[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Majora's Mask

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

It's funny. Since I've played this game so much I never feel stressed while playing it. The game makes me feel so comfy, running around clocktown and visiting all these people that need my help.

I'm still finding new things in this game and I don't think we'll ever get a game like it ever again.

It truly is a masterpiece.
>>
Not a masterpiece. Didn't really like the time aspect. It's one of my favorite Zelda games. Someday I'll finally beat it with the fierce deity mask.
>>
Too bad. Koizumi is doomed to work on shitty modern 3D marios.

If you want to get even more out of MM, learn how to hover with bombs and bombchus. other than the writing and atmosphere, hovering is one of the biggest objective benefits this game has over oot because of the change to the way bombs work. In oot, bombs explode outward over time, and in MM, they create an instant, large damage source. Don't tell me you don't want to be able to hop over the western fence and get the zora mask right away on a fresh playthrough.
>>
File: Time's End II.jpg (323KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Time's End II.jpg
323KB, 1400x1400px
>>3691852
also, look up Theophany. he's put out a second fan album based on the game. I know it sounds stupid, but it's actually really good.

It isn't like you're gonna get another zelda game like this anon, you may as well cherish it.
>>
Once you've mastered the game and the time limit/moon isn't intimidating anymore, MM is indeed pretty comfy.
I loved going back to the great bay beach, or better yet, the beaver rapids and swim freely using the Zora mask.
>>
>>3691878
>swim freely using the Zora mask

this alone killed the remake for me. I was all ready to be a huge faggot and say the new port was better, but nope.
>>
>>3691881

It's the reason I wasn't interested on it. I fucking loved OOT3D, but Zora Link is one of my favorite things from MM, I wasn't ready for it to be ruined. I'm sure it's still a great remake, and I'm still open to the possibility I'll still like it, but if they made the swimming worse, then yeah, it's gonna be a big let down.
>>
>>3691883
I mean, if you have a 3ds it's still worth playing, the game isn't long and it's as easy to pirate as a super nintendo game if you're hard up. I still think the bosses are mostly all improved.
>>
>>3691874
I've listened to both albums of his and their honestly incredible. All anons should give it a listen
>>
File: Yusuke_mazoku2.png (195KB, 475x361px) Image search: [Google]
Yusuke_mazoku2.png
195KB, 475x361px
>>3691878
>>3691881
>>3691883
THE *punches anons*
ZORA *punches anons*
SWIMMING *punches anons*
BEING *punches anons*
BROKEN *punches anons*
IS *punches anons*
A *punches anons*
MYTH *punches anons*
MEEEEEEEME!!! *punches anons*

The Zora swimming is superior in every conceivable way in MM3D, as is almost everything objectively better in the Remake other than Odolwa and Twinmold's battles. You can still torpedo when you run out of magic. You just press the button again. They did this precisely because they made the swimming more """"free""""" like you're saying. In the OG Majora's Mask you can't float or sink to the distance you want, only all the way up or down. There's also no casual swimming method. Adding these improvements made them have to tailor the electric shield to the torpedo button. But it's still there. You don't have to buy Chateau Romani just to swim.

DYDR Do your damn research.
>>
>>3691958
The problem is that swimming fast drains your magic since it is bound to the same button as the electric move. It's fucking horrible and it takes much of the fun out of swimming unless you like to go around with an empty magic meter.
>>
>>3691852
>im loud & proud
Of course you are OP. Finding new things after a whole three days of emulating? Inconceivable!
>>
>>3683889

>game constantly has you re-do the same tasks over and over
>quite often dungeons and fights aren't designed to be challenging but instead to waste your time, because the game knows you're racing against the clock (Zora temple being the best example as it is only filled with annoying enemies and puzzles that waste your time, not a ounce of challenge)
>Goron and Zora fighting is awful as fuck, reminder of early 3D beat em up. Doesn't matter too much with Goron since you can take out the mask, but for Zora it makes it all the more painful.

>"masterpiece"
>>
>>3692069
also
>only 4 real dungeons, everything else is padding, artificial length
>rehash and rehash and rehash of every single tiny thing OoT had, and the "new content" are the likes of adding a mustache to a ghost model
>in the process of rehashing OoT they even managed to make some things worse, like the camera

>"masterpiece"
>>
>>3692069
>>3692210
Just to ollay devil's advocate for a second but the short nature of the game and reuse of so many assets is most likely due to the game initially being designed as a 64DD add on to OoT, and we all know how the 64DD went
>>
>>3692069
>>3692210

Don't suck at the game and plan your routes and you won't have to do a single task again unless you're getting the sixth bottle.

the rehashing of Oot material makes it a thousand times more interesting. It gives off a sense of the uncanny. It's for atmospheric purposes.

Yes, it's a masterpiece and no game will ever be as good.
>>
>>3692312
>Don't suck at the game and plan your routes and you won't have to do a single task again unless you're getting the sixth bottle.

That's a lie; there are plenty of small things that ask you to redo earlier parts to reach them.

Besides "planning your route" is granted you already know the game. Maybe you play with a walkthrough in your hand, but I don't.
>>
>>3692268
So, they officially took an add-on and sold it as full priced game (that requires the expansion pack) but somehow it's okay because they acknowledged it?
>>
>>3692319
Well that's your fault. The game is difficult without a guide and that's a good thing not a hindrance. It just seems like you're just a lazy person who can't be bothered to redo a simple task. Go play Ocarina of Time faggot.
>>
>>3692347
you should probably read the other mm thread to understand what he's talking about
>>
>>3692069
>Goron and Zora fighting is awful, while ironically Deku fucking wrecks shit.

