[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Final Fantasy VI

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: efu_efu_vee_eye.png (5KB, 256x223px) Image search: [Google]
efu_efu_vee_eye.png
5KB, 256x223px
What's the best version of pic related, in terms of translation quality, censorship, and general gameplay or technical differences?

ROM hacks/fan translations accepted if they're considered good enough.
>>
>>3683937

Just play the original release.
>>
>>3683959
but muh Woolsey
>>
>>3683937
The Anthology release on the PS1 is my favorite. An updated translation with better menu load times is really all you can ask for a rerelease of FFVI. The GBA release may have a lot more content, like an official boss of the Kaiser Dragon and some extra dungeons and Espers, but the GBA's soundchip makes the game sound awful in comparison to the previous releases.
Don't even bother with the IOS release, it's the embodiment of trash.
>>
>>3683991
PS1 version did seem neat, but I really couldn't get past the load times.

I was considering the GBA version with the sound and colour restoration patches, seems like the best solution so far.
>>
>>3683937
SNES retranslation is mildly better. It's too literal for it's own good but it gets rid of some dumb Woolsey shit. The Woolsey version is not terrible, it's mildly censored since you bring it up.

I wouldn't even consider any other version.
>>
>>3685105
But son of a submariner is a classic line
>>
>>3683937
Translation: Woolsey Uncensored
Gameplay: Brave New World, plus T-Edition if you can speak moon.
>>
>>3683937
Ted Woolsey Uncensored. Just pick that up with Bugfixes+Opera.

Most other bugfix patches should be irrelevant to your first playthrough if you're doing it blind, I assure you, but there has been talk of what is and isn't compatible with TWU.
>>
>>3685825
Oh, and the next version out of that might have the recently restored ability from the Japanese version to rename Cyan's abilities. It sounds pretty cool.

But outside of that it's 100% complete and stable.
>>
Relocalization Project
>>
>>3685825
Whats so special about opera scene?
>>
>>3686815
It has proper vocals.
>>
>>3683937
>tfw SNES can't do true black and Genesis can't do true white
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.