[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will they ever be topped?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 12

File: 1796008-treasure.png (43KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1796008-treasure.png
43KB, 640x640px
Will they ever be topped?
>>
>>3682068
dynamite headdy sequel fucking when???
>>
>>3682068
No, I don't think they will ever be topped as most overrated developer.
>>
File: Ikaruga_cover_DC.jpg (36KB, 299x300px) Image search: [Google]
Ikaruga_cover_DC.jpg
36KB, 299x300px
More than a game, an experience.
>>
>>3682068
We had a thread where /vr/ concluded that Konami was the superior dev though.
>>
>>3682068

Adolescene is idolizing Treasure
Adulthood is realizing DATA EAST made so much more sense
>>
>>3682105
At least they didn't literally RAPE Kojima
>>
>>3682116
Kojima was a fag

>DUDE
>MOVIEGAMES
>LMAO
>>
>>3682116
Fuck Kojima. They killed Hudson.
>>
>>3682110
this
>>
>>3682123
>>3682121
Space Mambo was awesome, FUCK YOU
>>
>>3682105
This to be honest
>>3682083
*tips*
>>
File: rtype.jpg (550KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rtype.jpg
550KB, 1920x1080px
Treasure's got nothing on IREM.
>>
>>3682150
IREM got nothing on Raizing.
>>
>>3682153
Raizing got nothing on Psikyo.
>>
>>3682165
Psykyo a shit, Seibu Kaihatsu is where's at.
>>
>>3682068
Yes they will be topped with a pile of shit after I pull my trousers down

>obnoxious 90s weeb aesthetics
>games so obscure and literallywho they sell like absolute shit and end up in bargain bins
>genre gameplay stolen by other more well known companies (Rayman did everything Dynamite headdy did first)
>style over substance half of the time

Biggest fucking sack of shit Im sick to death of hearing about them every fucking time. If one more N64 faggot mentions Mishief Makers I swear
>>
>>3682204
Dynamite Headdy was released a full year before Rayman.
>>
>>3682121

This. Kojima's style of games is what steered me away from modern gaming in the first place. Fuck that pretentious manbabby.
>>
Is Treasure posting ironic?

I mean, don't get me wrong, they've made some excellent games but some of these Treasure posts seem to be less than sincere.

Also Alien Soldier is fucking bullshit.
>>
>>3682236
>Also Alien Soldier is fucking bullshit.

Just played this for the first time the other day and was very pleasantly surprised by how good it is, actually. It wasn't nearly as brutal as people make it out to be.
>>
>>3682251
Yeah fuck you.
>>
>>3682258

It's not hard. At least not any harder than other popular retro games like Castlevania, Battletoads, or Blaster Master.
>>
>>3682236
>>3682258
lrn2play scrub
>>
>>3682263
It's the superhard mode that's really challenging since it ramps up difficulty and gives you limited continues. Playing on supereasy gives you infinite continues.
>>
Some people seem to have a mental block when it comes to Treasure games. I notice this is especially true in a lot of Nintendo gamers who gravitate towards RPGs. Like Jeremy Parish, a guy who famously doesn't 'get' Treasure.

There isn't much to get about them. They're fast paced arcade games. Gotta work them fingers, brah.
>>
>>3682279
It's mostly just pretentious arcade poseurs who shit on Treasure games though.
>>
>>3682279
>Jeremy Parish

He's a bitter Nintendo fanboy with PTSD, probably from getting picked on in school by Genesis kids.
>>
>>3682279

It's just people who suck at video games railing against a popular thing because they themselves are unable to enjoy them because they suck at video games.
>>
>>3682068
> TFW I will always think Namco is better
>>
File: trash.png (24KB, 382x551px) Image search: [Google]
trash.png
24KB, 382x551px
>>
>>3682386
At least you tried.
>>
>>3682236

Yes, the board has a dedicated anti-Treasure shitposter who makes threads constantly like this blatant false flag
>>
File: Radiant_silvergun.jpg (63KB, 256x250px) Image search: [Google]
Radiant_silvergun.jpg
63KB, 256x250px
>>3682083
oops wrong image
>>
>>3682397
Hey, one mans trash...
>>
>>3682406
It's not shitposting if he's telling the truth.