>Deku is blowing bubbles and not firing deku nutz

>Goron dosen't get Goron Hammer to fuck shit up with

>Zora has incredibly retarded boomerang fins.

This game could've been a masterpiece.
>>
I dropped it as soon as I realized I'd need to keep coming back to the Pirate Fortress to get those stupid fucking Zora Eggs. There's no reason for there to be more than like 3 of those things. Fuck that and fuck putting stealth sections in Zelda games. The one in Ocarina of Time was alright but even then the camera in the tight corridors made you get caught with no fault of your own sometimes, the one in Wind Waker makes me want to just get to the actual game already, and the one in Skyward Sword is in Skyward Sword, therefore it sucks.
>>
File: Autz.png (10KB, 280x336px) Image search: [Google]
Autz.png
10KB, 280x336px
>>3691958
>>
>>3693360
I'm the one who made that other thread complaining about the game but this part is not a problem. You can see the stone mask and you'll walk undetected (only thing you have to do is shoot the arrow into the nest and do the fights). Also I'm pretty sure you can get 5 bottles at that point, 4 of which were easier and or given clues to.

Also, during the fights you don't get arrested after one hit like you would in the original OoT and which wast total BS.
>>
>>3693913
This is evidence that the only people who liked the game used a walkthrough. Some people might not have the mask, that makes it bad design.
>>
>>3691874
I feel like these remixes try too hard. All of the songs in the game were usually short and very memorable. You can barely hear the original melodies in these and they're so padded out with atmospheric shit that it might as well be its own song. It's fine for shit like that little fan movie, but on its own it loses everything that was good about the originals.
>>
>>3693934
I didn't use a walkthrough and I had the mask. When I got the horse I went north before going south, maybe I just got lucky though, it's true that I could have done the contrary.
I still think this part is an improvement over OoT's, and they made it less annoying by having 4 stuff to get instead of 5, by not being arrested when you get hit during the fights, and by having the layout of the place be more obvious in MM.

As for the bottles, I had 3 when I got there, and around the Zora domain iirc there are two clues, one telling you doing the ranch UFO mini game gives you a bottle, and one telling you that the beaver mini game gives you a bottle.
>>
>>3693934
>bad design
That's like saying Mega Man is bad design because you might end up fighting a boss without having his weakness.
>>
>>3692326
Well before they took a heavily watered down 3D rehash of one of the series' more celebrated entries and sold it full priced to the ignorant masses so...
>>
>>3694145
Collecting 3 things, then going to a similar but different game map and collecting 6 things does not make OoT a rehash.

That's such a superficial outlook.
>>
>>3694313
>That's such a superficial outlook.

Sure it is bucko. You also listed only a fraction of the shit OoT rehashes from LTTP.
>>
>>3694360
Muster your autism and start listing.

So as far as I see it we also have:
>same 3 main characters
>a lot of the tools are the same item but in 3D
>the 3 things are used for getting the master sword
>you go into dungeons to get the medallions/maidens
>there's keys and tools in the dungeons
>similar enemy designs
>the dungeons end with a dungeon boss

Who cares that OoT has otherwise very different gameplay and a fairly different setting and story anyway? Clearly the dark world and postapocalyptic Hyrule are just too similar.
>>
>>3694369
>Clearly the dark world and postapocalyptic Hyrule are just too similar.
In the context that they are both shittier versions of the main characters' homeland ruled over by the big baddie which he has to liberate via getting the 8 macguffins and freeing the sages/maidens (as you've mentioned), yes.

There's also...
>Both beginnings have Link sleeping at night yet experiencing something that may tell of his destiny.

>and a fairly different setting
Hyrule and Hyrule are different settings?

>story
Sure it's different, if we count the rearrangement of certain scene orders and the tacked-on origin bullshit that is.
>>
I REALLY didn't like the time mechanic.
I prefer a persistent world that I slowly change and make a difference in, so I didn't like that it reset. I also like to slowly and carefully explore everything. However, after I would do anything, I would feel the need to reset time again so I wouldn't be pressured by the clock for the next thing I would do.
>>
>>3694401
>Hyrule and Hyrule
You've convinced me. They have the same names so they're the same thing. Someone who has played aLttP can navigate OoT just fine.

All that's necessary to show that one thing is basically the same as another is to find a shitty strawmanesque description that can fit on both.

OoT really is the heavily watered down 3D rehash of aLttP.

Deus Ex is just a watered down 3D rehash of MGS. Snake and JC are just stealty nanomachine enhanced edgeloads in a setting that's just Future America + Conspiracies.

Castlevania is a heavily watered down halloween-themed rehash of Mario 2. It's all about going right or up, jumping across platforms and collecting a sphere at the end of the stage after beating a boss. Castlevania 3 even has multiple characters just like Mario 2.
>>
File: 1376607694074.jpg (16KB, 363x266px) Image search: [Google]
1376607694074.jpg
16KB, 363x266px
>>3694725
>OoTfag this buttblasted

Before you accuse me of being an MMfag however, I actually hate both of the 3D Zeldas. If I wanted to have a solid Zeldaesque experience that has the high points of both games while having little to none of their flaws, I'd rather play fucking Alundra or even the sequel instead.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.