[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The lesser of the Evils

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 14

File: applevandroid.jpg (95KB, 900x450px) Image search: [Google]
applevandroid.jpg
95KB, 900x450px
Which mobile platform is best for emulation, iOS or Android?

Which has the least input lag? The best emulators? Compatible with most gamepads?
>>
>>3686313
why would you even consider apple?
>>
>>3686313
bad thread
>>
>>3686313
"Smart"phones and tablets (normie devices) are the LEAST authentic way to do retrogaming.
>>
Nobody gives a fuck about authentic, emulation is king.

Emulators can be installed on iPhones after jailbreaking.
>>
I play GBA on my old Samsung Epic 4G. The keyboard is great for RPGs. Other than that why the fuck would you want to emulate on a phone? One of those $30 Android TV boxes people use to stream pirated movies on Kodi maybe but a phone?
>>
>>3686313
Retroarch for Android bar none

Alot of people complain about it, but once you have it setup properly it's easily the best emulator on the platform, with minimum input lag. I've found other emulators like Snes9x ex+ to be easily outclassed by a proper retroarch setup.
>>
>>3686458
And I can't imagine there's a gamepad out there RA won't recognize.
>>
I play ff5 on my phone
its good when I dont wanna use data and wanna game for 5-20 mins waiting for someone
>>
Windows
>>
Why would you play games on your government issued spying device?
>>
>>3686581
/g/ pls go
>>
>playing video games on a mobile phone

Gross
>>
>>3686313
You'll have to jailbreak an iPhone to put emulators on it so just get an Android.
>>
File: 20161219_012307.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px)
20161219_012307.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
I hate my life being poor ... minimum wage doesn't allow me to even have the fancy phones everyone has, I still have my old dumbphone ... but I can get in some game playing every now and then.
>>
>>3686313
Why not a PSP/3DS/Vita?
>>
>>3686631
This phone is GOAT
I have one but the flat cable is damaged and I am waiting for a new one arrive so I can repair it.
>>
>>3686631
I wish Sony make a updated version of this phone, a version that doesn't need to be slim or delicate.
>>
>>3686458

Is retroarch compatible with wireless controllers?, i'm thinking of buying one and i want to make sure before i commit to it.
>>
>>3687325
Yes
>>
>>3686313
>lesser of two evils
Hating on mobile devices is just an epic 4chan meme. Android in particular has become pretty great for retro emulation through the Nexus Player and those Chinese PSP knockoffs running Android. If you want something that's guaranteed to work then there's the Nvidia Shield Tablet or the Nexus 7 2013.

Use Retroarch. It's free and once you take the time to set it up you're good to go. RA also lets you emulate DS games without having to give the Drastic devs money.
>>
>>3687448
How do you setup RA? I never heard about it and now I am interested.
>>
>>3686352
People indeed give a fuck about authentic, just not you.
>>
>>3687448

Retroarch doesn't download controller layouts automatically and desmume port for it is unopimized piece of shit that runs like ass

Better to just find a patched version of drastic
>>
>>3687518

No one. Either people like playing games and/or collecting them. Collectors aren't people, therefore no one gives a fuck.
>>
File: 1353742715687.png (205KB, 372x326px)
1353742715687.png
205KB, 372x326px
>>3687584
Wow, that's some solid logic there
>>
>>Other than that why the fuck would you want to emulate on a phone?

Maybe I want to play a snes/nes/genesis game on the road and dont own a nomad/supraboy/3ds.

Maybe I already have a phone, and I want to make it multi purpose.

But, maybe, i just do things to get your fagballs in a twist.
>>
>>3687675
Lol

Too many fags here give a shit about how others play old games apparantly. Wanting to emulate on your phone vs playing real hardware is equivalent to owning shelves and shelves of books, or wanting to just own an e-reader.
>>
File: 1464570602720.jpg (134KB, 826x676px)
1464570602720.jpg
134KB, 826x676px
>>3686642
>mfw my PSP randomly shuts off and can no longer play anything
>>
>>3686458
I'm the opposite.

was using Retroarch for some time because it was convenient but I find the other single system emulators to be far better.
>>
>>3686313
N-gage. Or wait for Vita cracks.
>>
>>3686313
tried using my smartphone as an emulator.
the only option for gamepads was wireless garbage with like 30ms of input lag
not worth using smartphones for emulation except for Nintendo DS maybe)
>>
>>3687718

Except phones aren't e-readers per se, or a "real computer". They're bloatware and adware and spyware containers, with big locks becaue normies are idiots. Like all of (You)s.
>>
>>3688107
>30ms of input lag
>I'm faster than SANIC!
You autism is making the /g/ phone shills look good.
>>
>>3687621
>Goyims
Are suckers for shills.
>>
>>3686631
>Sony
That's technically a smartphone if you can interwebz and install apps on it. Only apple retards think everything other than an iPhone are "dumb"
>>
>>3688109

