[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Turok

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: header.jpg (46KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
46KB, 460x215px
Steam update added the map editor today.

Anyone got to play around with it?
>>
File: ViolentCumming.png (8KB, 357x302px) Image search: [Google]
ViolentCumming.png
8KB, 357x302px
>>3693105

>it's true
>>
>>3693105
>$5 right now

Thanks Anon, I thought $20 was way too much but $5 with a Level Editor is great. Never played much of Turok so I'll play it through before messing around with building custom levels.
>>
>>3693105
I just downloaded the update, people are already uploading stuff to the workshop I'm pretty excited.

I hope Turok 2 ends up getting a level editor at some point.
>>
File: 1378201842551.png (29KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1378201842551.png
29KB, 200x200px
>>3693105
>workshop

Also, GoG update when?
>>
File: watdefukk.png (235KB, 224x342px) Image search: [Google]
watdefukk.png
235KB, 224x342px
>>3693105
>caring about those shitty re-creations with innacurate gameplay
>willingly supporting them and given them money
>>
>>3694156
>what is the best way to play poorly aged games with improved controller support and improved compatibility
To be fair most of these re-releases are just polished turds. However there are some corn kernels mixed in with the shit and turok is just good enough to be acceptable

>sonic CD
>Duke nukem 3d megaton edition
>shadow warrior redux
>most of the sega dreamcast PC releases
>grim fandango
>>
>>3694189
DN3D Megaton and SW Redux are sourceports. They may have questionnable glitches but at least they still are the original game.

The Turok on Steam is a re-creation with all gameplay behaviours redone from scratch.
>>
>>3694156
>Inaccurate
Like what? I've beaten the N64 version multiple times and didn't notice any glaring inconsistencies.
>>
>>3694239
>one of those purist blood faggots
>>
>>3694239
>a re-creation with all gameplay behaviours redone from scratch
I don't think Kaiser did it "from scratch". I assume it's similar to Doom64EX where he had some ability to read the ROM and figure out how the game worked. There are definitely some changes though.
>>
>>3694549
>There are definitely some changes though.
>changes
You mean improvements
>>
>>3694156

Don't like it, don't buy it. Stick to the original PC and N64 versions if you want to be a purist.

For me, this is probably the best version of Turok out there. I'm not a big fan of the game though. I wish they were to take on better games.
>>
>>3694549

Kaiser needs to make a company, hire some help, and get a logo. Adding his company's logo to the intro sequence of the games would increase visibility.
>>
>>3694591
>I wish they were to take on better games.
T U R O K 3

WHEN

WHEN
>>
>>3694653
When they release t2
>>
>>3694156

you didn't even play the game
>>
>>3694119
Hopefully never.
>>
>>3694156
first of all, turok 1 and 2 on pc haven't even been commercially available for years until now; they were only attainable through second-hand sales. second of all, at least in turok 2's case at least, the original pc port wasn't very good and doesn't even work properly without 3rd party software. this is a completely justified case of a remaster.
>inaccurate gameplay
i doubt you could even list the differences. they even kept the glitch where you glide down interior stairs if you jump before it.
>>
>>3695089
Don't bother, logic and reason doesn't work on these people.
>>
>>3694156
kys retard
>>
>>3694156
I would just like to point out that the most significant gameplay change Night Dive made was the movement speed. Tal'Set moves quite a bit faster than he did in the original and I suspect they'll give the same treatment to Turok 2. The level design in the first two Turok games are huge and non-linear; being able to glide around them this quickly while exploring and killing enemies (who are also faster now) feels like it adds something that was missing from the original games, as great as they are. Every other aspect about the game including platforming, shooting, AI, physics, and everything else feels virtually identical to the original. I couldn't be happier with it.
>>
File: chigoagoa.jpg (21KB, 405x289px) Image search: [Google]
chigoagoa.jpg
21KB, 405x289px
Is it worth emulating the original N64 games, if don't have access to the PC versions? If yes, with which one should I start?
>>
>>3693105
T2 when?!?!?
I want that one!
>>
>>3696141
Why not find them on ISO zone.
>>
>>3696286

I think you misread/misunderstood my question, friends.
>>
>>3696332
i think you misunderstood his response
>>
>>3696286
The original PC versions need nglide to run, otherwise they work fine.
http://www.zeus-software.com/downloads/nglide
>>
>>3696141

what is a .torrent
>>
>>3696141
Here you go son.

https://mega.nz/#F!ihxF3AIZ!TaiMwP6bAmriwDagPBFMAw

Go frag some dinos.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.