[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You are now aware that there are retards out there who allow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

You are now aware that there are retards out there who allow people to hack up their original famicom carts to put translated versions of games on them. These retards could buy flash carts or Chinese made bootlegs but it's "just not the same as having a real cartridge" to them.
>>
How can I do this?

I much prefer to have the original hardware than use flashcart.
>>
>>3685170
Just buy from the chinks. It's cheaper and will last longer. If you contact them they'll put any rom you want on a cart and make labels for you.
>>
The correct approach would be to learn Japanese and play the games in their true form.
>>
>>3685176
>will last longer
No chance
>>
>>3685179
Hmmm, a brand new pcb made in a factory vs letting some random guy solder eeproms onto an old one. Hmmm...
>>
>>3685169
I only did this with my MOTHER cart, and only because I was young and didn't know about AliExpress and the PowerPak was too pricy for me at the time. I've since learned my lesson, but at least I actually beat the game so it wasn't just sitting on a shelf.
>>
File: gits1.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
gits1.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
I don't really mind, I already have my pristine copy of Mother 1 unaltered and CIB.
>>
>>3685169
I knew a used game shop owner that pulled this exact kind of shit. Was enough to make me lose respect for the guy and never bother to visit his place again.

>>3685178
Either this or use a fucking flash cart. Don't be a fucking pleb and desecrate out-of-print game cartridges that are already hard to come by as they are.
>>
>>3685184
I fix chinese shit often (usually PSUs, some other stuff), and responsible person who knows how to use his tools would do much better job than Chinese factory worker.
>>
>>3685169
If you care so much about real carts why are you so assmad that others want to play on real carts?

>>3686707
>brazilan factory worker > chinese factory worker
kek
>>
File: article[1].jpg (184KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
article[1].jpg
184KB, 1024x683px
>>3687613
>500 Brazillian factory workers quota'd to the breaking point in order to meet the global demand for eprom swapped fucking Famicom cartridges
>>
>>3687613
Once you hack it up it's no longer real. It's just a vandalized cart with an eeprom soldered in, worthless as can be. There are only a few cases in which this is acceptable. Want to play Starfox 2 on real hardware? This is your only choice. Otherwise you need to be smacked in the face with a Chinese clone everdrive.
>>
>>3687626
and overclock dat shit while yer at it ya filthy animal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOU2GikRRY8
>>
>>3687635
>gameplay is faster
worthless
>>
>>3687624
Brazilians work in sweatshops, not factories.

also, they can't fix famicom carts with sewing machines like in your pic.
>>
>>3685169

This is what the shaq-fu's should have been harvested for
>>
File: famicom slut gets hot facial.jpg (863KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
famicom slut gets hot facial.jpg
863KB, 2560x1920px
>>3687635
>Drakon
That cartridge is filled with his hot sticky fluids hot glue
>>
File: Super_Mario_RPG.jpg (483KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Super_Mario_RPG.jpg
483KB, 640x480px
Thoughts on using flash memory for repros?
>>
>>3687626
How is a cart you can play worthless and not real? You sound like an assmad autist.
>>
>>3688230
Real cartridges are priceless artifacts that need preservation. Repros are just roms on carts. Everyone bitches about the prices of games going up yet this kind of activity is rarely called out. Obviously there are exceptions, especially on SNES games that can't be played with flash carts. In most cases a flash cart is cheaper than this homemade garbage and it's indefensible though.
>>
>>3686707
except that all of this shit is produced by machines in China, humans never touch them except to do QC.

flash memory will also generally outlast an EPROM.

stop destroying real carts and just buy china shit from aliexpress
>>
>>3688228
if it's called for, why the fuck not?
desu the only real board you should be using to create repros is a SFX to make Starfox 2...
>>
>>3688228
It's what I usually use. I have a board that converts tsop to dip mrom pinout so it's a drop in replacement, or piggy back, instead of a fsm wiring cluster fuck.

>>3688237
Real carts are cheap old toys with a rom on them. I still pick up carts for ¥100 all the time. It gives me pleasure to know that an assmad burgerboi is offended by what I do to them.
>>
i could've sworn there were some sites that sold completely new cartridge parts that people used for repros

that's much better than actually butchering one
>>
>>3689136
Completely new cartridge parts that are custom chips that have been out of production for decade? I think you sworn wrong. For basic carts or parts that have been reverse engineered sure. But it still may be cheaper, quicker and easier to just modify an original cart.
Bear in mind that not everyone butchers their cart doing that. Babies who cry about that are retards who watch hack a day videos of other babies cutting pins with nail clippers, running wires all over the place and holding shit in place with drakon spooge. A good mod can be clean and fully reversible.
>>
>>3689797
yes, the mapper was actually done using some kind of FPGA i believe

not too different from how flash carts work, in a way

if i remember the website that sold those parts i'll link it here eventually
>>
>>3685170
FLASHCARTS ARE THE ORIGINAL HARDWARE YOU FUCKING RETARD IT'S JUST ACCESSING IT THROUGH A DIFFERENT MEDIUM
>>
>>3685169
Like your great Angry Video Game Nerd and the way he'll only play shitty hacks if they're flashed onto a rare game cartridge?
>>
>>3688280
>except that all of this shit is produced by machines in China
And they do shit work sometimes, just look at MVS multi-cartridges that you have to fix for proper operation.
Sometimes Chinese don't even clean flux off the PCBs.
>>
>>3689797
>>3689802
you can buy blank boards from many places and simply fit them with the proper chips. they support most common mappers but obviously not anything with expansion processors.

you can also buy reproduction shells brand new from china. there's literally no excuse to trash real games to make repros anymore unless you're doing Starfox 2.
>>
>>3689992
i want to do that some day, but i just can't invest in a soldering iron yet

i wish i had a cartridge for final fantasy 2
>>
>>3689802
>mappers are the only custom chips used in carts
Nope. When you remember the site selling those new SFXs be sure to post the link. lol.
>>
>>3690007
i'm talking about NES repros though you retard
>>
>>3689998
Then buy a cartridge for FF2 for the Famicom. What's so hard about that? Taking a ROM cassette and overwriting it doesn't give you a real copy of the game, it just destroys another one in the process.
>>
>>3690073
it doesn't destroy shit if i'm using completely new parts
>>
>>3690075
It destroys what it is intended to be.
>>
>>3690010
That was an unnecessarily hurtful thing to say
>>
>>3689992
>trash
When will you autists get over this? Seriously?

>>3690010
>im retarded and talking about nes repros even though not everyone is.
>im also retarded because there were other custom chips on the nes
Well I guess you got me. You're not retarded. You're double retarded, minimum.
>>
>>3685169
Smoke em' if you got em'
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.