Wrong, a phone is a real computer.
Also, bloatware cane be removed through rooting.
>>
>>3687539
Meh, it's worth paying for Drastic, it's one of the better emulators on the app store feature-wise.
>>
Android. The answer is always Android.
>>
>>3688050
What do you use for SNES emulation? The retroarch port of Snes9x is the only one that runs anywhere near decent for me
>>
Android seems to have an inherint input lag, even when using wired controllers. Ever device I try has the same lag, but when I try a PC, the lag is still there but it's more acceptable.

Are jailbroken iPhones any better for the lag issue?
>>
>>3688656
There is a wired controler for Android? What model you use ? Do you need a otg cable?
>>
>>3688109

Computer

Noun

"An electronic device for storing and processing data, typically in binary form, according to instructions given to it in a variable program."

Dipshit
>>
>>3688109
Wow, is that tinfoil hat comfy?
>>
>>3689697

I use an otg cable and a ps3 controller. To pair the ps3 control you need the sixaxis enabler app. I'm not sure if any USB control will work on Android as it does PC...any anons here have any information on this?

Is it possible to buy a USB nes control from aliexpress and use it on an android phone via an otg cable?
>>
>>3686313
if you must emulate on your smartphone, android is the obvious choice.

the real answer is to use a desktop/laptop computer.
>>
>>3686313
Android wins by a mile.
Jesus, I didn't even know emulators existed on iOS.
>>
>>3690949

Which is better for emulating, Android or Apple?

You chose PC...you failed this multiple choice question hard. Congrats Anon
>>
>>3690959

Well..if you didn't know emulators existed in apple, then how do you know android wins by a mile? Not taking a dig, legit question.

Also, apple has a less bloated os...that has to take away some lag..right? Right??
>>
>>3690962
You can only install emulators if you jailbreak your Iphone, that's a huge problem.
>>
>>3690965

Jailbreaking is a barrier yes, but once that is out of the way, I'd like to know his they compare.

I'd love to ditch my old cartridges for an all in one solution, but as far as I can tell, a laptop or desktop is the only option.
>>
>>3690967
You can get small devices with Windows or GNU/Linux. Even BSD if you wanted to.
>>
>>3690978

I always found that windows 7 came with minimal input lag and that windows 8+ really laid the lag on thick, even when tested on the same PC. Is it possible to buy a windows tablet and to put windows 7 on it?
>>
>>3690961
I already answered which was better. I then pointed out that there's a superior option to both. if you're not retarded, you should be able to think beyond paint-by-numbers, rote answers.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (44KB, 312x200px)
200_s.gif
44KB, 312x200px
>>3690993

>> Being this butthurt and stupid
>>
>>3691007
you're projecting because you got told.
>>
File: art2.jpg (32KB, 483x272px)
art2.jpg
32KB, 483x272px
>>3691012

Ahh, the projecting meme, the pitiful refuge of a feeble mind. Not able to write an original comment?
>>
>>3691069
this started because I wrote an original comment.
>>
>>3691081
Your answer was original.

Question: Is A or B correct?

Anon: I know that B is correct, I'll write in C!

You are a retarded little snowflake, congrats and condolences.
>>
>>3691097
>retarded
if you had any education past high school, you would learn to think critically instead of robotically.

and OPs question wasn't even which one was correct, but which was better. with questions like this, there's often pros and cons to both choices. the fact that you see everything as black and white tells me that you are the one who's completely retarded.
>>
>>3691107

This is Op here, also an Electrical Engineer. No education above highschool? Why do you keep fucking up? Lol, just stop, haven't you had enough of being wrong today?

Off topic shitposting dosent make you intelligent BTW. Also, falling for my Trigger-A-Nigger bit, not smart. Please say something original and clever as your comeback this time, please, Pleaseeeee....prove me wrong, prove that you're not retarded.
>>
>>3691131
>Also, falling for my Trigger-A-Nigger bit, not smart.
lolitrolu.jpg

why are you so deeply offended over this? smartphones are one of the shittiest ways of emulating games, for obvious reasons. I pointed out that android is better (do you not know what apple jail is?) but qualified that with the fact that either way, you're making a shitty choice.

I fail your imaginary 4chan multiple choice exam, you fail at life.
>>
>>3691142

You let me down anon.....so I'm done calling you retarded. Now, I'm diagnosing you retarded.

