[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Working Designs really at fault for this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: exile2.jpg (237KB, 892x873px) Image search: [Google]
exile2.jpg
237KB, 892x873px
Was Working Designs really at fault for this?
>>
Was this one of the games that they upped the difficulty from the Japanese version for no apparent reason?
>>
>>3683996
That's what I though, but this statement makes me unsure

>"Working Designs made a mistake when tweaking the parameters. As Vic explained on NeoGAF: "On Exile 2 it was an issue of limited number of modifications because we weren't doing the game reprogramming, Telenet was. It was a small number of tries. And on the second-to last time, we had it *almost* right, so we added like +1 to the monsters, but it was like that scene with the fat guy in Meaning of Life where the waiter gives him that one wafer and he explodes. That +1 exceeded some limit internally and made the monsters exponentially harder rather than incrementally."
>>
>>3684073
The biggest question was why the felt the need to increase the difficulty in the first place? It's not like the rental market was a threat to the TG16 scene at the time Exile II came out.
>>
Better question is, why were a couple of characters revived on the sequel? Why were they even killed so suddenly anyway?
>>
>>3684713
Rumy, or whatever her name was, didn't die on-screen. Her """death""" was pretty ambiguous to begin with.
>>
Besides parallax scrolling, did they even add anything else?
>>
It is nigh unplayable. Yadda yadda git gud yadda.
>>
>>3685020
Exile ended with Rumi clearly dead and Sadler stuck centuries in the past

Exile 2 was a mediocre, uninspired game to begin with, and the stupid Working Designs programming tweak makes it outright bad and annoying to play.
>>
>>3683842
yep

The Japanese version was roughly as difficult as the original Exile

American version is tolerable until the halfway point, then you just hit a wall

Regardless, despite the graphical upgrade, Exile 2 is worse than Exile 1

Also important to note, WD affected Exile 1 by removing the Warp spell, making it much harder to get out of mazes
>>
>>3683842
>Was Working Designs really at fault for this?
Nah, it couldn't be. It's not like they had the habit to ruin game balance for completely inane reasons, right?
>>
File: xzr3_end.png (369KB, 440x335px) Image search: [Google]
xzr3_end.png
369KB, 440x335px
They were somewhat at fault, but I played the original Exile 3: Janen no Jishou on my TurboDuo, and I found it to be a miserably awful game. It feels half finished:

Hit detection is complete horse shit: sometimes you hit enemies, sometimes you don't.

Towns are dull and lifeless. Character portraits are gone, for no reason other than laziness.

They bring back the side-effects of drug mixing except they don't explain them so you can die from mixing and matching.

Upgrades and items can not appear due to glitches.

An unbeatable "cutscene" boss has a safe-spot that allows you to kill him, but nothing happens when you get his health down to zero.

It is only buoyed by the fact that Exile 3 is so retardedly easy that you can muscle your way through it with little to no thought. Oh, and the music is fantastic.

The fact that WD made the game unspeakably difficult kills any motivation to actually play its localization - not that the story is worth it. The only thing, other than the music... the ONLY thing I liked was this dumb cute screen at the end of the game. That was the totality of the things in Exile 3 I liked.

>>3685124
oh I guess the other thing is that I can say I "like" canon-wise Rumi and co. ass-pull survived their retarded deaths in the previous game, lol
>>
>>3683842
Never heard of this game but based on that BADASS cover i'm going to play it now
>>
>>3683842
Really fucking love that cover art.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.