[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Repro carts + translation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

How does /vr/ about reproduction cartridges (with translation patches) for games never released in the West?

I think this is the only scenario in which I would knowingly purchase a repro. Maybe that and a crazy fun romhack.
>>
I think translations are the devil.
>>
When I get a flashcart it'll mostly be to play hacks and whatnot. I don't think I'd buy a repro for that
>>
>>3688657
I don't care if other people do but I wouldn't
>>
>>3688657
Honestly seems like a waste. Just buy a flash cart and install every fan translation you want.

Paying for the official cart is one thing but to pay around $30 for one game when you can buy a flash cart for around $50-100 allowing you to download any fan translation makes way more sense.
>>
>>3688657
Repros are just stupid no matter what. For a fraction of the price you can get a better quality bootleg that's exactly the same thing except done by professional chink pirates instead of autistic faggots with a hot glue gun.
>>
>>3688717
>>3688979

Can you guys recommend a no-hassle flash cart? Everything I've read says Super Everdrive is the way to go
>>
>>3689052
If you want to play star ocean you need sd2snes

Trouble with all snes flash carts is that many good mapper chip games (Kirby, Mario rpg, yoshi's island, etc) are incompatible
>>
>>3689052
There is no SNES flash cart that can play everything. You need to balance compatibility with what you want to play, price, and whether you're willing to emulate or use repros. Just working out your priorities is quite a hassle

>>3689075
Well I played SO an a GD long before sd2snes was around so that's BS. But that's not going to help him.
>>
If you are going to buy a repro buy from the Chinese. If you can't buy from them ask yourself this question. Does it play on a flash cart? If the answer is yes don't buy a repro made with a donor cart. If the answer is no (Starfox 2, romhacks of games with enhancement chips) you might have a good reason to buy one made with a donor cart. China is cheaper and of higher quality almost every time and a fucking flashcart will play everything they can put on a cart so you're just wasting your fucking money. But it's your choice...
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.