I thought you were just some anonomous shitposting fruit, but now I know that you're also a low hanging fruit.
>>
>>3691158
you're folding this quickly? I, too, am disappointed.

then again, OP is always a faggot, no exceptions.
>>
>>3691164

Folding? No no anon. I wanna keep prodding you so that you can keep rehashing memes that you have read online as your comebacks.
>>
>>3691171

If you want, I can give you a cum back. Your mother always likes it..she calls it the superman. I don't know why though, she says she got the tern from some rappers dick that she sucked.
>>
>>3691171
you got prodded by a reasonable, on-topic post.

have fun emulating in the shittiest way possible. just don't expect to post about it publicly without someone like me questioning your intelligence and taste.

>>3691174
was that supposed to offend me? you're going into a complete tailspin.
>>
>>3691164

See what I had to do, I had to hit my own post with a good comeback because you never could.
>>
>>3691182
you are really losing it. all I did was point out your retarded premise. you'll get through this.
>>
>>3691190

No no anon, I pointed out that YOU were retarded, not the other way around. Shit, I think giving you a leg up with writing that comeback confused you. Shit...I'm sorry. Now, before you write another retarded post, just think about it for a minute. Really, just try as hard as you can, prove to me and this board that you have it in you. You can do it!
>>
>>3691196
>Shit...I'm sorry.
I accept your apology.

I've already provided ample proof of your retardation, projection, and panicked butthurt. I think you should take some time to recover, and rethink your poor retro gaming decisions.
>>
File: download.jpg (8KB, 246x205px)
download.jpg
8KB, 246x205px
>>3691202

Ahhhh fuck.....there I go letting myself get disappointed again. Say something intelligent! One more time. You CAN do it!
>>
>>3691203
I've already done it with every post.

you just frogposted, and you accuse me of memeing?

just quit already.
>>
File: blue-balls-mgd.jpg (14KB, 300x300px)
blue-balls-mgd.jpg
14KB, 300x300px
>>3691207

Yes, I just frog posted after giving you shit about your shitty rehashed comebacks. I gave you the best set up ever ...and you fucking missed. You saw the set up....but...you missed.You're giving me blueballs you fucking tease.
>>
>>3691213
ahh, the gay phase -- part of the process of getting butthurt and coming completely undone.
>>
>>3691219

Well, the gayphase dosent necessarily mean you're butthurt, it all depends in whether you are a top or a bottom...

Also..gay jokes now? What are you, <20, American and a highschooler? Actually...you're probably 20+ and a highschooler...lolzzzz dudeee
>>
>>3691228
>Also..gay jokes now? What are you, <20, American and a highschooler? Actually...you're probably 20+ and a highschooler...lolzzzz dudeee

terrible.

you're the one who brought it up, I just pointed out your symptoms of retardation and fail. I've seen this process happen many times before now.

you got what you asked for.
>>
>>3691219

Remember, I made a gay joke before and I'm calling you out now. Use it
>>
>>3691248

I am not just asking for it...I'm pleading! Just deliver something good!
>>
>>3691262
you're not challenging enough. you'll have to find another anon to buttblast you, because I've done enough itt.

emulating on smartphones is shitty and plebeian.

that is all.
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 300x168px)
images.jpg
6KB, 300x168px
>>3691273

I've been standing here with my asshole exposed and wayyy up in the air and you still haven't butt blasted me. Your posts are just....derivative...pretty much just meme copy pasta.

My post also says the lesser of the evils, it didn't say phone gaming was particularly good. Fuck, come on, here's my asshole again, its wide open and waiting....deliver!!!!!

I want you to hit me as hard as you can!!!!
>>
>>3691285
>My post also says the lesser of the evils, it didn't say phone gaming was particularly good.
Right, but it's reasonable to point out that it's a shitty compromise and not really worth the added convenience.

in the interest of sportsmanship, I'll leave your goatse-esque anus as it is.
>>
File: angry.jpg (29KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
angry.jpg
29KB, 400x266px
>>3691313

Swing and a miss! Booooooooooo!

The crowds turning in you....I can hear the chant..

We want a catcher, not a belly scratcher!
We want a zinger, not a reposting Nigger!
>>
>>3691323
you'll have to try harder, autist.

I've already won, this is my victory lap.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (108KB, 1280x720px)
maxresdefault.jpg
108KB, 1280x720px
>>3691332

Victory lap? You're only lapping up a bowl of defeat. How does it feel to be my bitch? Good? I bet it feels damn good. You're asshole feels great, young yet maluable.
>>
>>3691347
malleable*

I'll admit, it's kind of fun to watch you completely lose control after I coasted to an easy win.
>>
I spell something wrong for a youngster who just reposts insults that he read online. What does he do in response? Go after my grammar..now you're just reposting what you read on reddit. L is for loser and that loser is U.
>>
>>3691364
>L is for loser and that loser is U.
that sounds like a reddit post if I ever saw one.

more projection, more itrolulol.

which is worse: your insults, or emulating on smartphones? that's the new topic.
>>
>>3691371

That sounds like a reddit repost. ..link please? Show me where that is a thing people commonly post on reddit.

