[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RELEASED TRANSLATIONS THREAD: Holy Motherload Gaiden

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9

File: merry christmas.png (961KB, 2054x1746px) Image search: [Google]
merry christmas.png
961KB, 2054x1746px
http://www.romhacking.net/news/1816/
http://www.romhacking.net/news/1815/
https://twitter.com/Nana_VS_Nana/status/808131515125207041

New released translations:
> Melpool Land (English)(Fully Playable)(PC98)
> Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere (English)(Fully Playable)(PSX)
> Lu Ye Xian Zong (English)(Fully Playable)(NES)
> Tear Ring Saga (English)(Fully Playable)(PSX)
> Sakigake!! Otokojuku: Shippuu Ichi Gou Sei (English)(Fully Playable)(NES)
> Out Live (English)(Fully Playable)(TG16)
> Touhou Fuumaroku (English)(Fully Playable)(PC98)
> Touhou Yumejikuu (English)(Fully Playable)(PC98)
> Touhou Gensoukyou (English)(Fully Playable)(PC98)
> Touhou Kaikidan (English)(Fully Playable)(PC98)

Translations /vr/troopers are working on:
> 46 Okunen Monogatari: The Shinka Ron (PC98)
> Eve Burst Error (The 2003 Windows Port of the PC-98 Version)
(If you want your project in the OP feel free to post it here)

Notable 2016 Translations:
> Bomberman 64 (Japan) (N64)
> Policenauts (SAT)
> Musashi no Bouken (NES)
> Keitai Denjuu Telefang (GB)
> Vixen 357 (GEN)
> Belloncho Body Inspection (PC98)
> Reserve + Reserve 1/2 (PC98)
> Star Cruiser (GEN)
> Hyper Iria (SNES)
> Wizardry Gaiden IV (SNES)
> Shadow Brain (NES)

New released translations (Other Languages):
> Karnov (Spanish)(Fully Playable)(NES)
> Psychic World (Spanish)(Fully Playable)(SMS)
> Psychic World (Spanish)(Fully Playable)(GG)
> Rygar (Spanish)(Fully Playable)(NES)
> The Jetsons: Cogswell’s Caper! (Spanish)(Fully Playable)(NES)
> Felix the Cat (Spanish)(Fully Playable)(NES)
>>
Wait with these threads until another Esperanto translation comes out. Otherwise those fags cause nothing but trouble.
>>
If anyone has any questions about pc98 emulation there's probably a few people around here who can help.
>>
>>3683219
The Mizzurna Falls translation will be released this year, it easily beats all of those that you've mentioned. Open world proto-Deadly Premonition for the original Playstation, heavy with dialogue, sidequests, NPCs with their own schedules, good plot, etc.
>>
>>3683219
Acecombat 3 Electosphere has been completed and released.
It's not a full translation yet since it misses a few menus that are entirely not needed(i.e. save menus and the like), but the entirety of the game core, story and fmv has been translated so it's 100% playable in english.
>>
i wish i didn't run into circles every time i made an attempt to do this
>>
I thought Tear Ring Saga was 100% already, I wonder what has changed
>>
>>3683219
I need to play some Rear Ring. I loved me some Fire Emblem, always wanted to play it's basted cousin.
>>
File: smtif-protag.jpg (79KB, 565x1000px) Image search: [Google]
smtif-protag.jpg
79KB, 565x1000px
Never ever
>>
>>3683219
>touhou translation
>New
>>
>>3683802
>Mizzurna Falls this year

Best Christmas present I'll get this year
>>
Fuck, I really need to get back to studying JP. I've honestly been wanting to join some translation groups, but my Nip skills are still equivalent to a 3 year old.
>>
>>3684287
Pretty sure it's just the translations new to RHDN. Those are old translations, but someone just now put them into the database there so they show up as "new".
>>
>>3683234
>appeasing Aspergeranto fags
fuck them
>>
File: 46639551_p0.jpg (992KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
46639551_p0.jpg
992KB, 1600x1200px
>>3683219
I finished Policenauts the other day. It was so fucking good up to the part where Ed gets shot on the astronaut museum, and then the entire ending was absolutely lacking and rushed.

The blond chick gets shot by Redwood after it turns out she was working with Tokugawa all along, which makes no sense because, at that point, Redwood and Tokugawa had no idea that her true motives had been exposed. Redwood shot her for no reason whatsoever, just to drive the point home that he's an asshole for shooting his surrogate mother.

The shooting segments on the end were okay, I guess. Chasing Redwood was fun and it felt really good when he died(supposedly). Then the twist at the end with all that conversation being broadcasted to the entire colony felt lazy as fuck. There's no way Gates could've been that stupid.

Regardless, overall it was much better than Snatcher. I have hopes that more Saturn games will start getting patched. It would be lovely if Sakura Wars would get a patch on the Saturn.

Ace Combat 3 is the big recent fan translation now, though. Does that play nicely on the PSP?
>>
>>3684442
Oh and I forgot to add: That absolute asspull at the end with Jonathan being miraculously compatible for a transplant for Karen. Fuck you, Kojima.
>>
>>3683219
> Lu Ye Xian Zong (English)(Fully Playable)(NES)
Bootleg games translations are always great to see but why translate crap by Waixing instead of Shenzhen Nanjing.
>>
>>3683219
What else is being translated that's expected to come out soon?
>>
>>3684460
It's because Karen is his daughter.
>>
>>3685370
That was never implied anywhere in the game. I am sure Jonathan would've suspected at some point. Besides, if one parent is compatible, both would have to be. She would've gotten then marrow from her mother.
>>
>>3683802
Well if it was that fantastic, why it was never released in the west?
>>
>>3685396
to punish dirty gaijins like you for hiroshima
>>
File: gokinjou[1].jpg (77KB, 316x576px) Image search: [Google]
gokinjou[1].jpg
77KB, 316x576px
Does anyone know how easy this game is to hack? It's piss-easy to translate, but I don't know anything about modding the text into the game.
>>
>>3686165
>Does anyone know how easy this game is to hack?
Depends on how text is stored in the rom and if the English alphabet is already present in the game.

