[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spyro 3 failure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

Why did they fuck this one up so much? Only the skater thing is acceptable, rest is really boring levels with jackasses of spyro and really unfunny/annoying banter of shit locals. Aesthetics are less pleasing, music also. Spyro 2 was much better game with better challenges like keeping turtles away from pot and generally funnier.
>>
Feature Creep. They wanted more playable characters and more minigames, and ended up making the game less fun.
Sometimes too many features will end up sinking a game.
>>
File: latest[2].jpg (61KB, 558x604px) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].jpg
61KB, 558x604px
>>3682767
>>
>>3682783
This movie came year after the game.
>>
>>3682767
Spyro 2 is perfection - you can't blame them for failure to replicate it.
>>
File: 1445867786106.jpg (21KB, 416x439px) Image search: [Google]
1445867786106.jpg
21KB, 416x439px
>>3682767
I'll never understand this meme.
Just played through the Spyro series and I thought 2 and 3 were pretty damn equal. I would say 3 was a lot more fun due to variations. Fuck the yeti levels tho.
>>
>>3682843
>fuck the penguin, kangoo, yeti, monkey,etc levels
fixed

Rhynocs for every and each enemy. Annoying music and crappy popculture references every 5 minutes. Stupid eggs and overally candy appereance. Can't really compete with first two parts.
>>
It has the best postgame after you collect everything.
I like all 3 games pretty much the same
>>
>>3682953
>postgame in platformer
no
>>
>>3682984
Post collectathon?
>>
speaking of fuckfups
The first game was so good
>>
>>3682767
As kid I enjoyed the third most, I don't even know why. I need to comeback and beat the original trilogy again...
>>
>>3683304
i don't like the character(movies and all that), will i like the game?
>>
>>3683345
>As kid I enjoyed the third most, I don't even know why.
About sixty percent of the game is pure spyro platforming and it is probably the best of the series. The rest of the game is hit and miss but does have some great parts.
>>
File: Spyro3_main.png (198KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
Spyro3_main.png
198KB, 400x267px
>>3683409
No. They even copypasted content from second game. Like hockey and other stuff. Enemies are generic as it gets, some rhino guys for each and every level.

Second part had the best worlds aesthetically. Third part had generic worlds, like : cloud world, chineese world etc. Constantly jumping into minigames worlds made the levels less consistent.

Also best challenges, hockey, guarding turtles from kettle to not get cooked, destroying dustmites, destroying golems with Hunter were implemented in 2nd part. Levels very beuatiful and original(usually) and a bit fucked up in a good way, robotic farmers, buddhist, space cows etc. Generally very consistent level of gameplay, with a bit nuissance here and there.

3rd game was very hit and miss. Some parts were better than second game(high speed line for catching thieves, skateboarding), but most of the content was pathetic 2/10 like going sloooowly with kangoo, yeti, penguin, dragonfly, and just completing the elve for the sake of it.

Picrel very related, 90% enemy in 3rd looked like this.
>>
>>3683347
Yeah you sort of need to like the web slinging superhero to like his web slinging game.
>>
>>3683594
its ok i guess. Is the gameplay on same par as crash bandicoot or medievil?
>>
>>3683642
There are some Crash type linear segments. They're mostly linear actually, no open world non sense.
>>
>>3682870
true that
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.