[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Famicom games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

File: Famicom.png (291KB, 640x398px) Image search: [Google]
Famicom.png
291KB, 640x398px
Best games on the Nintendo Famicom?

Both Japan exclusive and games also released on NES welcome.
>>
File: mitsu.jpg (40KB, 600x413px) Image search: [Google]
mitsu.jpg
40KB, 600x413px
Mitsume ga tooru aka 3 Eyes Kid
>>
Gimmick, Cocoron, Kid dracula
>>
>>3685898
FDS version of Zelda 2.
>>
Falsion. One of the best rail shooters.
>>
Lagrange Point
>>
All of the above.
Also Wanpaku Graffiti, Don Doko Don 2 and Getsufuu Maden.
>>
>>3686670
Other than the extra sound channel, the NES version was superior in every way.
>>
>>3686980
said no one ever who isn't a delusional amerilard
>>
>>3685898
Summer Carnival '92 Recca
Crisis Force
Nekketsu Kakutou Densetsu
Nekketsu Street Basket Ganbare Dunk Heroes
Splatterhouse Wanpaku Graffiti
Akumajou Special
>>
>>3686980
Because FDS games suck and lockout chips are awesome. Fucking kek kiddo.
>>
GRADIUS 2
R
A
D
I
U
S
>>
Bokosuka Wars is is radical and requires no japanese knowledge to play. it's like the godfather of strategy games, and wholly unique
>>
>>3685898
that football rpg
>>
>>3689280
Is it actually good? Had my eye on it lately but I just keep hearing it's kusoge
>>
>>3690189
>i'm too poor to buy games but not too poor to be a weeb.
Cool weeb story weebro.
>>
File: 2702360-layla001.png (42KB, 768x672px) Image search: [Google]
2702360-layla001.png
42KB, 768x672px
>>3685898
Motherfuckin' Layla.
>>
>>3690189
It's definitely quaint, it's a fairly early Fami ('85) game that's a port of a PC game ('83), but the game play is actually quite fun. It's very basic, I've never beaten it, but I always enjoy playing it, I find it relaxing seeing how far I can get. And it actually just got a sequel on X1 / PS4, so it definitely has a following in Japan. It's also super cheap. I would recommend as a solid addition to any Famicom collection, and one with basically 0 Japanese text.
>>
>>3690319
I'm interested in this because I like girls.
Is it good?
>>
>>3690651
The gameplay is very similar to xexyz and another famicom game, bio warrior dan. It's definitely worth playing.
>>
Not exclusive to the Famicom but your import collection would be sorely missing without the FC Dragon Quest games.
>>
Megami Tensei II is one of the best RPGs on the system.
>>
>>3689285
Captain Tsubasa?
>>
>>3692121
And the translation isn't finished, but it's partly playable and gives a good taste of the quality/gameplay.

http://www.dmanufacture.com/t-dds2.php
>>
File: 1478464091684.png (26KB, 309x249px) Image search: [Google]
1478464091684.png
26KB, 309x249px
>>3690279
>getting upset over the word kusoge in a post talking about kusoge
>>
>>3693904
>being a weeb samefag
>>
Thexder. That game is a fascinating nightmare.
>>
>>3687321
>>3688437
If you don't know what you're talking, keep your mouths shut.

The only thing worse than an idiot is one aggressive with his ignorance:

https://tcrf.net/Zelda_II:_The_Adventure_of_Link/Regional_Differences
>>
>>3694174
Well you sure showed them. lol.
>>
>>3694174
>sprite changes
So, literally nothing. Some of them look worse too.
>>
>>3686848
>Lagrange Point
hmm doesn't seem playable if you don't speak japanese
>>
Holy diver is a really good castlevania clone. Also its more of a cult classic but I just have to mention gimmick, fucking phenomenonal.

>>3695258
Has a fan translation. I haven't played it myself but it seems really technically impressive. Released very late and has a unique chip.
>>
>>3692096
playable without knowledge of japanese though?
>>
>>3695258
It's been translated, and well.
>>
>>3695258
>can't understand "START" cuz it's romaji
kek
>>
>>3695287
>>3695272
interesting. how does playing a japanese rpg with a translation work? seems like a laborious task
>>
>>3695943
Exactly the same as if you're playing an English release? How is it more laborious with English text onscreen than Japanese?
>>
>>3695943
you god damn retarded
>>
>>3695943
You patch the ROM, and then stick the ROM on a flash cart (or play it on an emulator). Then you play the game, like you would an english game. Have you never played a fan-translated game before? (I'm not being a dick, genuinely curious)
>>
>>3695958
>>3695969

i own an actual famicom console. i would be buying an old cart copy of the game - so i was assuming you were talking about some sort of "follow along to the text / document translation while you play" sort of idea rather than modded roms.

>>3696273

Interesting. No, I've never played a fan translation.
>>
>>3696568
Gotcha, yeah many of them can be played on a PowerPak or EverDrive. Or you can get bootlegs of anything you want made on AliExpress, including translated ROMs.
>>
>>3696568
Welcome aboard the retrogaming bandwagon! Here's your Pabst and Doki Doki Panic factoid!
>>
>>3696628
Real Famicom-fans drink Miller.
>>
A lot of ports of namco arcade games never made it to NES. Dragon buster, youkai douchuuki, tower of druaga, all kinds of good shit. Most of them require zero Japanese knowledge too.
>>
>>3686670
The battle theme is 10 times worse and more repetitive, others musics are ok but the NES still sounds more pumped up.
>>
Dragon Ball Z 1, 2, 3 and Gaiden
>>
File: mku02.gif (8KB, 256x240px) Image search: [Google]
mku02.gif
8KB, 256x240px
Moai Kun

puzzle-platformer

Think Lolo's adventure but with a "side scroller" view
>>
>>3698998
No one cares, retard, fuck off.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.