[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/vr/ Ace Combat: Discussion, Tips, Tricks, Plane-fus and More

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

This thread is timely given the Electrosphere translation release.

I have myself Air Combat and Ace Combat 2, and perhaps sometime in the near future I will convince myself to live out my weeb airplane fantasies with AC3. Discuss here!

===

I've tried starting both AC1 and AC2 a few times, and there is plenty to like, though there are some control issues that prevent me from totally getting into it:

Mainly when I pass by my target I have to slooooowly. Turn. Around. in order to reorient myself and chase down them bogies. It feels as if half the mission is doing slow circles to turn around.

Any veteran pilots know how to make turns a little quicker? I use "expert" control settings, though I admit handling the plane's yaw, breaks, afterburner, and rolling all at once is pretty complicated.
>>
________ENEMY________
<<HE'S ENGAGING ME>>
>>
I just bought Ace Combat 5 for the PS2, but I don't know if it would qualify as a /vr/ game.

Which game is better, AC 2 or 3?
>>
>>3687453
commercially released, AC2 is better than USA's AC3, which gutted most of the content out of the game.

the full games? Probably AC3, though AC2 is fun.
>>
>>3687471
I've read that the PAL version of AC3 axed the campaign. Is this true or an exaggeration?
>>
>>3687474
PAL and US versions had way, way less content.

The JP version has everything intact, and since the translation dropped it's possible to actually play it.
>>
File: TakeOff.jpg (2MB, 1040x1500px) Image search: [Google]
TakeOff.jpg
2MB, 1040x1500px
Still waiting for an answer to my quicker-turn dilemma ;-;
>>
AC3 US/PAL is missing sixteen missions and had a hastily re-written story that's about on the level of AC2's, but without any branching.
AC3 JP has a fuckton of story and several paths.

The actual missions that are present in AC3 US are mostly the same. It's not nearly as bad as people make it out to be, but a third of the game is still missing, not to mention the story.

if I'm honest though, I like AC2 more period, I fucking love that game, AC3's handling is weird compared to 2 and 04 onward.
In particular, planes feel kind of heavy in 3 and stall a lot more.
>>
>>3688032
You heard about the english translation project being finished on jp AC3 right?
>>
Here are some emulation guides and such put together by /aceg/.

http://pastebin.com/Q3njXFpu
>>
>go into Air Combat expecting it to be generic throughout
>final boss is a floating battleship
Turns out this series has always been anime as fuck
>>
>>3688707
It is anime as fuck and I love it.
Mostly AC Zero, which is also anime as fuck but having real actors help to mask the sensation. I mean, you cant be more anime than calling a pilot a "demon lord".
>>
So is quick turning a function of jamming on the breaks and yawing/rolling in the direction you want to turn?

>>3688707
The music says it all really:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGR9gv1KHTQ

>WAHOOO! YOU GOT ONE!!!!!
>>
File: Nemoisalive.jpg (70KB, 639x481px) Image search: [Google]
Nemoisalive.jpg
70KB, 639x481px
>>
>>3689190
>BINGO! YA HOOO!
Forgot how good the music was.
>>
>>3687196
>slooooowly. Turn. Around.
>slow circles
Not sure what your current technique is, but it doesn't take that long to turn around when you bank 90 and nose up. Adjust your throttle to find the sweet spot where you turn quickest.
>>
>>3687196
>>3689190
You can also do an Immelman but that's more for style or to stay nicely lined up with ground targets.
>>
Just finished Fiona's route.

:( Guess I'll shoot her next time to give her the ending she probably prefers
>>
File: DOE02.png (454KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
DOE02.png
454KB, 640x480px
>PS1
>reflections

Are these real or fake reflections?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.