If it's a big block of plain text and the English alphabet is already in there, you just stick within the character limit and copy-paste your English in there. If not, it's a lot more complicated.
>>
>>3686165

I'd imagine it must be very difficult or we'd have a translation already.
>>
>>3684273
Someone just needs to get a group banded together and make one. No one's willing to tell Gideon Zhi to just fuck off
>>
Does anyone have more info on the Mizzurna Falls translation?
I didn't know that was a thing and I've been wanting to play that game forever.
>>
>>3683219
> Felix the Cat (Spanish)(Fully Playable)(NES)

нeт
>>
File: goemon.jpg (480KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
goemon.jpg
480KB, 1280x960px
>>3684273
>Never ever
>>
>>3687074
I think we're reaching the point where translations just aren't worth the effort any more. It's more practical if everybody interested learns Japanese than to hack the games. Even translators that can write English are in rare supply.
With the rare exception of high profile games like Ace Combat the stuff that comes out is easy shit that nobody was really interested in.
>>
>>3687338
I did a lot of translations for the VGMusuem. If anyone interested in a project, just let me know which forum I can contact you on. I'm really tempted to work on the Goemon series. I still need to do some Hokuto stuff I promised to some anon a while ago though.
>>
>>3687338
It's not feasible for everyone to learn the language. On this board there are probably people with enough time to learn the language, yes. But not everyone has that freedom.

The problem is effort involved with no perceived return. I'm a professional translator, but it's also my hobby. The last project I worked on would have been (at minimum wage) around $4-5k. It was a medium to low character count project. I did it for my own reasons, but when there's actual money to be earned people are going to tend to try to find those avenues rather than "waste" effort doing something for free.
>>
>>3683219
>Out Live (English)(Fully Playable)(TG16)
This is a cool surprise; I've been wanting to try the game out thanks to its videos of that super-smooth tunnel animation.
>>
>>3684273
>>3687074
someone really oughta start over the SNES SMT games and just do the PS1 remakes instead

SNES SMT1 is still full of bugs even with Orden's patch
>>
File: 2637screenshot1.png (11KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
2637screenshot1.png
11KB, 256x224px
I just want to add a project that was unmentioned in the OP: this past year a few people translated Valkyrie no Densetsu (aka Legend of Valkyrie) for the PC-Engine:

http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2637/

Worth checking out if you are a Namco fan or a Zelda-adventure fan.

As has been discussed in the past, there are a few other PCE translation projects slated for next year, including both of Falcom's PCE-exclusive Legend of Xanadu games getting translations + optional dubs through fan efforts.
>>
http://sf3trans.shiningforcecentral.com/2016/12/19/sf3patch-version-18-released/
>>
>>3687565
Was that map ever translated?
>>
>>3687570
No idea, but I imagine it's just the town's names so it's shouldn't be hard cross referencing to the town names that are already translated in the game script
>>
>>3687572
Some basic Japanese:
北 - north
大地 - ground
町 - town
城 - castle
遺跡 - ruins
村 - village
首都 - capital
灯台 - lighthouse
港町 - harbor town
海上都市 - maritime city
神殿 - temple
要塞 - fortress
>>
>>3683802
>The Mizzurna Falls translation will be released this year,
pls
>>3687268
A few breakthroughs were recently made with the compression hacking in those games.
>>
>>3688265
>>3687268
Are people really struggling to hack Goemon games?
>>
File: newsimage1820b.png (5KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
newsimage1820b.png
5KB, 256x224px
Tetsudou Ou: Famicom Boardgame now available in English!

http://www.romhacking.net/news/1820/
>>
>>3688272
konami programmers are insane
>>
>>3687113
http://projectmizzurna.tumblr.com/post/154537596147/in-game-translation-complete

>Hi everyone! Phew! I finally finished translating every single word of Mizzurna Falls. It’s been a long journey and I wish I could have finished much sooner, but I have quite a heavy workload of real-life translation to do, and sometimes it’s hard to translate all day and then still have the energy to work on Mizzurna. But anyway, it’s done!
>>
>>3687583
This is useful. it's also basic Chinese
>>
>>3691786
>>>/v/
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>3688272
Yep, that's why the SNES ones haven't been done yet.
>>
>>3687469
Wasn't this already released in English?
>>
File: goemon2gbc-4.png (1KB, 160x144px) Image search: [Google]
goemon2gbc-4.png
1KB, 160x144px
Speaking of Goemon, it would be interesting if "Ganbare Goemon: Mononoke Dōchū Tobidase Nabe-Bugyō" was translated. It was made during a weird time when everyone and their mother wanted to be Pokemon, so.... yeah, it has a monster collecting/battling element. I've been curious as to what that game would be like in English, as it is sort of a "black sheep" and all...
>>
>>3688425
Is this just some shitty Monopoly clone or is it actually good?
>>
Who do I gotta pay to get Segagagagagaga in english?
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.