[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could use help /vr/. As much as I love collecting but the cost

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

Could use help /vr/.

As much as I love collecting but the cost is just becoming too much for me. With the holidays I have some extra cash and decided I want to try flash carts. What are the best nes, snes, and genesis flash carts? I imagine those three consoles have the most advanced ones so I would look into those.
>>
Bump, please help guys.
>>
>>3685602
Best or best value? You can get a chinese Super Everdrive AND Mega Everdrive for less than the price of an SD2SNES
>>
>>3685987
Thanks for replying.

Looking for quality over price. If the quality difference is big I am willing to pay more. I thought maybe some people could tell me about what they use.
>>
>>3685993
Most of us use the clones and find 2% better compatibility not worth 2x-3x the price even with savestates and faster loading but yeah the best ones are SD2SNES Mega Everdrive (the cheaper one is EDMD) and N8 Everdrive.
>>
>>3685993
Just get the chink ones
Theres zero difference
>>
>>3685998
>>3686000
If the quality difference isn't that huge then yeah the cheaper is preffered.

I was looking at the incompatibly list and while some things like kirgy games, SMRPG, and X2-X3 seem upseting to lose most are shit I don't care about.

So with an everdrive where would you guys reccomend I purchase one?
>>
>>3686007
taobao
>>
>>3686007
Go here:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Custom-game-with-8g-card-free/32732017425.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000023.1.eJIFuO

Change the "color" to choose your system.

You can get a Genesis flash cart for 30 bucks, a regular SNES one for 50, or if you care about X2, and X3 as well as the other tidbits that SD2SNES covers extra, there is even a knockoff of that for 140. Sadly they are sold out on the N8 though, so you'll have to find that one elsewhere.
>>
>>3687743
The SD2SNES is Open Source, so it's technically not even a knockoff.
>>
>>3685602
Get the Powerpak for the NES and use Loopy's mappers
>>
>>3687743
Fuck yeah, thanks anon. I'm going to keep this link on hand.

By the way, does anyone know why they took down all flashcarts from Aliexpress and similar sites? Seems sketchy as hell.
>>
Could always make your own. Costs about $4 dollars for parts to build a Megadrive flash cart if you already own an eeprom programmer and a soldering gun
>>
>>3689014
Even better, it costs about $0 in parts if you already own a flash cart.
>>
>>3689110
Not sure where you're going with that. Everyone should own a soldering gun, and any electronics hobbyist should own an eprom programmer, they're only like $20-50 dollars these days.
>>
>>3689141
Sorry, I thought I was dealing with someone who'd actually built an MD repro and called it a flash cart. I didn't realize you were just a baby parrot who hasn't even accomplished that. Pics of your $20 programmer that can handle high capacity 16 bit 5v flash. kek
>>
If you plan to order flashcarts from china use this shop:

http://junfangames.taobao.com/

You will need a Taobao agent to buy them and mail them to you. This guy's shop is the only one authorized by krikzz to sell everdrives though, so if you buy here you will get updates and support. krikzz says he has no input in the sd2snes being sold there though, the project is open source and all the files needed to make one are on github. You can probably expect not to have MSU-1 support if you buy one of those but otherwise it's going to be fine and update.
>>
>>3685602
>Super Everdrive has bullshit load times and no special chip support
>SD2SNES has instant loading and special chip support
I regret just not spending extra for sd2snes, everdrive loading takes way too long.
>>
>>3689769
You should ditch yours on ebay and get a sd2snes.
>>
>>3689769
You should regret pretending you have either.
>>
File: 1481554248077.jpg (61KB, 300x200px)
1481554248077.jpg
61KB, 300x200px
>>3690228
What did he mean by this?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.