[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When 5th gen was new

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 11

File: 1479748177292.jpg (90KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1479748177292.jpg
90KB, 640x640px
Be honest when 5th gen was new did you even still give a shit to play your old consoles?
>>
I got a 3DO in 1995, played games like Gex and Total Eclipse for a bit, then went back to SNES and Genesis.
In 1996 I got a PS1 and N64, and then yeah I was too busy playing stuff like Mario 64, Wave Race 64, Ridge Race Revolution and Tekken II to give a shit about 16-bit, but in christmas of 96 I got DKC3 so I played the SNES again for that game.
I think I went back to 16-bit consoles in the early 2000s.
6th gen wasn't doing it for me that much.
>>
I was pretty enamored with the Super NES when I got back, but still played the original NES occasionally. Same thing when I got all the relevant fifth gen consoles (PS1, N64, Saturn).
>>
I was still on super nintendo until playstations dropped in price to 100$, but once i got one i didnt give any fucks to play 4th gen anymore. I was still jealous of the people who had N64
>>
Good lord, yes. The 5th generation was frustrating as fuck. Ugly visuals, shitty loading times, long waits between game releases (thanks, Nintendo), and publishers seemed to devise an insidious plot to kill off 2D sprite-based games (and were largely very successful, mostly thanks to SONY). And on top of that, most of the games that received amazing scores in magazines did absolutely nothing for me.

No, I still clung to my Genesis and SNES long after I got a Saturn, PS1, and N64. In fact, it was probably the shittiness of that generation that forced me to dive back into older games full-stop.
>>
Of course. My birthday is in March so that was a 9-month dry spell between then and Christmas where I didn't get a new N64 game, so of course I went to my older systems. At that time I also belonged to a game trading website where I was trading and buying for mostly SNES games. It was during that time where I got Earthbound & guide for $20.
>>
>>3685131
What a miserable and bitter person you are.
>>
>>3685131
>publishers seemed to devise an insidious plot to kill off 2D sprite-based games
Because fuck progress, am I right?
>>
When 5th gen was 32x, CDi and 3DO no I thought gaming was dead and I might as well just play Genesis/expensive SNES games forever in the rare occasions I felt like gaming. PlayStation completely turned me around and brought me back into the fills where I've stayed ever since.
>>
>>3685164
>Killing genres is "progress"
>>
>>3685142

Not at all. Most of what I play today is retro and I couldn't possibly be happier.

>>3685164
>Because fuck progress, am I right?

If progress involves taking everything that came before and throwing it out the window, then yes, fuck progress.
>>
>>3685095
Absolutely. I still hadn't beaten a lot of my old nes games. Often I would play those games when I was at bay grandma's house, which was at the least once a week.
>>
>>3685164
>progress
>>
File: October_97.jpg (745KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
October_97.jpg
745KB, 2592x1944px
>>3685095
I sure did.

It was still a time when the line of Street Fighter 2 games dominated the arcades but some fine NeoGeo games kept trying to find working variations of the formula, my SNES was getting amazing titles still (like the upcoming Chrono Trigger which was my first ever preorder), my cousins' Genesis was still getting great games and hitting its stride with Konami and Treasure titles, the Duo was building up titles I really wanted (finally got it prior to Dreamcast release in a huge bundle of all amazing games), the 486 was getting all sorts of new great titles like Doom, Lucasarts adventure games, sci-fi space sims, etc.

All that while the 3D0 only had impressive looking boxes behind the counter at Babbages, but priced itself away from me and the only title I remember staring at a lot was 3D0's version of Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo ... I saw the Jaguar was at a special monthly meeting, and I did think Tempest 2000 was very cool, but we had LAN Rise of the Triad and Descent which just relegated whoever was playing Tempest 2000 to great background music and no other title had been shown off on the system ... it only took someone bringing in their import Saturn and Playstation which did impress me with Panzer Dragoon and Battle Arena Toshinden at the time, it was good stuff and I did eventually get both, but I can still play all the games we had while I get the means to get more SS & PS games.

