[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BS Zelda

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Does /vr/ have an opinion on the BS Zeldas?
>>
I played it 5 years ago. Frankly, it's a disgrace to ALttP, but I didn't play it with that fancy black text you have there. I emulated it on the Wii in four separate chapters. Worst 2D Zelda. I'd rather replay Four Swords Anniversary Edition.

The least they could have done is made the bosses harder somehow and not the exact same as ALttP.
>>
>>3687704
LOL! BS Zelda? Like Bull Shit Zelda?!?!? LOL!!!
>Uh no, actually it stands for the Bandai Satellaview, you see back in...

There, now it's out of the way.
>>
I dislike the time limits. I get that they were broadcast with voiced-over narration, but if you're not playing the game exactly how they want you to play it you pretty much get screwed over.
>>
/vr/ doesn't even know it exists.
>>
>>3688485
Yes we do, our infinite wisdom covers more than you tiny individualism can even comprehend.
>>
>>3687721
Not at all. They don't tell you how to play, just what the main objectives are, and you can, and probably will, complete them with a lot of remaining time left.

The only things they tell you that can be missed are special events that happen on certain time frames, but you don't have to do them and they don't screw you over. It's just optional stuff.

If you dislike time limits you'll never appreciate the BS Zelda games. I've seen hacks that remove the time limits and replace the avatar with Link and stuff, but the issue is that BS Zelda was made with the time limit and broadcat format in mind. Without it, it's just too easy and boring.
>>
Would've been fun to play the way it was intended. Supposedly the voice acting was in English for some bizarre reason.

Maybe they wanted to make it feel more "western fantasy"?
>>
>>3688727
The voice acting was not in English. It was in Japanese.

Most of the game's content was streamed or only temporarily downloaded into the Satellaview, so indoor areas, for example, just show up as black voids when the rom was originally dumped. The playable versions are reconstructions, and the reconstructions come from people who managed to record the playthrough in real time when it was broadcast. That playthrough clearly has Japanese narration and voiceovers.

You can watch the first episode here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCX8vfUDSWU
>>
>>3687721
what? I crushed ast zelda on my first try, the default time limit is more than enough. you must really suck to lose to the clock.
>>
>>3688823

His confusion probably stems from a MSU-1 version of BS Zelda floating around that has an English fandub.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FBt2invgjs

Yes, obviously it's fucking terrible - it consists entirely of some dweeb who can't act doing all the voices himself. Maybe worth playing with if you want a quick laugh.
>>
Didn't try the ALTTP stuff, or rather I did, and I got bored by it quickly.

I did try the NES game remake.

It had some neat ideas to it and I loved the Super Mario All Stars tier graphics upgrade, but it sucked that it was so much easier than the original, with only a fraction of the map.
>>
File: oworld2.png (15KB, 256x223px) Image search: [Google]
oworld2.png
15KB, 256x223px
anyone have an opinion over this? Beat it a few months ago. It's much more tolerable right after beating ALttP. Didn't even die once during the guardhouse.
>>
>>3690527
I hated it and dropped it soon after the guard house. I played it expecting a fun new experience with ALttP's difficulty, and then realized it was the Zelda equivalent of Kaizo Mario.
>>
>>3690597
this. I got past the guardhouse, but I didn't go much further. it has alot of good qualities, but it's completely over the top in difficulty and length.
>>
>>3690527
I think that guy made a new zelda hack, but with a conker theme. not even sure if it got finished or not
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.