[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts on the Mega Man 7/8 demakes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Rockm7fc_ss.png (16KB, 512x448px) Image search: [Google]
Rockm7fc_ss.png
16KB, 512x448px
What are your thoughts on the Mega Man 7/8 demakes?
>>
>>3691923
Love em
>>
Hate 'em

The NES is waaaaaaaay stronger than people make it belive, the fact that both 7FC and 8FC not only excluded the intro stages, but also exluded the mid stages (7:Museum. 8:Duo's stage) was just plain lazy.
Just look at Megaman 4 on the gameboy, that thing was like MM7 where you fight 4 robot masters, then in the middle you do stuff in a special stage and fight a boss (ballade) and then you fight another 4 robot masters then you go to the wily stages (but first you fight ballade again, now harder, waaaay harder than before) and shit like that, and that was on the gameboy, not on the NES. Oh and 7FC had lazy sound design, most of the sounds (at first, not sure if the updates changed it) were recycled from previous games, like Freeze Cracker having the same SFX as Ring Boomerang from MM4.

7FC at least was nice and playable since the cut content wasn't large, the intro stage (while having a cool as fuck theme) was just short and you only fought bass and the dozer robot, and the museum was just a nostalgia hallway and fighting an annoying as fuck boss. But 8FC felt like it got overcutted
>No cutscenes
Ninja Gaiden had fucking cutscenes, and even MM4's intro was animated a bit similar to Ninja Gaiden.
>No Intro stage/Duo stage
The Intro stage in 8 had a lot more things to explore, instead they just made the opening cutscene include what happened on the damn intro stage, and not having a Duo boss fight in 8-bit, that's a shame.
The music covers were kinda mediocre, and since the demakes have FC, which stands for FamiCom, they could've used VRC6 chip on 8FC so it had tracks that could sound as good as the originals while being on 8-bit.

TL;DR: Cool demakes but they lack a damn lot of features and content.
>>
>>3691956
I'm pretty sure the intro/mid stages were cut so both demakes would stay as close as possible to the NES/Famicom games. That may also be the reason they played it safe with the sound effects and music (not to mention VRC6 was developed by Konami)

I wouldn't call them lazy, considering they went to such lengths to make both games feel like the old ones - even putting the clunky passwords back into 7 and 8. One could wonder if the same guys ever develop a Rockman & Forte demake they would put the 8 Robot Masters right off the bat.
>>
>>3692605
>Rockman & Forte FC
I believe there were sprites of the King Robot Masters on the 8FC website, but it never got past that.
>>
Liked them more than the originals.
>>
7 was fucking great. I played it over 50 times.

8 was awkward and a lot of the level gimmicks weren't very fun, but it was still better than playing the real 8.
>>
>>3691923
Better than the original games.
>>
>>3692690
>>3693490
This
>>
Still waiting for a Mega Man & Bass FC.
>>
Very good.
I wish X4, X5 and X6 demakes.
>>
>>3694060
That would be brilliant.
>>
>>3694060
it could be possible
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAcVB0PSiF0
>>
i wish someone would find a way to stuff them onto a repro cart so i could pop them into my NES to play.
>>
File: 6-26-a-way.png (329KB, 926x719px) Image search: [Google]
6-26-a-way.png
329KB, 926x719px
>>3694480
It's your lucky day, the question of how that would be done has a dead simple answer. That is, porting it, reprogramming it. Like, in NES assembly language.
>>
>>3696495
if it's an nes rom, then you shouldn't need to port it
just dump the rom on a pcb and print out a label on the cart and you're good to go
>>
>>3696514
The demakes are not NES ROMs, they're written as standalone Windows programs; you can see artifacts of this such as all the sprites for the game being stored in a folder as individual .bmp files
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.