[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got one of these for free. It smells like cigarettes and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: tv.jpg (28KB, 580x449px) Image search: [Google]
tv.jpg
28KB, 580x449px
Just got one of these for free. It smells like cigarettes and also maybe my memory is failing me, but n64 really look blurry on it. I guess that's normal?

What the best CRTV for n64's anyway?
>>
>>3678618
the bigger the better with the n64. Nothing worse than 4 people huddled around a 20" tv tryna play Mario kart.
>>
There's game shark codes you can use to remove the blur.

http://www.retrocollect.com/News/nintendo-64-games-hacked-to-remove-blurry-graphics-via-action-replay-or-flash-cartridges.html
>>
>>3678635
The developers intended for the blur to exist. It helps with the color exchange in the sprites.
>>
>>3678638
Developer intentions != looking better

The developers didn't intend the N64 to output RGB, yet it's objectivity superior as far as picture quality is concerned.

Removing the vasoline filter on 240p games that don't need it is a godsend.
>>
>>3678640
Playing through composite on a crt is how the system was meant to be played and has been proven time and time again to be the BEST visual option.
It has been discussed to death. Get outta here with your meme connections. Go read up on it on the Archive and see for yourself.
>>
>>3678635
The problem with the Gameshark codes is that they turn off ALL post processing from the video interface (VI) unit.

What causes the half of the blur in N64 games is the dither filtering. N64 games output in 16 bit color, just like PS1 and Saturn games. However, with dither filtering, a 21 bit color palette can be simulated. The trade-off is an increase in blur. Unfortunately, many games like Starfox 64 look absolutely disgusting with the dither filter off because they get very obvious mach banding.

The other half of blur is caused by the internal scaling, this can only be fixed with the HDMI mod which attempts to reverse the scaling.

Unfortunately, the Gameshark code also partially turns off edge anti-aliasing which does a good job in lowering the number of jaggies, and only causes a negligible decrease in sharpness (contrary to popular belief).
>>
>>3678704
anti-aliasing is nigger technology if you want it right raise the internal rendering resolution like a man
>>
>>3678635
The Nintendo 64. The console in which you need to enter codes on a game shark to make all the games look better.
>>
>>3678797
N64's anti-aliasing is very resource efficient considering what it gets you. Upping the resolution means more RAM and running the system faster.

>>3678804
>to make all the games look better.
Sure if you consider color banding and jaggies to be better.
>>
>>3678812
It's very resource efficient and certainly does help run the games faster. I'm sure if it was disabled all of our games would run at a slow 15fps as opposed to our blazing current blazing fast 20fps.

And also color banding and "jaggies" are what the developers originally intended.
>>
>>3678814
>It's very resource efficient and certainly does help run the games faster
Compared to running at a higher resolution it certainly does.

>And also color banding and "jaggies" are what the developers originally intended.
Not at all. Developers are the ones that set the VI registers to turn on / off certain types of postprocessing. If a game comes with dither filtering and anti-aliasing, that was the developer's intention.

http://hcs64.com/files/n64-hw.dox
>>
>>3678818
>Not at all. Developers are the ones that set the VI registers to turn on / off certain types of postprocessing. If a game comes with dither filtering and anti-aliasing, that was the developer's intention.
That's a lie.
Once again, go read about off of this in the archive as it has literally been discussed to death.
Yes, if a developer puts something into a game then it was intended.
Using a Gameshark and entering the codes needed to enable decent graphics/turn graphics on, was not intended.
>>
>>3678831
>That's a lie.
It's not a lie your dumb shit. Just look at the text file and see that developers had individual control over VI registers to customize exactly how much postprocessing they wanted.

>Using a Gameshark and entering the codes needed to enable decent graphics/turn graphics on, was not intended.
Yes, most developers did not intend for you to see banding and jaggies which is why they enabled dither filtering and anti-aliasing.

The HDMI mod "VI-deblur" re-scaling (which I think has now been ported to the RGB mod) achieves a much better sharpness effect than the Gameshark codes which 90% of the time distort the graphics to disgusting levels.
>>
>>3678839
>>>3678831 #
>It's not a lie your dumb shit. Just look at the text file and see that developers had individual control over VI registers to customize exactly how much postprocessing they wanted.
And you should go read the texts files that say it is a lie.
>Yes, most developers did not intend for you to see banding and jaggies which is why they enabled dither filtering and anti-aliasing.
>The HDMI mod "VI-deblur" re-scaling (which I think has now been ported to the RGB mod) achieves a much better sharpness effect than the Gameshark codes which 90% of the time distort the graphics to disgusting levels.
HDMI mod was not intended.
>>
>>3678849
>And you should go read the texts files that say it is a lie.
Where does it say it then?

>HDMI mod was not intended.
It doesn't interfere with the framebuffer output or with the N64's GPU, only rescales the image more favorably.
>>
>>3678647
The "RGB is a meme" meme is the worst meme.
>>
>>3678647
>meant to be played
Righto then.
>>
>>3678647
>BEST
Spotted the underage
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.