I did play around with the CD-I first at a trade show. Loved the gigantic trackball controller, but the games were nice to try, but didn't give any thought to owning. Eventually I went to the other building where Nintendo and Sega had their exhibits: Final Fantasy 6, Megaman X, SNES SF2T, Sonic 2, Silpheed, Streets of Rage 2 ... all more than enough reason having the CD-I dead in the water from just one trade show.

tl;dr: even if I had the money back then, I'd still rather all the systems on the left than any on the right at the time.
>>
File: Not_next_gen.jpg (2MB, 2304x1443px) Image search: [Google]
Not_next_gen.jpg
2MB, 2304x1443px
>>3685235
whoops ... wrong picture
>>
>>3685164

The only reason they killed off sprites is because 1) sprites cost more and are more difficult to do right and 2) The Playstation couldn't handle sprites very well, plus SCEA wanted to market the console to plebs so they intentionally cockblocked the sprite-based games made in Japan for the PS1 because they were afraid they would harm their "hip" and "trendy" corporate image. The few sprite based games that managed to come over, the publishers had to basically threaten Sony to allow them to release them. Konami actually told them they wouldn't release Metal Gear Solid if they wouldn't let them publish Symphony of the Night. A similar situation happened with Capcom and Mega Man 8/X4.
>>
I'll be honest, no I didn't. My family wasn't that rich, so we'd have to trade in the older system to get the new one. It wasn't until the 6th gen that I started diving back into older games, through emulation at first, then I eventually bought an NES.
>>
>>3685239
fucking sony
>>
>>3685239
Thank goodness Sony refused. It would have been a real shame if all those shitty 2D or overly-Japanesey games took retail space away from Bubsy 3D and Blasto.
>>
File: 1464673966894.jpg (135KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1464673966894.jpg
135KB, 640x480px
>>3685239
Sony...
>>
>>3685254

Sony wasn't worried about quality. They were all about image. Bubsy and Blasto had the type of 'look' that Sony was looking for. A game like Castlevania, in Sony's mind, reminded people of Nintendo and old 16-bit games, and they were doing everything they could to destroy that image of gaming.
>>
Yes, same way I am playing 8th gen and down now. Every gen I pick a new console. Get a few games I know I'll play a lot. Pick up the previous gen games I missed our on. By the time I have beat the games I picked up there are used games on the market and a larger selection.
>>
>>3685095
>when 5th gen was new did you even still give a shit to play your old consoles?

Of course I did but not by choice. Owning a console when it was relatively new would of been ecstasy. I was always a generation behind growing up(parents were/are very cheap) up until the DC came out. Was able to get that bad boy a month after it came out(with my own money). Easily the most magical time for me as a gamer.
>>
>>3685095
Yes, I did actually. As a matter of fact, it wasn't till the release of the N64 that I was playing most of the games I still love nowadays on the SNES. At the moment, my nostalgia for the SNES is stronger than the NES and the N64 combined even though I liked all of them equally back in the 90s.
>>
>>3685264
>A game like Castlevania, in Sony's mind, reminded people of Nintendo and old 16-bit games, and they were doing everything they could to destroy that image of gaming.
Which is why we got 2D titles like Symphony of the Night and Chronicles released everywhere on the PS1, right?
>>
>>3685359
Chronicles looks exactly like an SNES game. Maybe they were on to something.
>>
>>3685264
It wasn't just image, they were worried about releasing games where the competitor was better. So they didn't like 2d games because most of the time the Saturn versions made the PSX ports look stupid. This was also why they opted to not release some titles which were impressive on the Saturn, for example Quake.
>>
>>3685216
>>3685220
>>3685224
You guys realize all of the fashionable gaming magazines at the time were telling us 2d platforming was stale and needed to be thrown out, right?

An example: in his Joe and Mac review Brett Weis claims "It's fun, but this style of game is gradually going the way of the dinosaur." I can provide numerous other such cases.

