[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I figure someone here can help me out, I'm trying to find

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

I figure someone here can help me out, I'm trying to find the best emulators that can run games as closely as possible to the original console, none of this graphic enhancements, widescreen mods bullshit.

Bonus points if it has settings to make it look like a CRT
>>
>>3682642
The settings to make it look like a CRT would be a graphical enhancement. Just buy a CRT from someone local. 99% are junk or in the trash already. Probably sitting in a grandmas house or old computer place.

No emulator is going to be absolutely perfect.
Get the real machine if you care.
>>
It would take a day to order a 30 dollar retro console and go looking for a CRT under 100 bucks. Why waste time looking up emulator settings.
>>
File: RollcageStgII.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
RollcageStgII.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>3682642
Popsloader and Popstarter are the closest emulators you will ever get, there is no other argument.
>>
>>3682506
>>
>>3682642
Mednafen is the most accurate, but it's more processor hungry and a bitch to use in general

Best way to use it is via Retroarch.
>>
If you just want a very barebones PSX experience, download the emulator psX. Google for psxfin.exe. It just emulates the stuff, no plugins, effects or any of that shit.

It has a few compatibility problems, but can run on a toaster too.
>>
>>3682763
>It has a few compatibility problems, but can run on a toaster too.

Older versions of ePSXe run on Pentium IIIs. Software mode or default settings work just fine for 90% of games.
>>
>>3682642
Mednafen, as said, a pain in the ass to use. You can throw it a gui (my recommendation is mednaffe-gui, simple, nice and works from windows to BSDs).
Its a bit (tiny bit) cpu hungry, but i can emulate PSX barebones (no filters no nothing) with my intel i5 integrated graphics (530?) without using more than 30% of cpu usage runing at 2'3Ghz. Mednafen is not as hungry as many people say it is.
And it aims to be accurate af. Great stuff. And emulates anything before GBa, soo...
>>
>>3682808
and with lewpy's glide gpu plugin you can have fun with it on your voodoo.
>>
>>3682642
crt filter a shit
get a wii and plug it into a component sdcrt

Mine was $30 for a wii, $11.99 for a nice cable, $10 for a classic controller and $20 for a fd trinitron

If you can't scrape together <$100 over time you need to look at your life choices. get the wii first, then the controller, then cable, then crt if you are a turbo poverty neet
>>
>>3682873
wii sucks at ps1 you know
>>
>>3682642
For ps1? Mednafen is the best. If you play it via Retroarch there are heaps of CRT shaders to choose from and you can configure them to your liking.
>>
>>3682873
it does, I use my pstv
>>
i saw the playstation logo so i am posting this here

the person who was translating the PS1 game Mizzurna Falls into English from Japanese entirely by himself says he has finished

his friend apparently is gonna insert all the text into the game

http://projectmizzurna.tumblr.com/
>>
I'm a complete fuck about having the most accurate experience as well, so I've done a load of research on this. These are the closest we have to "fully accurate" emulators for each console:

NES: puNES or Mesen
SNES: higan
N64: ParaLLEl (RetroArch/libretro core). There's Cen64 but it's nowhere near usable yet.
GameCube/Wii: Dolphin is your only choice
Wii U: CEMU, but it's not open source so we can't confirm how it actually works

PS1: Mednafen-PSX, I *think*, but can't confirm, that the libretro core may have overtaken this in terms of accuracy and features. Again, can't confirm.

Those are the only consoles I've properly looked into, as I don't have a huge interest in Sega stuff for now. Make sure to ALWAYS enable integer scaling so the graphics display properly.

For the higan and mednafen-PSX both have libretro cores, and retroarch is pretty simple to setup now compared to mednafen itself so might be worth looking into that.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.