[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the best platformer of all time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 6698413678.jpg (53KB, 326x471px) Image search: [Google]
6698413678.jpg
53KB, 326x471px
Is this the best platformer of all time?
>>
>>3684483
It's good and the graphics are god-tier for NES. The physics in particular are very advanced and are at the core of game's mechanics.

But that said… Nah. I don't feel that star throwing mechanic was that intuitive. The level design was pretty good, but it's not on the level of SMB, Sonic, Megaman or Castlevania.

It's one of the best Sunsoft games, but it falls into the same pit as their other titles… Amazing graphics and music, but when it comes to substance it's just a very ordinary game.
>>
>>3684483
For NES, probably.

It's got nothing on Sanic, though.
>>
>>3684483
Arguably on NES.

My only complaints are some of the secrets seem way too obscure and to get the true ending is kinda bullshit but still a phenomenal game.
>>3684591
Disagree, however I wish there were more area with walls or thing to bounce them off of. Nothing more satisfying then riding a star and killing enemies.
>>
>>3684483
>Not Bubsy
>>
It's probably the most advanced platformer on the NES on a technical level.
As others already said the level design isn't the best and though the gameplay is enjoyable there platformers like SMB 3 and others are still just more fun so I wouldn't even call it
the best platformer on the NES itself.
It still is a really really good game though but a really hard one at that
That said, how autistic am I to actually own a copy of it?
>>
arino play gimmick

https://mega.nz/#!qhcDRIRI!CyVOTYiDCus-quKLWTXyBLinbKd3vMl6qH5m4ufd42E
>>
>>3684671
The jap version or the Scandinavian version?
>>
>>3684920
Scandinavian a shit it's missing a whole sound channel and runs at 50fps.
>>
>>3684483
hey slowbeef
>>
File: little ralph.jpg (75KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
little ralph.jpg
75KB, 640x640px
Not even on the NES and definitely not cross platform.

>>3684932
>a whole sound channel
An entire sound channel huh.
>>
>>3684483

it's definitely the most overrated
>>
That aint crash bandocoot
>>
File: DSC_0086.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0086.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
>>3684920
Japanese one.
Scandinavian would be fucking crazy though PAL still sucks ass
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.