3d action adventure and fps multi-player is the necessary evolution of the past time, you guys just failed to evolve. As a result you geriatrics are cooped up here in your retirement home lamenting about the games of old.
>>
>>3685451(YOU)(YOU)
>>
>>3685238
Interesting. The PC-Engine Duo RX cost a shit tonne of money on release, yet all they complain about is the release library. I wonder if a better library could've really helped them.
>>
>>3685451

Those magazines were trash. Except for GameFan. GameFan was awesome.
>>
>>3685362

It's a good thing it looks like a SNES game. It's one of the only games that doesn't look like a pile of vomit on the PS1 today.
>>
>>3685359
Yes, that's why I brought Castlevania up. Sony straight up refused to let Konami release SOTN in North America until Konami threatened to take MGS from them.
>>
The SNES was relevant to me and everyone around me until 2000-2002, when suddenly everyone moved on to 6th gen, myself included, and everything became modern overnight. I don't even know what the hell happened to my SNES.
During their time, to me the PlayStation and the 64 were mere curiosities that only rich kids had. I surely wasn't impressed by their graphics, though I might have been too young.
>>
>>3685840
>I surely wasn't impressed by their graphics, though I might have been too young.

I find it hard to believe that someone, especially a kid, wouldn't be impressed by stuff like Super Mario 64, Shadows of the Empire, Tekken or Ridge Racer back in the mid 90s.
>>
File: 1481917821390.jpg (82KB, 640x634px) Image search: [Google]
1481917821390.jpg
82KB, 640x634px
>>3685852
Yea forreal
5th gen blew my damn mind boy
>>
>>3685852
Why would they? The arcades had way better 3D graphics. It's 1995, you have the choice between a gorgeous looking 2D game like Chrono Trigger, or like that anon said, if you were a rich kid you got... Toshinden.
>>
>>3685852

Not him, but I was impressed with Mario 64 from a gameplay standpoint. It was amazing to be able to move your character around in 3 dimensions like that.

Visually, I always thought it looked assy. Along with every other early 3D polygonal game.
>>
>>3685095
I was a poorfag kid. Everyone was playing crash on playstation or mario on n64 and all I had was a nes clone and a cartridge with "1000 games".

I remember hitting my nes clone really hard in anger. When I finally got a ps1 slim I cried a lot. It was one of the happiest days of my life.
>>
>>3685824
Was it just me or did / do they seem a little corrupt?
>>
>>3685852
I sure wasn't. 3D was ugly. I wasn't a kid, though.
>>
>>3685814
But it was true that most the best games stayed in Japan and the release in USA trickled to practically mail order only.

>>3685852
To me back then the polygons pushed were a good show of tech, but lacked the refinement of drawn pixel art. Think of how CG animations of the time (Reboot) were ugly to me like compared to cel animated shows of years before.
>>
>>3685239
>The Playstation couldn't handle sprites very well
Uh...the PS1 handles sprites better than any console released before it (possibly with the exception of Neo Geo) and better than Saturn.
>>
>>3686374
/vr are just a bunch of posers who all parrot that the Sega Saturn was the greatest console ever if only it wasn't demolished by the PSX because "people are stupid" and "it cost $100 less" or "localizing shitty shooters would have saved it".

There are tons of 2D games for the playstation. There are more 2D games for the playstation than there are good games for the Saturn and N64 combined.

They can't even come up with a reason to hate the N64 anymore. They just refer to it as "plebian" as if it is an actual argument.

Honestly I don't think /vr knows anything about video games other than the stuff they pirate on phone with a crap or no controller. Which is why they hate the 5th generation so much. The emulators are crap and you can't fit the entire catalog on your phone like the previous generations.
>>
>>3685359
2 2DCastlevanias over a span of like 8 years of the PS1's life. What's your point, retard?
>>
>>3686374
>better than the Saturn
>Neo Geo

Wrong.
>>
>>3686384
5th gen was legitimately shit though. The only novel gimmick was that you could bring 3D home from the arcades. But the tech wasn't there, it looked bad, the framerate was bad, the PS1 couldn't do proper texture mapping, the N64 had no VRAM. The release schedule for games for the N64, I mean Jesus were you there? And Metal Gear Solid, where to start. I mean that's where it all went to hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGR7m0Upv4o
>>
>>3686607
At sprites it's probably true cause the Neo Geo can keep pumping them directly from cartridge to screen without framebuffer stuff. PS1 is faster at the sprite framebuffer thing than Saturn.