I just shit on you for reposting what you read in reddit...and you're comeback is saying my post sounds like something is from reddit. Your even reposting me now...and poorly. Goddamn kid, I wish they let Harambe eat you instead of shooting him.
>>
>>3691376
you're getting worse with every post. more mr. fantastic reaching, more overdone memes, etc.

your post was very reddit, not necessarily in form but in substance. your autism prevents you from understanding how I've deconstructed you; in the same way, it led to your confusion over my initial post.

you've dug yourself in, and there's no one to blame but yourself.
>>
>>3691391

Where's my link? Saying my post is very reddit isn't a link. You're fucking this up.
>>
>>3691401
you're in over your head.

the fact that I've sonned you is self-evident truth.

have you had enough?
>>
>>3691408

I havent had any yet. You've never delivered. Like 20 posts and you've never said anything original, not fucking once.

Here, I'll give you a ride home kid; www.reddit.com

One click away from safety
>>
>>3691412
you really are a glutton for punishment. you should be glad that I'm merciful.
>>
>>3691417

Yeah, you must have been taking mery on me this whole time. I'm bored of you now, into the bin you go. Goodnight, faggot!
>>
>>3691437
it's been a productive few hours. I hope I educated you.

farewell, fag.
>>
>>3691441

Yeah, fuck it man, end it with another repost of me.
>>
File: 8362770_1GG.jpg (8KB, 500x500px)
8362770_1GG.jpg
8KB, 500x500px
>>3690921
they all work or at least should. you can even use a xbox 360 adapter to connect the wireless xbox controller to your phone.
>>
>>3686352
Have you ever heard of a little something called 'tactile feedback'?
>>
>>3691756

Yes, I've experienced it whilst playing emulators on my phone via a controller
>>
File: 2016-12-22.png (810KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-22.png
810KB, 1366x768px
poorfag here.
I am planning to make something similar to the video :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RO-mPyLZSM
all i need is
>MHL cable to mirror phone screen on tv
>2 or 3 bootleg ps3 controllers (original is expensive)
I can buy all this for a low price, but i dont know if this will work. have anyone tried with an bootleg controller?
>>
>>3686346
But compared to anything but PC, android is the best for emulators. Not even debatable.
>>
>>3691756
>idiot thinks you can't use controllers with ios/android
>>
>>3687276
I do love it, as stated in the pic, I can't imagine Mario Kart nor F-Zero without physical L&R buttons to make the sharp turns. Buttons in the shape of familiar controls is a substitute but not the real thing, but on the go they will do. I really wish there was a successor to the phone, as I feel it hits a good balance between size and gaming in an elegant package, as a controller with a clip for a phone seems a bit silly to me.

>>3687293
Yeah, it was a worthwhile experiment but I guess the demand for such a phone is not great enough to explore more of the same kind. It is a way that reinforces the notion that I'm a dinosaur and my preferences will go extinct and will not be heard from again.

>>3688117
Technically. I can earn some bing points on it, but I would not use it for any casual browsing. At least for me, without custom firmware, it feels like it harkens back to the days of waiting on a 56k modem to do any internet stuff. Most apps now have higher requirements than what my "dumbphone" can handle, but I am just fine emulating games I already enjoy. I call it my dumbphone, because it is dumb, but I have no clue what I'd replace it with as I am a bit attached to its buttons in a controller scheme (as I can use the touchscreen for typing), a better camera and internet capabilities are nice but I am not desperately needing those features.

I always wondered if one can use the shells of these things and hack up a more modern (fitting) display and processor inside the Xperia Play, Ben Heck style. Course the commission work for that is well beyond my pa grade.
>>
>>3688598
Have you tried SNES9x EX+ yet?
>>
Are there any decent free GBA emulators for Android that don't have ads and aren't RetroArch?
>>
>>3696391
You can use adaway to stop all ads, or lucky patcher to create a modded apk without ads
>>
>>3696525
No root available for my device (Motorola Droid Turbo 2).
>>
>>3686346
*LEAST autistic way to do retrogaming

Fixed that for you. Games are games, no matter on what device you enjoy them as long as they run properly.
>>
>>3697516
You don't need root to install pirated apks.
>>
>>3686346
A smartphone paired with a MOGA Controller is as authentic as any GBA/PSP-like device.
>>
>>3697956

Except for the lag. PC is OK for lag but for some damn reason android sucks for it.....no idea why.
Thread posts: 112
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.