[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best version of some games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: pobrane.jpg (6KB, 280x180px) Image search: [Google]
pobrane.jpg
6KB, 280x180px
Tomb raiders 1-3, resident evils 1-3, dino crisis etc.

Any reason to play those on PSX instead of PC? I played PSX version of Dino crisis lately and quit becouse of those constant unskippable animations.
>>
>>3686830
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VutzIK3DqZE

Pretty good recap of TR1. I'm personally a fan of the PS1 version due to me being a fan of the oldschool checkpoint system and me just having weird luck with PC versions. Also native resolutions tend to hide a lot of graphical flaws.

>constant unskippable animations.

I don't even know what you're talking about and I love the game.
>>
>>3686837
Resident evil and Dino crisis have that animation when you open door etc, you have to wait until that finishes. Also animation with shitty storyline that you dont want to watch even the first time you play.

Tomb raider 3 for example you have to wait a fuckton each time you die.
>>
>>3686839
Oh, door animations never bothered me, they're just suspenseful loading screens. But the gameplay of these games in general are naturally patient and I'm not sure if PC ports will simply skip those.
>>
>>3686839
Just hit the button to disable the framerate limiter in your emulator, now it goes fast.
>>
PC version of RE1/2/3 you can skip doors

You can skip cutscenes in any version of RE3 and in the GC version of RE2. According to speedruns, the PC version of RE2 (doors skipping) is faster than the GC version (cutscenes skipping).

For Dino Crisis, emulate the PS1 or Dreamcast version and >>3686851
>>
>>3686830
>pobrane.jpg
Szkoda, że nie image.jpg :^)
>>
Resident Evil 1 on PC is the definite version, just for the fact that it has the uncensored colored version of the live-action opening. Even the JP console versions have them only in black and white. The only thing missing is the arranged mode from PS1's Director's Cut.

RE2 and RE3 have some extra content for their PC ports too.
>>
>>3686901
NESfag as usual in charge of shitting up threads with his subjective interpretations masked as objective facts.

Dreamcast version of DC1 is superior to that of ps1 in every way. Most notably sound is of far superior quality, and there is no shitty polygon wobble. Plus it works like a charm and it's easy to fix. Haven't had a single issue when I emulated it using nullDC.
>>
Another World is best on SNES.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.