[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Enemies can one shot you with this Why is this allowed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: k7 avenger.jpg (25KB, 400x324px) Image search: [Google]
k7 avenger.jpg
25KB, 400x324px
>Enemies can one shot you with this

Why is this allowed?
>>
Because Perfect Dark is a stealth game and you are punished for being caught in front of somebody with a big gun.
>>
>>3686965
Go back to bait school senpai
>>
Perfect Dark and Goldeneye both use a pretty sophisticated system for simulating reaction time and aiming in AI. Yeah, you can be one shot, but at no point will you ever turn a corner and get blasted in the face with no chance to fight back, it's literally impossible for that to happen. If you die in these games, it was always your fault.
>>
I loved the reload sound of the K7 Avenger.
>>
>>3687002
Yeah that click snap was always fun. :)
>>
Perfect Dark wasn't really that hard of a game.
>>
>>3687139
Yeah, nothing in the entire game was a challenge except for that fucking challenge #18 with all the tiny aliens. You know the one.
>>
>>3687139
>Perfect Dark wasn't really that hard of a game.
Yeah, if you play it on Agent
>>
>>3687181
Getting the completion times for a few of the cheats was a bitch too.

Don't forget that.
>>
>>3686971
he got you tho... lol
>>
File: magazine_reader_writer.png (320KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
magazine_reader_writer.png
320KB, 640x480px
>>3686991
Are there any other shooters where enemies telegraph their attacks so blatantly like in PD/GE? Recently replayed these games and noticed it.

It's pretty smart design, I wonder why I don't see it in shooters more often. Most seem to expect you'll get hit a lot, and find ways to frequently replenish your health.
>>
>>3690132
>tempest
>>
>>3690132
The old Tom Clancy games.
>>
>>3690350
>old Tom Clancy games
Like Rainbow Six? lolno. Unless by "telegraph their attacks" you mean "instantly snap their arms into firing position and headshot you with a Skorpion across the atrium". I beat R6 1-3 and Ghost Recon 1 on the hardest difficulties, but the enemies just kind of lock into position and zap you. It's not like the animation and delay in GE/PD at all.
>>
>>3690132
>enemies telegraph their attacks so blatantly
what do you mean exactly?
>>
File: goldeneye_kaboom.jpg (146KB, 610x406px) Image search: [Google]
goldeneye_kaboom.jpg
146KB, 610x406px
>>3691663
Not that anon, but what he means is that GE/PD enemies have long "wind up" animations before they get into firing positions, giving you a moment to dodge or stun them with shots of your own. Also, even though the bullets are hitscan, enemies are locked into their firing positions once they take aim and can only adjust their angle a certain amount, so you can dodge their attacks by moving around them.

Basically you only get shot in these games if you're really slow on the draw, if you get overwhelmed by enemies, or if you're not paying attention and one gets the drop on you.
>>
>>3691671
Oh thats so cool, I knew something stood out about these games. They almost give you that feeling of being in an action movie, running through gun fire and all
>>
>>3687182
It's not hard on any difficulty if you play it right.
>>
>>3686952
Because you can one shot them.
>>
>>3690132
Pretty sure for Goldeneye it was just something that carried over from its development as a light gun game and they decided to keep it in Perfect Dark for the h*ll of it.
>>
>>3691778
Most people don't know how to play it right. They never learned cause they played only on Agent.
>>
>>3691778
>Carrington Institute
>Attack Ship
>not hard on Perfect Agent

Perfect Dark has some pretty tough levels, even playing with 60fps and mouse aiming.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.