[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buffalo bsgp1601bk USB controller

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: bsgp1601bk.jpg (363KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
bsgp1601bk.jpg
363KB, 1280x853px
So my BSGP Buffalo has arrived from Japan.
The building quality is pretty good. I love the material of the pad, it feels like a combination of silicon and plastic, which is great for those who tend to have sweaty hands.
The d-pad is quite good. Not Hori tier good, but very respectable for it's quality and it's precision.
You can use programmable macro combinations, the controller needs a software which is also included with the package.
Now there are some downsides too. First of all, it is remarkable small. Perhaps not for midgets, but seriously small. The face buttons are a lot more close to each other than it should be. Don't expect to pull out fancy combos in fighting games with this controller.
The L2-R2 are a big downside. Unlike most other ones, they aren't properly designed, and you will have issues with the grip overall.
In general, don't go for it, unless you have small palms, so it's ideal for people from 10 to 15, or for girls.
I guess I would had called it a bad investment if my girlfriend didn't like it and chose to use it instead.
>>
>>3679414
subscribed.
>>
>>3679414
>The L2-R2 are a big downside. Unlike most other ones, they aren't properly designed
Apparently some controller designers seriously believe that people use their middle fingers exclusively for L2 and R2 I've run into pads that exhibit this design myself. It has six face buttons though so do you really need four shoulder buttons?
>>
>>3679446
OP here. Well, there are some controllers with L2-R2 and six face buttons, like hammerhead, which are properly aligned and placed. And I'd say it is better to at least have the option to remap the buttons as you like, for example I know a few people who prefer six face buttons for fightings, and L2/R2 for everything else.
>>
>>3679414
direct input or xinput, cost?

that looks like it would be good for emulating sega genesis and N64. if its cheap enough and depending on PCB layout i have the stuff as well as the knowledge to just 3d print a new case making it bigger for american man hands. the only downside i see are no start and select buttons. then again i might as well stick with using a logitech rumble pad like i had already planned.

with a quick google search all i can find are moon runes, i can't read moon runes.
>>
That controller does look useful for Genesis/Saturn/PC Engine emulation.
>>
>>3679502
I tried direct input so far, it was a gift from a buddy and it cost around 17€ shipping included for Europe.
I'd say yes, it is affordable, but not cheap in the manner all those Chinese knockoffs are made of.
I also own three logitech usb controllers, while overall they're better, I'm not a fan of their d-pad, the BSGP here is far superior.
>>3679514
Only if you find the saturn USB too big for your hands, otherwise I wouldn't suggest Buffalo gspg.
I two usb saturn controllers and they're much better than this one.
>>
File: savary010.jpg (72KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
savary010.jpg
72KB, 640x480px
>>3679414
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.