[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does this board hate Excitebike so much? Its a really fun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: Excitebike_(NES)_screenshot.png (39KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Excitebike_(NES)_screenshot.png
39KB, 320x240px
Why does this board hate Excitebike so much? Its a really fun little game that tests your reaction time and rhythm.
>>
>>3692265
Contrarian faggotry, but that's hardly just a /vr/ problem
>>
>>3692265

Does this board hate Excitebike? Send those Sonybabbys back to /v/ where they belong.
>>
I like Excitebike. It's fun.
>>
The FDS version was superior since you could actually save the tracks.

But as fun as Excitebike was, it wasn't the best racer on the console from Nintendo:
>>
Didn't know it was hated here. It's a great game, my dad got it used for a couple bucks at a rental store when I was a kid so I played the hell out of it. I'm not sure you can really "beat" it since it's just those handful of tracks but I always had fun tripping the other racers and being obnoxious to them.
>>
>tfw back then you never enjoyed all the nuances and possibilities of the game and only got to do it a couple of years ago

it requires some skill to actually beat it...
>>
I know it's not retro, but I'd love to play Excite Bike World Rally online
No one on /V/ ever wants to play
>>
Hipsters on this board hate a lot of popular games, but it's the first time I hear Excitebike is hated. I don't think it really is.
>>
I never played it on the NES but the 3D classics version on 3DS is pretty great. Even lets you save your tracks like the FDS version.
>>
>>3692671

>Nintendo will never relase 3D classic versions of Super Mario Bros, Zelda, Pinball, Balloon Fight and other classics

Kid Icarus 3d classic was pretty damn fine too, it included the FDS features as well.
>>
It's a racing game you cant play with another player, there's no race positions, you cant save your custom tracks and there is essentially zero content. The entire game is experienced within literally 10 minutes.
>>
>>3692336
>consolefaggotry on a board where emulation is almost always the main method for playing /vr/ games
>>
>>3693449
Speak for yourself
>>
>>3692685
Would've loved to have seen a 3D Classic of the original Star Fox since a VC release is covered in too much red tape.
>>
>Track editor

>1985

No one hates Excitebike
>>
>>3692265
millennials don't like games where there is no save points and requires them to think

they get frustrated because they can't spam turbo because the bike overheats.

they don't know they joy of designing shitty tracks for your friends to play, while they design shitty tracks for you to play.
>>
>>3692523
I remember playing that shit when wifi was up.
>>
>>3692265

Loved the game when it came out, still enjoy it today. I think people just don't want to admit they actually like to have fun.
>>
How is Excitebike 64? Never see it talked about.
>>
File: 1478734332075.gif (2MB, 400x274px) Image search: [Google]
1478734332075.gif
2MB, 400x274px
>mfw I JUST learned last night driving over the arrows in the road reduces your heat gauge

Also didn't know you could mash buttons after a crash to get him back on the bike faster. I've played this game for almost 25 years.
>>
>>3695890

What the fuck did you think he arrows did?
>>
>>3696445
I thought they were just decorations to make the track look cooler.
>>
>>3692685
>>3692671
Those two are okay along with Kirby's adventure but the Sega 3D Classics make them look like shit and even at a cheaper price.
Excitebike is a great game though.
How is Excitebike 64? It just got re-released on the Virtual Console?
>>
>>3697503
To be fair, I got the 3D Classics version of Excitebike for free when the 3DS eShop first went live around mid 2011, so it was hard to be disappointed. There wasn't a whole lot of good 3DS software back then period.
>>
>>3697521
That's a fair point.
As game, it's a good.
As a port, it's good.
But it's been so totally outclassed by the competition that it isn't funny. Especially when you compare the price:content ratio. God damn, those Sega 3D Classics are incredible.
I ended up getting the Twinbee, Xevious and Kirby's Adventure 3D version for free as well. I bought my 3DS second-hand in 2013 and the previous owner had bought a few digital titles that were tied to the account as well 3DS Ambassador status.
That was neat and resulted in a lot train trips getting vertigo while playing Xevious. That game's 3D depth was fucking ridiculous on the maximum setting.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.