Treasure a shit.
>>
>>3682105
I am glad we can agree upon this.
>>
>>3682279
>They're fast paced arcade games
Only two of them are arcade games.
>>
>>3682581

You're dumb.
>>
>>3682425
heh
>>
>>3682490
You a shit.
>>
>>3683574
>>3682386
>>
>>3682068
NO THEY IS THE BESTEST GAME IN DA WORLD NIGGER
>>
>>3682081
Low tier bait or autism?
You decide
>>
Babby's first niche dev that only made casual clones of better games.

They're like the Rareware of Japan.
>>
>>3682850
you are literally retarded
>>
>>3682490

Yes, it is shitposting if you're telling the truth. What?
>>
>>3683712
If I was literally retarded how could I be coherent or even post at all?
>>
>>3683729
Define shitposting.

The way it gets thrown around here, it's used as a catch-all for anything that personally triggers (You). Back in the old day, that was called trolling and was perfectly allowed on 4chan; then around when reddit became popular all the whiners emerged from the woodworks and started demanding safespaces everywhere. The internet died a little when those faggots were enabled, with censorship becoming the norm and "harmful" views getting snuffed out by mob rule. Admit it, your complaining about people thinking Treasure is garbage is the same as SJWs complaining about people who don't believe in the women earn less than men disinfo. You've fallen for the fallacy of political correctness.
>>
>>3683756
Imagine /vr/ people seeing 4chan circa 2003, when it was all tripfag circlejerking and "shitposting"
>>
>>3683756
How new are you? It was called funposting
>>
Treasuredrones can be categorised into two types of shitposters:

Shitposter A: the Nintendildo. Has only played Mischief Makers and Wario World on the Wii e-shop and thinks they're the best games ever. Never leaves his comfort zone. Very nostalgic memories of Nintendo, and little else.

Shitposter B: the Segaspie. Thinks the Sega Mega Drive is the greatest gift to mankind. Worships the fuck out of Gunstar Heroes and Alien Soldier, despite being mediocre run 'n gun shooters, to put it politely. Thinks Ikaruga is the greatest shump of all time because IGN told him so. Will get laughed out of belt scroller threads for liking/praising Guardian Heroes.
>>
>>3683843

>Belt scroller

Wait, are you both the same guy?
>>
>>3682386
>not Trashure

You fuck up, baka
>>
>>3682191
fuck your seibu, toaplan its where its at
>>
>>3683756

It's shitposting because the anti-treasurefag could never come up with an actual criticism for Treasure other than "a shit" or ad-hominem like "treasurefags".
Time and time again people asked him what about Treasure is bad, and he couldn't come up with anything other than "overrated", "treasurefags", "nintendildos", etc.
None of that is actual criticism, just buzzwords and shitposting.

It's kind of funny to know that there is someone who is so mad at Treasure that he spends his life making posts about it almost daily, though.
>>
File: Lent_out_SS_Silhouette_Mirage.jpg (624KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
Lent_out_SS_Silhouette_Mirage.jpg
624KB, 2592x1944px
I like Treasure games as I do from a lot of other devs. I think Treasure is special in the way their games gets /vr/ all riled up.

(Also anon who keeps telling me to get he US Omega Factor, I want the game thanks to you, but I can't afford it.)

I will acknowledge I don't exactly have high standards to enjoy a game: I just enjoy pushing a button and shit happens. I will also admit to being entertained by 4chan's natural progression on how they feel about games:
https://youtu.be/NpYEJx7PkWE
>>
>>3684998
>muh boogeyman
>>
>>3685981

Is that all you got?

It's also funny since you are the one using a boogeyman with "Treasurefags".

Come on, try to come up with any valid criticism against Treasure.
>>
>>3685990
>wasting time trying to change the opinion of a blind Treasurefag
>>
>>3686045

>treasurefag

Why do you prove him right?

If you have any actual arguments, debate him, otherwise don't post only to make yourself look lik ea dumb shitposter.
>>
File: silhouetteMirage_flyer.jpg (159KB, 805x1024px) Image search: [Google]
silhouetteMirage_flyer.jpg
159KB, 805x1024px
>>3685354
you gotta be a fan if you own stretch panic and silpheed.

