate is 20 you can't go a lot further down. OoT is pretty stable most of the time.

But no, on GameCube it's pretty much rock solid 20 from memory.
>>
>>3694553
>It doesn't ever drop horribly on the N64 so I'm not quite sure what you are talking about.
Using the blue fire kills the framerate for some reason. I don't notice anything during combat though.
>>
>>3693520
I loved Master Quest.
Reminded me so much of the second quest in the original Zelda for the NES.

Well worth it if you've played OOT at least once in the past.
>>
>>3693520
MQ is good only after you've played the original. They came up with some good puzzles and combat scenarios, but the flow and feel of dungeons isn't as good.

Some rooms which had a layout linked to their puzzle, or purpose, seem uncanny in MQ because they no longer have that puzzle or purpose but still keep the original layout, which was linked to it.

Also in MQ they made the Water Temple and the thieves hideout much easier.

Also a lot of rooms in dungeons have become optional, they now hold golden skulltullas and if you want them you have to come back later with new abilities.
>>
>>3694141
I meant with regard to visual glitches

>>3694169
better framerate than the 64 version or also better framerate than the VC version?

>>3694160
Is it the case that perhaps it just doesn't appear all the time? Or is >>3694164 correct?

>>3693845
can confirm it works. The interface is stretched but the graphics aren't
>>
>>3693470
OoT GC > OoT VC
MM VC > MM GC
Majora's mask was fucking brutal with the glitches and freezing
>>
>>3693520
>How important is that item that requires rumble?

Not very. As far as I know, it would rumble to signify a nearby golden skulltula, but the sound it makes is already a giveaway, so it seems redundant to me. It's not really even worth getting all gold skulltulas, which is one of the game's biggest flaws, if you ask me.

The rumble pack also rumbles when you fish, but that stuff just seems gimmicky to me. Fishing in OOT is super relaxing, and I can only imagine that a rumble option would only serve to distract from the zen-like comfiness which that mini-game normally induces.

The real issue with the emulated version is the censorship. All those nice, crescent moons are gone, Ganon bleeds green, and the theme music of the Fire Temple is altered, though I do have a soft-spot for the edited version, since that's the version I listened to as a kid.
>>
There are both native 480p. It's just that the Wii has a softer picture compared to the GameCube.

The rumble is used for the Stone of Agony to indicate a hidden grotto nearby, which isn't a big deal since you can look up their locations on the internet if you can't find them. It's also used for fishing, which is probably a bigger deal since the rumble indicates what buttons to press.

Master Quest isn't necessarily better, it just has different puzzles in the dungeons and a few other small changes.
>>
>>3693525
Tcrf are stupid.

The Gamecube version doesn't have white lines like the VC at the seams, or jump detection issues on ledges. The Gamecube also is the highest-res texture release of Ocarina of Time. They have no clue what they post on that site.
>>
>>3693484
VC has lag issues and a darker pallet on most of their games.

mario bros 2 is god awful to play.... it will make any 30yr old scream and throw the wiimote at the tv.
>>
>>3693470
I'm going to say VC because at least you can mod it to be V1.0
>>
GCN Zelda Collector's Edition is the best version.
>>
>>3695179
You can play V1.0 on the GameCube if you modify the Master Quest ROM and launch it off an SD Card using Xeno or SD Media Launcher
>>
>>3695169
>on most of their games
the NES and N64 on the Wii VC are darkened. The SNES is not, oddly enough.

Genesis, Master System and Neo-Geo emulation on the Wii VC are all fantastic though, the former two being handled by M2.
>>
>>3695165
The textures are the exact same resolution as on N64
>>
>>3695179
I've read that it only works properly on an NTSC Wii for whatever reason.
>>
I'm considering buying a Wii U just to buy VC games, extract the roms, then play on the original console with a flash cart. I'd rather pay the original publisher some money than some used game seller. Is this a good idea?
>>
File: WiiU_screenshot_TV_0109D.jpg (291KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WiiU_screenshot_TV_0109D.jpg
291KB, 1280x720px
>>3695194
u wot mate
>>
>>3695393
So RetroArch/SNES9XGXNext is actually better than Virtual console for emulating SNES on Wii?
>>
>>3695187
>GCN Zelda Collector's Edition is the best version.
It doesn't have Master Quest though.

>>3695393
>Wii U

>>3695427
Ehh, it depends. If you don't want to spend money, go ahead and emulate.
>>
>>3693484
Only issue with the gc port is the projectile aiming is jerky. I have found the shooting gallery nearly impossible to get perfect because of it.
>>
>>3693470
Granted this was rare, but I had the version with the master quest crash on me at least once, and I had the version on the Collector's Edition crash on me twice, not to mention Majora's Mask on that version crashed 3 fucking times. For the Ocarina of Time, between the two seperate discs, we're talking like a gap between freezes of like 5 or 6 years, but for the Majora's Mask it was all in week.

I've had the VC version of the game as well, and you are better off getting that.
>>
>>3695509
it's jerky because contrary to popular belief the n64 controller analogue stick has god tier precision and the GameCube controller just can't compete
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.