[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Doom Floppy Disks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

My old man just gave me these and I was wondering if they were worth anything past sentimental value. I believe this is just a demo of the game as well. No answer will be taken as fact without proof
>>
It looks like a third party packaging of shareware Doom. Fact, there are millions of those in the wild. They're worth little more than the 1.44"s they're saved on.
>>
A close up of disk 1/2.
>>
File: Hipster_talk.jpg (629KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
Hipster_talk.jpg
629KB, 2592x1944px
I kept mine because I paid money for them and the box/instructions were pretty cool. They are worthless as no one really uses 3.5" floppies, but they are mine so they do have sentimental value to me. I already own it, and I still downloaded the Underground Gamer torrent of all the Doom stuff, so the physical discs are just there to be a memento.

>>3689058
They appear to be shareware, as in demo copy meant to be freely distributed in hopes to get people to buy (register). Worked well in the early days of baud modems.
>>
File: UGtab04.png (176KB, 1044x1046px) Image search: [Google]
UGtab04.png
176KB, 1044x1046px
>>3689079
It is true in the pic that I registered prior to the game being released. I wished ID would have sent me some of the alphas.
>>
javascript:quote('3689063');
javascript:quote('3689079');
javascript:quote('3689082');

I see, well it kinda sucks that it isn't worth anything but it is also nice because I am still planning on keeping it and i understand more about it now. Thanks /vr/!
>>
>>3689090
even if they have no cash value you could always dump the floppies and put those on the internet archive.
>>
>>3689079
>complete in box copies of doom and doom ii
>worthless

uhh
>>
>>3689142
pc games barely maintain any value outside of odd exceptions.
>>
>>3689079
I still have my Ultimate Doom CDROM package with the poster. I think official "copies" are worth more than shareware versions literally anyone can produce and sell though.
>>
>>3689142
Only a hundred million sold, bro
>>
>>3689058
Not worth nothing because they are most likely damaged/unreadable after 20+ years.
>>
>>3689063
>1.44"
>>
>>3689179
>>3689257
Wow u guys are dum
>>
>>3690685
In a way they're right. Check ebay's floppy games and you'll see there are many selling for $16+
http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR10.TRC0.A0.H0.Xfloppy.TRS0&_nkw=floppy&_sacat=1249
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.