[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk about Jet Force Gemini

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: 545af0c0c63cf.png (438KB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
545af0c0c63cf.png
438KB, 600x350px
What do you think about this game?

What do you like/dislike about it

And the most important question: Did you manage to beat Mizar, the final boss? How do you beat him? What's the secret?
>>
>>3684046
Never beat the game. Time to boot up my n64.

I did have several hours of multiplayer and unlocking secrets though.

The 2 player mode was legit op if the person controlling the robot was good.
>>
>>3684048
Same here

Didn't beat the game as a kid, finding all tribals wasn't very easy, there were always 2 tribals at the Tawfreet stage that I missed.
>>
it looks great, i liked to play it the few times that i rented it.
finaly bought it a few years later to feed my rare collection, before the retro hype mind you, so it was cheap.
have tried to play it a couple times, since then, still do every few years or so, but the game is just not easy to get into, so i havent beat it or even seen the majority of the game.
>>
Did anyone get the Floyd mission expert medals? Man that was so hard I can't even describe it
>>
It's my favorite shooter aside from Metroid Prime. That said, it is pretty dated in pacing. You keep expecting something amazing to happen around every corner but it's just more and more barages ad infinitum and not much in way of strategy. That's why I dislike. What I like is the sheer variety of tools at your disposal and the ragdoll physics which are amazing for their time.

I did beat the game but it's because I played it on my friend's file and his brother was at the end. If I recall correctly, it's pretty basic stuff.

Rocket and homing missile spam Mizar and be mindful of the timing for his attacks. It's not like you've got much to do in a stationary giant battle anyway but dodge.
>>
>>3684046
Never managed to beat the boss fight with the two mantises.
>>
Getting the Ear pluggs was so hard, it nearly made me commit suicide lol
>>
Never beat it, probably never will. Why would you make a third person shooter with an emphasis on shooting into a a collect-a-thon with getting tribals. Completely killed the pacing and there was very little reason for the player to want to revisit a lot of these levels because in general no new interesting paths with new enemies opened up or new weapons. So if you aren't going to do that for me as a player then why should I do the exact same thing that I did before except with an added scouring the area to find that one item I need in the level to progress to the final boss?

Otherwise it is a fun game.
>>
Has to be one of the longest games in Rare's history. Took me 30 hours to beat it
>>
I tried playing it on rare replay but the controls were utter garbage.
>>
>>3684080

Did a 100% on the game probably would use a cheat to skip the collectathon

Unfortunately no controller has the analog stick sensitive enough
>>
>>3684046
I was just thinking of picking this back up again today, OP. I forget, do saves require a Memory Pak? Mine's dying out on me.
>>
>>3684246
>very little reason for the player to want to revisit a lot of these levels because in general no new interesting paths with new enemies opened up or new weapons.

What are you talking about? After you beat Mizar the first time and can revisit the levels with different characters/jetpacks you unlock tons of new paths, many with upgraded versions of old enemies with different attacks and better ai. Many of the new paths you unlock are enormous, like the

I'd say about 1/3rd of the game is unexplorable until you need to go back and find all the tribals.
>>
>>3684404
>like the exterior of that one spaceship
>>
>>3684406
SS Anubis, right? When Juno gets his jetpac. That shit was tight.
>>
>>3684246
>there was very little reason for the player to want to revisit a lot of these levels because in general no new interesting paths with new enemies opened up or new weapons

Not only is this wrong, because getting the jetpack unlocks new paths on older planets, but it sounds like the kind of tripe that a person who doesn't really enjoy the game would say.

I like JFG so much that the opportunity to go revisit old levels except that I have to git gud to prevent Tribals from dying was highly pleasurable.

Also calling it a collectathon is utterly mindless drivel. The Tribals are almost always in plain view, with usually like 5 of them grouped together. It's better to think of the final section of the game as a mission checklist that requires a minimum score to "pass", that is, saving the Tribals without any causalities.
>>
>>3684742
This, the gameplay in JFG is so inherently fun for me that going back for the tribals/spaceship parts never feels like a chore.

I play through this game at least once every couple of years, I think it's one of the most successfully ambitious games of the generation.
>>
I didn't like that you can only play as Juno on the last level. That means you have to save almost all important capacity crates for him
>>
Where are the 2 last tribals in Tawfreet - Bridge?
>>
File: JFGstar.jpg (402KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
JFGstar.jpg
402KB, 600x849px
Reminder to change the control scheme to Expert mode on option menu for maximum gameplay enjoyment.
>>
File: 1480805135202.jpg (216KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1480805135202.jpg
216KB, 720x960px
I got this game at the flea market for the equivalent of $6 murrican dolrar just a couple of weeks ago.

Ive always wanted to play it but never got the chance back in the day since i was a poorfag and the rental store didnt have it yet.

Is it at least a decent shooter? or a colelctathon disguised as an action game? i got DK64 too and i gave up after only 3 hours for that very reason, i hate collectathons.
>>
File: jfg.jpg (370KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
jfg.jpg
370KB, 1024x768px
>>3685103

As >>3684404 said, it's only a "collecthaton" on the last 1/3rd of the game, and if by "collecthaton" we understand having to collect tribals and a few ship parts (which are well hidden).
It's not like on DK64 which makes you collect green bananas, red bananas, yellow bananas, purple bananas, etc.

JFG is definitely more of an action shooting game. The tribals only add the challenge of having to rescue them because they're often in the crossfire so you might accidentally kill them (or let enemies kill them), and if you get only 1 of them killed, you have to restart the level.
>>
I used to love it, I'm not sure if I'll like it if I play today.
>>
>>3684046
Best game for N64 if not for that fucking teddy bear scavenger hunt.
>>
File: 1445972464054.jpg (36KB, 482x427px) Image search: [Google]
1445972464054.jpg
36KB, 482x427px
>tfw when Mizar does his electric attack

Fuck that boss
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.