[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fun games you have created within games? I wish I could post

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 20160728012142_1[1].jpg (355KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20160728012142_1[1].jpg
355KB, 1600x900px
Fun games you have created within games? I wish I could post this on /v/ but I'm sure they would just go "muh autism" as the kids never know what it was like to play a limited number of games repeatedly for long periods of time. An extremely simple example is beating a game as fast as possible which later became known as speedruns. Before people only did such as a challenge out of boredom and not for donations.

Something my brother and I used to do with a new fighting game right out of the box and again once we were sure we unlocked all of the characters is to split the characters evenly (if an odd number then someone get the random character icon and that be treated as a character) dodge ball style by picking whoever look cool/powerful. We would fight using the characters with the rule that you might use every character at least once before you can reuse a character and you can use the same character for two matches in a row unless impossible otherwise (your last one). The winner will get the loser's character. We did this til bored (my brother generally give up around 1:2 ratio) or until someone get all of the characters. The winner of the whole thing can hand pick out of all of the characters and give the loser the reminding half. Afterwards we get rights over that character and the other person can't choose it without permission. Of course the whole thing is meant to be fun and just for silly bragging while smack talking each other. Trading the characters like Pokemon cards were also fun while being virtually free. Of course being nice to each other we often give the other their favorite character if we had no interest in it otherwise. We did this for Mortal Kombat, Killer Instinct, World Heroes, Street Fighter and many other fighting games and even did it with Smash though we did the stages as well for that just for giggles. Kinda became a tradition while getting used to the game.

So anyone else were as creative with their old games?
>>
I once tried to beat every Mario World level without letting go of the right D-pad button.
>>
>>3682663
I really admire people who come up with creative ways to play games like this.

I've enjoyed things like speed running, sequence breaking, weapon restrictions, etc. for many years. I think the most unusual thing that I did was manually dissecting password systems through repeated play to discover all of the possible variables. I was then often able to construct passwords that would be impossible to get through normal play. My most thorough jobs were on Tetris Attack and all of the SNES Mega Man games (7, X, X2, X3). I have stacks of messy notes in storage somewhere. I've been meaning to dig them up for years.
>>
>>3682663
does no death runs on super c count? im so close, i get up to the last part befor the final boss.
or that top down corridor gets mesicne its fuckign BS
>>
when I was 7, my brothers and I would play Super Mario 3, and get to world three and unlock the boat that let you visit the islands with toad houses

but we liked moving around the map with the boat, and we would chant BOAT BOAT BOAT BOAT along with the movement of the boat

we did this for like 45 minutes at a time. we loved it
>>
>>3682663
I did speedruns and sequence breaking with Super Metroid on my SNES before internet was a major phenomenon. I'm still surprised no one has published yet the fact that it could be killed with a single shot after all these years.

I replayed my games so much that I stumbled upon glitches. For example, there's this glitch involving the use of the feather in a boss in Zelda's Awakening (which sadly I forgot what the glitch was) and also a glitch in one of Stove Canyon levels in Wario Land where if you slammed yourself repeatedly against the wall near an exit as Jet Wario would bring you to a level with completely messed up graphics.
>>
My friend had a rule in GoldenEye that you couldn't shoot unarmed players but I don't know if that counts.
>>
Super Smash Bros. character select screen tag game.

Move the hands around and try to touch the other players while they try to get away from you.
>>
We would make little scenarios in GoldenEye.

A favorite was Terminator 2.

John was Oddjob with lowest hp.
Sarah was Natalya. Standard hp.
Terminator was I think Bunker with like 150 hp.
T-1000 was helicopter pilot with max hp and armor.

Goal was to kill or protect John.
>>
I had some of those fancy controllers that had 30 turbo buttons and pre-programmed moves that you'd choose from a menu of different games.

I liked to play SF2 with the "slow" button on, especially with Dhalsim versus Dhalsim as he's already slow as fuck, since he doesn't walk, he dances fucking bachata towards your opponent.

Another game I'd play is using MK movesets on a SF game and vice-versa and no other strikes were allowed.
>>
>>3682663
I once tried to beat every Mario World level without pressing the right D-pad button.
>>
>>3684753
>I'm still surprised no one has published yet the fact that it could be killed with a single shot after all these years.

Ah, you accidentally your subject. What can be killed with a single shot?

>>3685075
In Facility we would force the unarmed person into a bathroom stall before shooting them. This was somehow fun enough that everyone cooperated most of the time
>>
File: dd2.jpg (63KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dd2.jpg
63KB, 1280x720px
>play Double Dragon 2 2-player with friendly damage on
>in a civil manner, get to this part
>the game is now about knocking the other player to his death the most times
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.