[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OGRE BATTLE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: OGRE_BATTLE.jpg (61KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
OGRE_BATTLE.jpg
61KB, 800x600px
This game is amazing. Are there any other games like this on the SNES?
>>
no
play ogre battle 64
>>
>>3683032
Ogre Battle 64 has one of the worst OST of all n64 games. I'm sure there are only three different songs that ever play.
>>
>>3683536
that's not saying much considering the N64 had one of the worst overall soundtracks per game
>>
>>3683536
Ogre Battle 64 has a great and large soundtrack.
>>
Original Ogre Battle is the only Ogre Battle game I can't get into. Guess I'm just too wimpy.
>>
>>3683536
Ogre Battle 64's OST is over 3 hours long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK9V_dEjFNc
>>
>>3683026
Unfortunately Ogre Battle is fairly unique among SRPGs. The only other game truly like it is Ogre Battle 64, which is thankfully a really solid followup.

The other games in the series, the Tactics:Ogre games, are FF:Tactics style isometric SRPGs (though Let Us Cling Together predates FF Tactics).
>>
>>3683026
There literally just aren't any games like this period. Ogre Battle is pretty special.

There are lots of games like Brigandine, Dragon Force, Master of Monsters, Ogre Battle 64, they sort of get close to the same feeling as Ogre Battle, but all of them suffer from the fact that they just aren't Ogre Battle.

The Playstation version is better in every way save for load times. It's not like the Tactics Ogre PSX port that arbitrarily botched the music quality.
>>
it took me hours and hours to get past the first post-tutorial level, couldn't even get past the one after that lol
>>
This is one of my favorite games. Re secret to.l balancing a good army is to rotate individuals from units. After every level basically scrap your army and rebuild it with a few flyers, a few defender/low alignment units, and try to stay away from the expensive special characters they're awesome but will bleed your money dry. You can make badasses out of the lowbies at the beginning of the game if you plan right. Every unit needs a healer. Keep your hero at your base with your strongest individuals that are fiscally reasonable. Do that every round and the game isn't that hard.
>>
>>3684810
>to rotate individuals from units
I started playing this game yesterday, and i did this. You might be inclined to kill everything with one unit, but you cannot defend and attack at the same time, you need to cover many parts of the map, and this switch is the best solution. However, i always feel that i won't train enough every party.
>>
>>3684387
>>3683026
Tactics Ogre is the sequel in terms of timeline anyway. And superior.
>>
>>3684810
It's not hard to win if you play your cards right, but it is hard to get all the unique characters AND get the better endings. It's hard to get the evil ending too.
>>
File: wrjerjerj.jpg (61KB, 938x265px) Image search: [Google]
wrjerjerj.jpg
61KB, 938x265px
I played OB64 years before MotBQ, so it really surprised me how fucking relentless the AI was in the original.

In 64, I was used to capturing a town and expecting only 3-4 enemy units to slowly march forward, fending them off with a single unit as their leaders would be cut down negating any threat they'd pose. But in the original? It almost felt like they would send their entire army at lightning speed towards your closest town, making kamikaze suicide runs until they're completely obliterated. Shit was real fun and maniacal, even after you learn how to get around their AI.

c'mon SE, cut out the FFXIV shit and get working on that Episode 8, I know you got the TO devs busy
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.