The Saturn is better at 2D overall, but only because it's incredibly good at doing backgrounds. But backgrounds are not sprites.
>>
>>3685095

Nope not at all, I never looked back until the start of 7th Gen once nostalgia and an appreciation for that retro aesthetic kicked in. I was like a lot of people at the time that thought 2D was just stale, old and shit once I had gotten a PS1 around 97.
>>
>>3686614
Could you be any more desperate for approval
>>
It's ironic how 20 years later, it's the people that like 2D which have turned into the graphic whores.
>>
>>3685095
Yes, myself and most of my friends were all still on the SNES, we didn't get into 5th gen until later on when it had some good games. Now that I think about that I've always waited until late into whichever current gen before getting into it - waited until '04 to get into 6th gen, waited until '09 to get into 7th, still haven't gotten into 8th yet.
>>
>>3686762
There has been always this inferiority complex, that 2D wasn't different, just worse. I guess that in those times, the few of them that still enjoyed 2D defended themselves by saying graphics weren't that important.
>>
>>3686762

I prefer to think of myself as an art whore. 2D games, at least ones that come from Japan, have nice looking assets.

3D games, especially older ones, do not.
>>
>>3685095
Yeah. I kept all of my old stuff hooked up and in regular use until about 2008, I think. Then I began to notice that most of the time if I was playing games, it was modern stuff, online with friends. Also, virtual console became a thing and I fell for it and bought the retro vidya that I played most frequently. It was the shittiness of the last couple of generations that made me realize I'd rather go back to retro, since there are a lot of games I always wanted to play as a kid but just kind of forgot about.

I remember in the early 2000s going to flea markets with my grandpa and seeing all kinds of SNES and NES games still in their original packaging for crazy-cheap. I recall buying Star Fox and Link to the Past for like 10-15 bucks each. I wish I had known how miserable the retro game market would become, I would have bought so much more back then.
>>
>>3685095
>Be honest
Frogfags are cancer.
I've played old vidya since the early 70's when it started getting old.
>>
>>3686983
fuck off oldfag
no one cares
>>
>>3686994
t. Cancer
>>
>>3686750
I approve of that anon's post.
>>
5th gen gets a lot more hate than it deserves.

And those of you who say you weren't impressed with the visuals of games like Super Mario 64, Virtua Fighter 2 or Ridge Racer Revolution in 1996, are simply lying, or weren't actuall there when these games came out.
>>
>>3687209
>or weren't actuall there when these games came out.
Increasingly likely as time marches on.
>>
I never really enjoyed 3D games.

I remember my dad losing his fucking mind over Tomb Raider and I think it soured my opinion over these games to this day.

I remember he'd point at the screen to Lara and tell my mom " that's what a REAL woman looks like" despite her giving birth to me and my 3 brothers.
>>
>>3686983
no you didn't
>>
>>3685095
>ruining Chrono Trigger with Chrono Cross
>ruining DKC series with DK 64
>BUT HEY IT'S 3D SO IT MUST BE BETTER!
>clunky controls with that fucking annoying camera shifting place

Eventually the 3D meme went away, and they fixed the issues for games where it made sense. But the 5th gen itself was pretty much trash for me.
>>
>>3687260

I never really did either because 3D games always felt less precise in the controls. And because they were, it always felt like they had to dumb the difficulty of the games down or add weird auto-features to help make controlling the game easier for the player. Which defeats the purpose, to me.
>>
>>3687209
>And those of you who say you weren't impressed with the visuals of games like Super Mario 64, Virtua Fighter 2 or Ridge Racer Revolution in 1996, are simply lying, or weren't actuall there when these games came out.
I was there. And to be quite fucking honest with you, I was not impressed at all. It was just a "meh, who cares about graphics".

But I guess I never bothered too much with graphics as long as the gameplay was decent.
>>
>>3687209

I was 17 when Mario 64 came out. Like mentioned previously, I was very impressed by the gameplay and the game itself, but the graphics looked very ugly to me at the time. Going from beautiful sprite graphics with beautiful presentations in the 16-bit era to ugly blocky polygons with tons of framerate issues. Like, Castlevania looks much better than Castlevania 64 despite being 10 years older. Like a lot better, it always has. Castlevania 64 looks like a mess. And it played like a mess. But people put up with it because...ooh, 3D, I guess.

