[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Secret of Evermore?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (202KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
202KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: 1480588293684.png (137KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1480588293684.png
137KB, 300x300px
I understand that it's flawed and clearly rushed but it's still my most favorite game of all time.
>mfw almost 2017 and still nobody knows what the Magic Gourd does
>>
Getting the Lance formula was not the easiest thing
>>
File: 1-image001.png (37KB, 512x448px) Image search: [Google]
1-image001.png
37KB, 512x448px
Remember this place?

In one of the houses there was a man who said "come back later and we'll put that beard on you" or something like that.

But you never meet him again. I was very confused and searched for him forever but couldn't find him
>>
In Ebon Keep, in one of the houses near the top, if you go up the stairs to the second story you can see a room through a wall to the right with a couple treasure chests in it. I've never been able to get into this room despite multiple playthroughs.
Can't find a picture so enjoy this remastered track instead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htlEFbRMWSY
>>
>>3684160
You mean the room where a woman is? It's a small room with treasure chests?
>>
>>3684243
Not the crazy woman who sells alchemy ingredients. This room is on the second story.
The house its in is near the top of the map if I'm remembering correctly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpzrhmRw3JI
>>
>>3684131
I think by "later" he meant "When you're an adult"
>>
I never played this but have always heard of it. Would it be too much to ask some anon to give me a rundown of the story?
>>
Is there a way to get more Dry Ice? Does a Dry Ice salesman exist?
>>
>>3684276

The story's stupid, it doesn't matter.

But if you insist: Some kid who likes bad b- movies gets sucked into another world created by some scientist, after seeing a bad b movie and chasing after his dog chasing a car he stumbles upon this world and the scientists lab. The scientists assistant sends him down in some ship to the planet the scientist created or some shit and then wacky hijinks ensue until you save the world from the scientist's assistant or whatever

I love the game but the story is fucking stupid, so don't worry about it. The atmosphere is where all the good stuff is.
>>
It wasn't my favorite action RPG but it had it's moments.

"Introducing the challenger! Some loser with a stick!"
>>
>>3684109
Pre-history era was great because melee was fun and balanced with a semi comfy setting
once you get to the bronze age however melee damage takes a nose dive and alchemy becomes king
Crush to victory as you gain more money earned than spent
Run out of Crush ingredients mid medieval times
acquire bazooka
Panic and flail around with Fireball/Lance/bazooka until you can fly
Crush the fuck out of the space station
finish space station in 10 minutes
gather cores
grind exp at the chessboard spamming cheap alchemy stuff
finish last boss with controlling the dog with energize
>>
>>3684116
i think nintendo power even said its useless back in the day in an epic center strategies section
>>
>that moment when Tiny wants tapestry of all things to help you throw that rock at
>>
>>3684893
*at Nobilia market
>>
>>3684452

Nice walkthrough.
>>
I thought it was cute, the humor was nice and the alchemy system kinda sucked. 2 player hack is okay
>>
I don't understand why a dead save battery on this cart makes the game completely unplayable.
I've seen it on two different evermores.
>>
>>3684415

This plot sounds like a bad b- movie.

Maybe the kid is just daydreaming about being the protagonist in his own bad b- movie?
>>
So Magic Gourd is useless?
>>
>>3685038
The devs don't remember what it was supposed to do, if anything. In order to find out what it does, someone would need to check and see what addresses change when the item is obtained, and find what those addresses actually affect.
>>
Is it possible to get infinite Call Beads?
>>
>>3684109
Was excited about the game because I thought It would be as cool as Secret of Mana. But it wasn't. Played through it, beat it, never thought about it until a few years ago when my younger brother mentioned emulating it on his phone.

Cranked it back up, instantly hated the weapon/alchemy grinding. Got to act 2 blocked myself off from further progress and quit. The graphics and sounds are cool, but the game itself just isn't worth it. The only redeeming quality is the amount of secret items you find along the way.
>>
File: 1445972464054.jpg (36KB, 482x427px) Image search: [Google]
1445972464054.jpg
36KB, 482x427px
>mfw I entered the Dark Forest the first time and didn't know that you were supposed to follow the black goblins
>>
>>3684109

Its not Secret of Mana but its still an enjoyable game.
>>
>>3685434
Secret of Evermore came with a full walkthough...
>>
>>3685680
not everybody bought this game when it was new, anon
>>
Which is the biggest secret in this game?
>>
>>3685914
the magic gourd
>>
>>3685914
Getting the Stop Formula, which requires getting the Oracle Bone and then finding/talking to the alchemist beneath the chessboard.
Not really special but you can get the dog's ultimate collar way early by talking to Strong Heart (as the dog) sometime after Gothica and before you go to the space station.
Loved how NPCs gave you a different reaction if you talked to them while dog.
>>
There was also a formula in the greek temple that was very hidden I think?
>>
>>3685680
The walktrough I got was shit and skipped over most stuff in the medieval world
>>
>>3685914
the two secret endings past the credits
>>
>>3685072
In Nobilia the entrance area to the Coliseum with the two pools of water with the six water fountains and the two guards. I can't remember when in the game to visit there but if you go to the top of the pool and search the right wall you can get a call bead. I've had it happen a few times where it glitches out and you can keep getting a call bead each time you search the wall. I want to say its after you can get Tinker's flying machine.
>>3686215
The fireball formula. There's a hidden wall in the room where you fight the monk for the bronze spear. Keep walking along the lower left hand wall in that area and follow along til you come to another room.
>>
I hated waiting 14 minutes in the Nobilia market when you first arrive there. You don't need the equipment since you can get better equipments right before you enter the Boss fight in the colloseum
>>
>>3689106
true, but if you do get the equipment from the market then you find even better equipment in the colloseum. There's some useful charms to get as well.
>>
>>3685914
There is a guy giving you a magic spell in the middle of the desert.
>>
>>3685914
The Lance spell requires you to walk into a house and not loot the chests inside. It's the only thing like it in the game
>>
>>3689106
>fuckwin trinkets
>getting the armor in the market will allow you to get better armor in the coliseum
>and vice versa
>stocking up on more trade items for the market in the medieval times
>>
>>3685038
Isn't it an in-joke? It does nothing at all.
>>
>>3689297
Hated that moment the first time I played the game. Should have taken the dialogues with the people on the first floor more seriously. I think one of them warns you not to loot the chests
>>
I liked that there were many secrets in this game unlike Secret of Mana
>>
>>3684952
The plot is SUPPOSED to sound like a bad B-movie. Hell, watch the TV commercial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEu8wDAQuDk
>>
>Take the magic system from Mana
>Remove any semblance of balance

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>3692170
>implying Secret of Mana had balance
>>
>>3692173
It had the seed system so you couldn't grind your spells to level 1 billion before reaching certain points in the game.
>>
>>3692187
You could still kill bosses with nothing but spammng spells.
>>
>>3691707
This is dope as hell.
>>
>>3691707
Weird, I'd never seen that before.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.