It is hard to find a lot of worthwhile moments in those games.

>the pic
I am glad I picked up the Saturn Silhouette Mirage. Although it is annoying that the game does not let you save (other than through an extremely convoluted and tedious way), at least I don't have to beat the game five times in a row to unlock all of its options and features, like the idiotic way Working Designs did when they tampered with the game. The secret option screen (XBZ+Start at the Treasure Logo) is good enough to fuck around and increase difficulty, unlock weapons, etc.
>>
>>3682110
man, I'm still saddened at the fall of Data East
like, it was pretty obvious it'd happen and they didn't adapt to the end of the arcade era at all
but fuck me, they deserved more recognition when they were around.

Chelnov, Fighter's History Dynamite, Windjammers, Joe and Mac, Bad Dudes.
They were always a tad jank, but their games had character.

>>3682150
I like IREM. Dunno if I'd say they're massively better than Treasure, but they're good.

there's like what, R-Type? (R-Type Delta is fucking brilliant in particular)
Gunforce II?
In the Hunt? (I fucking love this game)
Hammerin' Harry?

>>3682236
Alien Soldier's only real issue is that the controls are kind of awkward.

shit flows like melted butter eventually, and the bosses are brilliant
but weapon switching, free/fixed swapping, and the float system don't really feel natural

>>3684998
the worst bit is, it's not hard to find issues with Treasure games
Gunstar Heroes is really sloppily designed.
Radiant Silvergun's chaining system is more than obnoxious, it's actually required if you want your weapon levels high enough to not die (also, Saturn Mode is really long because let's jam all the stages into one go together in an already long game).
see above this section for Alien Soldier

I still really like Treasure, but they're not a perfect dev at all.
>>
>>3682386
Kys
>>
File: radiant_screen009.jpg (34KB, 320x238px) Image search: [Google]
radiant_screen009.jpg
34KB, 320x238px
^please don't shitpost like that. Even if the original post is dumb there's no need to drag down (or bump up) a topic with that trash.

>>3686585
>Radiant Silvergun
>(also, Saturn Mode is really long because let's jam all the stages into one go together in an already long game).

This is proving to make a clear of its story mode pretty taxing, even with all of my weapons powered up. Some bossfights still take forever (like the centipede/roly-poly boss); it makes me frightened of facing them in the arcade mode without the benefit of ez-modo experience points. It's hard for me to imagine clearing the game with so many stringent chain requirements to achieve, even in the arcade mode's shorter duration.
>>
>>3682204
shake shake
shake shake
>>
>>3687368
You'll want to spend a while on the centipede boss anyway. Milking points off him is very lucrative.
>>
File: Clockworktortoise_logo.png (14KB, 233x169px) Image search: [Google]
Clockworktortoise_logo.png
14KB, 233x169px
yes
>>
>>3687368
You can actually kill the centipede (and the snake) fairly easily, because it takes multiple damage if you hit multiple parts, the homing plasma is very effective. Plus it has stupid simple patterns, and shoots pink crap to charge up your sword all the time.

>>3687483
>spending extra time on a boss to milk it for scores

this is the cancer of shmup games.
>>
>>3687562
Playing for score is essential in Radiant Silvergun, it's the only way to level up your shots.
>>
File: stg.jpg (265KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
stg.jpg
265KB, 640x480px
>>3682150
This guy gets it.
>>
>>3682236
How long did you play it for? It's a game that requires a but of time to really appreciate but it's one of the best console action titles of its gen. Also, it was actually made much easier before release.
>>
File: Grab_them_by_the_tits.jpg (688KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
Grab_them_by_the_tits.jpg
688KB, 2592x1944px
>>3686531
I'll be honest, I have no excuse for Stretch Panic though ...
>>
>>3683756

Shitposting threads add nothing to an actual discussion and serve only to say "NO U".

Like any thread that bashes anything, OP is looking to either piss of the diehards of whatever he is trashing to bask in the echo chamber of whoever agrees with him. No discussion.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.