Jangling keys impress simple minds. Sorry, I would argue the opposite. If you were really truly blown away from those games visually, I think you must have been very young at the time. We'd had polygonal games in other places years before those games came out, and they looked a lot better, too.
>>
File: dickbutt.jpg (51KB, 800x751px) Image search: [Google]
dickbutt.jpg
51KB, 800x751px
Everyone in this thread is in a retro games sub, but most people hate an old generation. No wonders Christopher Moot sold this site.
>>
>>3687294
What are you whining about?
>>
>>3687294
>sub
>>
>>3687292
The one thing about 3D that 2D can't compete with is atmosphere.

Say what you want about Castlevania 64 but that game has undeniably good atmosphere, even with the anachronisms.
>>
>>3687209
You need to learn that not everyone has the same mind you do.
>>
>>3686762
Nah, a "graphics whore" would be a person who won't play a game that doesn't live up to their standards, visually, despite the game being otherwise fun and playble. Having a preference for 2d visuals over 3d doesn't make one a graphics whore if they concede the game is still fun otherwise, despite their preference. The opposite is also true.
>>
>>3687284
>dumb the difficulty of the games down or add weird auto-features to help make controlling the game easier
That's my general impression of third-person 3D action games even today.
>>
File: Tengai Makyou 4th Apacolypse.jpg (66KB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
Tengai Makyou 4th Apacolypse.jpg
66KB, 640x448px
I had more fun with my Saturn than any game system before or since, but I wasn't playing 3D games on it.
>>
>>3685095
Yeah. Despite having an N64 and being wowed by "oh shit 3D," I'd still play my NES, SNES and Genesis all the time.
it also helped that my brothers hogged the N64 all the time to play Turok or MK Trilogy or whatever

>>3685239
There's literally nothing about the PS1 that makes sprites hard for it other than a relatively limited amount of RAM, which was still more than anything before it.
The Saturn's biggest advantage in that regard was the VDP2, which was pretty much how the SNES drew backgrounds, but on steroids. More colors, more blending modes, it's able to draw multiple "mode-7" playfields (of course, drawing both takes away the layer you'd use to draw the actual background with), etc.
All stuff that the PS1 would have to do manually by cobbling together a structure out of triangles (which isn't too bad, but it's just easier on Saturn -- as in less effort, not significantly more taxing on the machine).

PS1 doesn't have a sprite reputation entirely because of Sony's 3D push.

>>3685852
Tekken always looked ugly, but those animations were great.
but hot fucking damn, Tekken was always ugly, up until Tekken 3

Ridge Racer... holds up oddly well to the arcade, even though the framerate is cut in half and the lighting is gimped. When viewed side-by-side, it looks surprisingly decent. Same with Time Crisis on PS1 actually, model geometry doesn't seem to take a hit, just framerate, textures, and lighting.
Mario 64 is one of the N64 games I still think looks pretty nice still.
>>
Wipeout and Tomb Raider both ran at 20fps on the Saturn and 30fps on the Playstation.

That means that the Playstation is 50% stronger than the Saturn in 3D.
What % stronger is the Saturn in 2D than the Playstation?

What % stronger is the N64 than the Saturn in 3D?
What % stronger is the N64 than the Playstation in 3D?

What % of 2D power does the N64 have compared to the Playstation?
What % of 2D power does the N64 have compared to the Saturn?
>>
>>3687149
Thank you anon, you're a true friend. We'll play NBA Jam in heaven.
>>
>>3687441
Multiplats on the N64 tend to perform worse framerate-wise than on Playstation

The Playstation was just the better optimized system of that generation, and I'm an N64 kid
>>
>>3685095
Get your stupid frog meme bullshit out of here
>>
>>3686994
You care

>>3687264
Angry baby is angry
>>
Of course I did. Some less bright kids were like "oh who the hell would play all that old stuff now". It was sorta forgiveable for the time that was in it, with amazing new 3D games blowing everyone's mind. Better than the kids of today saying the same thing for a new Call of Duty game which is essentially turning into Madden with yearly updates.
>>
>>3686614

>5th gen was legitimate shit.

