[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

explain, why is this game garbage?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Donkey Kong Land.png (217KB, 512x448px) Image search: [Google]
Donkey Kong Land.png
217KB, 512x448px
explain, why is this game garbage?
>>
Pretty much because it looks like shit. It plays alright, but not as good as the other DKC port which looks much better, so that kind of makes it shit right there.

Truthfully, with SGB or GBC pallettes, it's tolerable. In monochrome it's really hard to make out what you're looking at half the time, especially in motion, and ESPECIALLY on original hardware with the ghosting issues.
>>
>>3692904
I 101%'d (or whatever was the max, maybe 103) this game many times as a kid, I haven't replayed it since but I remember enjoying it very much.

Only issue I remember is that sometimes you had to take "leaps of faith" because you couldn't see what was down ahead.
>>
The comparison between DK Land 1 & 2 is a great demonstration of how less is more. The first one just has so much detail cluttering up the background that you can't see what you're doing or what's coming a lot of the time, which results in deaths. In the 2nd one they toned down the backgrounds and it makes for a much better experience.
>>
My biggest gripe was having to spell KONG in a level to be able to save. That doesn't fly for a portable game. You should be able to save at almost any time.
>>
>>3692904
It's not, but it was a total bitch to see on the original Game Boy screen. I can't believe I ever beat it.
>>
File: CbfC-PAWcAA0C0O[1].jpg (110KB, 586x805px) Image search: [Google]
CbfC-PAWcAA0C0O[1].jpg
110KB, 586x805px
>>3692991
>game with the coolest graphics
>looks like shit
>>
>>3693486
#RACIST

Also why do they look black-and-green on those TV screens? Those aren't the SGB palettes.
>>
>>3692904
Because everything Rare makes is garbage because British people are joyless reptiles
>>
>>3693486
DMG Gameboys had horrendous motion blur before that was even a thing.
>>
>>3693548
i'm actually addicted to lcd motion blur, playing on crt feels sluggish.
>>
>>3692904
some of the stuff in this game is just bullshit.
i grew up thinking this is how the normal dkc games were.

however it does get points for being a new game instead of a port.
>>
Why do we get so many threads about the DKL games as of recent?
>>
>>3693518
(((You)))

>>3694037
Some late 90s babbies suddenly realizing it exists, perhaps.
>>
>>3692904
My wife's son loves this game
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.