FF7,8,9, Tactics, anthology, origins
Gran Turismo
Spyro
Tekkens
Tomb Raider
Twisted Metal
Resident Evil
SSF Alpha Series
Metal Gear
Tony Hawk
Zelda OOT and Majora
Mario Kart 64
Smash Brothers
Banjo
Star Fox 64
Wave Race
Perfect Dark
Goldeneye
and on and on and on and on.

Great meme opinion kiddo.
>>
Initially, no. I was 12 and went from SNES to PS1 and thought that I'd never go back. After about two years, though, I started becoming interested in playing my SNES again.
>>
>>3687918
Games good despite the hardware. Some that aren't 3D. And plenty that didn't need to be 3D.
>>
>>3687468
>Multiplats on the N64 tend to perform worse framerate-wise than on Playstation

That's only true on shitty ports like Gex and A Bug's Life. Meanwhile, Rayman 2, Shadow Man, Rush, Battletanx, Space Station Silicon Valley, etc run and look better on N64.

>The Playstation was just the better optimized system
Even in the worst case scenario the N64 expends power into creating stable non-glitchy 3D, unlike PS1. That's to be taken into account.
>>
>>3687961

>Great games but I don't like 3D because it isn't old enough to be accepted as hipster.

Way to walk back that argument from "All 5th Gen games are shit" to "Good games, but I wish they weren't 3D."

Awesome argument because everybody hated Ocarina when Zelda went 3D or Mario. Resident Evil would have been awesome as a 2D game right? Tony Hawk on GBA was way better as isometric 2D, everybody knows that. FF7 wasn't a huge hit as the new generation of 3D final fantasy games either...

Just stop talking. It's getting embarrassing.
>>
File: Kornheiser_Why.jpg (73KB, 600x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Kornheiser_Why.jpg
73KB, 600x1040px
>>3685095
When the N64 came out my family took away the SNES and shoved it away in a garage. I never really saw it again.

No idea what the fuck they did that for.
>>
File: ganon.jpg (75KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
ganon.jpg
75KB, 400x300px
>>3688043
I said 5th gen was shit, I didn't say "all 5th gen games were shit." Nice fake quote though.
>>
File: Wipe_them_out_all_of_them.jpg (479KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
Wipe_them_out_all_of_them.jpg
479KB, 2592x1944px
I thought the thread was about when 5th Gen was new. So I was referring to the 3D0, Jaguar, and CDi. At that time, it was really easy for me to stick with what I already had, in part due to limited resources, but also those systems failed to captivate me.

Aside from the trade show where I first tried out CDi, I also remember the demo kiosks in a local store called "Service Merchandise" which focused on its multimedia functions rather than games.

I think the Babbages had some demo kiosks of the 3D0 and I was honestly underwhelmed. Though these days, I kind of want a 3D0 for Suchie Pai and Road Rash, just cannot afford them.

I've already described my Jaguar experience in >>3685235 ... tho I do remember some people playing Alien Vs. Predator, but at that time I had already experienced Wolf3D and Doom on DOS.

The Virtual Boy was a curio, but I guess the "Boy" moniker made me think of the GameBoy, and I was not into portables until after what would be categorized as "Gen 5." So that too did not impress me.

Also polygons weren't exactly amazing to me, I just viewed them as another way to render things. Like one can get more visible angles at an enemy ship in X-Wing than the scaled pixel art ships in Wing Commander 1&2. However as mentioned, the polygons lacked detail at the time and texture maps still were low res (nothing wrong with that, just a limitation of the time, and can be charming of a look if the art design calls for it, like the Megaman Legends games). These days, polygons plus all the shaders do yield impressive results to me, most recently, ramp shaders with adjusted normals to achieve the look Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- has.

Happy ending is that the Playstation, Saturn, N64, and Dreamcast did get me fully engaged into the generation. The Saturn ended out to be on of my most favorite systems.
>>
>>3688048
People just only want to play what's new and exciting
You know how many PS3s people got rid of when PS4 CAme out?
>>
>>3685095
Yea, but not physically. I discovered emulation during that period. Whenever I got a new generation system, my parents would sell the previous one and the games wit it, so through emulation, I got to play games I never had the chance to play.
>>
>>3689323
The millions that has been taking up space sitting under their TV with their power light flashing for the last 5 years? lol
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.